Tv-out Adapter Question.

common issue unfortunately. On the cable the s-video is male, so I just bought an extension cable that should be here any day now since my outlet is in the back of my TV. I also got male-male red and white cable. They make an adapter in radio shack (are you in the US?) that has a female s video outlet and a female yellow outlet, so I guess that would be beneficial?

er, Im pretty sure it's male. It has pegs sticking out, not holes for the pegs.

but yes, that is the adapter I'm talking about. Rather pricey (22 USD) in radio shack, so I suggest buying it online.

So is it female or male? butters says differently.

Honestly, fuck the gp2x. I'm so tired of this bullshit. Why make it male and the composite female? I even had a fuckin adapter that would have worked but no....they had to make the s-video male.

no, the s-video is male. you need an adapter that's female, and then a male-male yellow cable to go into your television on one end, and into the adapter for your s-video on the other.

you'll see when the cable arrives.

i feel invisable...
its a female plug (same in that picture i posted)

edit

im using a male svideo - female RCA adapter, then using male rca to male rca (all three plugs) into the back of the tv

im sure the official ones are all female, correct me if im wrong though

http://gp2x.co.uk/gp2xtvout.html

Unlike any other current handheld, the GP2X likes your TV.

Infact it can be used on the TV, just like a home games console.

All you need is the TV adaptor, which gives the GP2X an Svideo socket and L and R audio sockets!

Support for PAL and NTSC, screen adjustment and you can also switch between TV and LCD without turning off the system, just plug it in and connect regular console cables between the GP2X and your TV set.

Watch movies or play games on the big screen. Connections are all female. You can use any series of adaptors to get Scart/AV/Svideo.

Can output at high resolutions for DivX playback. Just plugs into the GP2X EXT port, select TV out from main menu, plug and play.

So that's what it's like when two people who are both correct have opposite answers. Funny thread :)

Scary thread. Damn near shit myself when I realized I would have to buy an adapter on a adapter, then buy an extender on that very adapter.

GamePark, you so crazay!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back