Trying to get my pre-order refunded

Does anyone who posted in this thread have access to the information necessary to let me know where I stand as far as getting my refund  goes? If not, who can I contact?

This "Jacquelyn" person who responded to my emails started ignoring them after I asked for a second update on the status of the refund.

How much longer is Craig going to stay silent?

ED needs 100% accurate information and the community and pre orders need to know what the true situation is.

The community is where future sales will come from so he needs to keep them happy and expand it ASAP

No news or waffle just fuels all the negative thoughts so it is down to him to sort and put a stop to it all - he only has himself to blame at the moment.

With the way some people are speculating he needs to put the record straight once and for all.

Worried at the moment that the community may get ripped apart for the sake of a lack of honesty

With the way some people are speculating he needs to put the record straight once and for all.

Worried at the moment that the community may get ripped apart for the sake of a lack of honesty
Not everyone shares your sense of drama. The vast majority of preorders are not posting to, or even reading these threads every day. They know that devices and refunds will go out at a rate that is not possible for anyone to predict. Craig giving out a breakdown the quantity of refunds vs preorders won't speed up this process at all.

Ignoring your later emails?
Yes, ignoring. After "her" last reply, I emailed asking for an update one week later. No response. One week after that I sent another email. No response. I am being ignored at this point.

I'm really sad to read this,because people who made the first preordes was who made posible the awesome device pandora es today.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

Is this then end of the Pandora Era?  :(
No. Why should it?

I can't do much about refunds for Craigs customers, but I can and will provide units right away after upgrading and as good as I can for the remaining queue.

Is this then end of the Pandora Era?  :(
No. Why should it?

I can't do much about refunds for Craigs customers, but I can and will provide units right away after upgrading and as good as I can for the remaining queue.
Good to hear because I love my new pandora.  It's just that I heard people complain everywhere on this thread and want refund :)

Ignoring your later emails?
Yes, ignoring. After "her" last reply, I emailed asking for an update one week later. No response. One week after that I sent another email. No response. I am being ignored at this point.
I wouldnt't hold my breath awaiting a reply as I really doubt that OpenPandora Ltd. can afford to employ someone to answer customer emails. Mr Rothwell is (quite sensibly) focusing on the ICP project, which promises to deliver him some positive earnings.

What Craig is SUCKING AT is communicating the Pandora situation to Ed and his Pandora preorderers. Some kind of regular mass email to waiting customers explaining the current status, the numbers to be cleared, and his plan going forward -- that would be the minimum level of communication a decent business would share with its investors.

Unfortunately no amount of complaints here will make Craig change his ways.

You'd think by now he'd have realised the importance of communication.

I work in account management and find that even if customers have delays on their product/service as long as they are updated regularly they are fine with delays.

A lack of communication is the biggest complaint I hear from my colleagues clients.

Unfortunately no amount of complaints here will make Craig change his ways.

You'd think by now he'd have realised the importance of communication.

I work in account management and find that even if customers have delays on their product/service as long as they are updated regularly they are fine with delays.

A lack of communication is the biggest complaint I hear from my colleagues clients.

This, this, this. I had a huge post railing on people for calling me and others "trolls" or "drama queens" because we want something we paid hundreds for three years ago to be delivered, but it wouldn't end anywhere productive.

To cover the topics posted since my last post in this thread:

I forget when exactly the original batch 1 cut off date was, but I'm pretty sure that virtually all the cancellations were by people who ordered after I did.

When I originally ordered I was told my order would still fit in the first batch.  These days I have no idea what a "batch" means because there have been so many batches of things going out that it's lost all meaning.

Seems like he's playing with his new icp2 toy at the moment.. So who knows when he'll decide to chime in...

iCP2 is a huge kick in the pants to anyone who's waiting on pre-orders from Craig still.  It says to me "I've written the Pandora off, I'm starting something new."

Not everyone shares your sense of drama. The vast majority of preorders are not posting to, or even reading these threads every day. They know that devices and refunds will go out at a rate that is not possible for anyone to predict. Craig giving out a breakdown the quantity of refunds vs preorders won't speed up this process at all.

I think you'll find more and more of them coming out of the woodwork as time goes on. For the last 3 years I was one of those silent majority, but with the mismanagement on Craig's end (see my iCP2 comment above) it became too much. I feel I've been understanding through this whole debacle and the prospect of either losing my initial investment with nothing to show for it (bankruptcy), being forced to pay an additional $hundreds to upgrade to see a product or sit in a perpetual line is just not appealing to me.

