Official Gp2x Power Supply Question

SecretAgent

Still Fresh
Hi guys,
my GP2X should be arriving in a few days but, I'm very new to all of this stuff - sorry if this has been asked a million times (I looked around the boards but couldn't find a solid answer).

I ordered the official GP2X power supply http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-70-14wk.html and wanted to know if this will work in the US. If I get a plug converter will that work? Or do I need something that converts the voltage (should I send back the official adapter)?

Any links would greatly help.

Thanks

It will work fine in the US, all you need to do is get a plug converter or get a plug like the one that plugs into an Xbox/PS2/PS1

Not sure if Play-Asia does, but many suppliers will include a US converter with it.
I would wait to see what you get before you make a decision to get another converter.

does anyone have any links to a plug converter (UK to US) that will work with the GP2X power adapter?

You could use a standard kettle lead. The official PSU is designed to be used at worldwide voltages with a figure-8 cable. All you need, therefore, is something like this, except you could probably find one cheaper on eBay.

You could use a standard kettle lead. The official PSU is designed to be used at worldwide voltages with a figure-8 cable. All you need, therefore, is something like this, except you could probably find one cheaper on eBay.

Thanks a lot nickspoon! That will work perfectly ( I just wanted to double check w/all you guys since I'm new to all this).

I'll say it again, the GP2X community rocks and thanks a lot for the help so far guys! I hope I get the chance to offer my help once I start learning things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back