Good to hear because I love my new pandora.  It's just that I heard people complain everywhere on this thread and want refund :)

I'd much rather have the Pandora than a refund. I've been looking forward to developing for it for over 4 years. As I mention above, though, if it's between getting a refund or not seeing anything I'd rather have the refund.

What Craig is SUCKING AT is communicating the Pandora situation to Ed and his Pandora preorderers. Some kind of regular mass email to waiting customers explaining the current status, the numbers to be cleared, and his plan going forward -- that would be the minimum level of communication a decent business would share with its investors.

I completely agree. If I knew that my Pandora was coming and how large the line actually was it would go a long way to placating me. Right now from where I'm sitting it just seems there's a growing hole and the only way out is to just leave it all and declare bankruptcy.

Looking at DragonBox right now it looks like my best option is to get a refund from Craig and buy a 1GHz Edition for $600 from ED. Paying $416 to upgrade my existing pre-order is ridiculous considering I'll probably never see the TV Out, Carrying Case, Extra Battery, Power Adapter and Stylus I also ordered. I'd even be afraid to pay the difference between what I originally paid and the $600 at this point.

Too much to snip Aphistic.

Batch 1 was originally going to just be people who preordered during the initial period and that did indeed get expanded to the point of being meaningless by later developments.

But, the whole thing about iCP2 being a kick in the pants is ludicrous. Craig is no longer in a position to do much with the project. Sure, I feel strongly that he needs to do a better job of communicating about what's happening, but expecting him to do nothing when he has Pandora related debts to pay, is just plain absurd.

I haven't seen any evidence that iCP or iCP2 have delayed any pandoras from shipping. He can't legally take any of the money for the Pandoras to pay for other projects, so I don't see any reasonable complaint there.

As for the refund, you're being short sighted. You will get a Pandora when there's money to pay for one to be produced. You will get a refund when there's money to refund it. It's not an either or situation, either both are possible or neither are possible. Assuming that the refund is more likely isn't necessarily a wise bet. I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay more to upgrade, but your likelihood isn't necessarily better with the refund.

If you do the upgrade, you'll have it done now, otherwise you'll be waiting for the money to be freed up for Craig to give you your refund.

Too much to snip Aphistic.

Batch 1 was originally going to just be people who preordered during the initial period and that did indeed get expanded to the point of being meaningless by later developments.

But, the whole thing about iCP2 being a kick in the pants is ludicrous. Craig is no longer in a position to do much with the project. Sure, I feel strongly that he needs to do a better job of communicating about what's happening, but expecting him to do nothing when he has Pandora related debts to pay, is just plain absurd.

I haven't seen any evidence that iCP or iCP2 have delayed any pandoras from shipping. He can't legally take any of the money for the Pandoras to pay for other projects, so I don't see any reasonable complaint there.

As for the refund, you're being short sighted. You will get a Pandora when there's money to pay for one to be produced. You will get a refund when there's money to refund it. It's not an either or situation, either both are possible or neither are possible. Assuming that the refund is more likely isn't necessarily a wise bet. I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay more to upgrade, but your likelihood isn't necessarily better with the refund.

If you do the upgrade, you'll have it done now, otherwise you'll be waiting for the money to be freed up for Craig to give you your refund.
I think waiting 3 years before bringing up an issue is the opposite of being short sighted. :)  You'd think if I was going to get anything they'd at least send me an email saying so within the last few weeks since I sent it.

You will get a Pandora when there's money to pay for one to be produced. You will get a refund when there's money to refund it.
What is unclear still is how further refunds are going to be paid. Ed has stated that he will ship preorder units when profits from new sales allow, but I haven't read anthing about how refunds will be funded. Perhaps after all preorders have shipped?

I think waiting 3 years before bringing up an issue is the opposite of being short sighted. :)  You'd think if I was going to get anything they'd at least send me an email saying so within the last few weeks since I sent it.
Well, you know what I mean. For either action to happen, they would have to have the money to produce the unit. It's up to you to decide whether to hold out for the unit, but you might not get your money much earlier.

I have my unit, so it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, but I would personally prefer to have all the orders filled.

Back