Tisk Tisk Craig

Azure, sad to hear you've endured so much and giving up now. I'm sure in a few more units I too will be among the lucky "majority" who has a unit they can be content with rather than the "minority" who have managed multiple units via the RMA process.

I've got issues with mine - the Zero key doesn't work unless I squash it right down and push it to the right, the left shoulder button needs a very hefty push to register and the "A" button is squishy.

I'm not sending it back for an RMA though - I'll wait until Pandoras are coming out of Craig's ears and he has spare units and is making a healthy profit first. To send it back now is just adding to his already enormous workload.

D.

I'm not going to condone or condemn anyone regarding the Craig/Azure incident, but I can understand WHY Craig did what he did.

I worked for friend of mine who I had known for many years. He built up his company from nothing (a mobile internet technology company) and the company was and still is doing very well. The problem is that they too had a forum for people to voice ideas or criticisms of the product which seems all very well and good. However, when you are working as many hours and are so involved with every aspect of your business, which you have to be on such a comparatively small scale, you become very protective about it and sometimes even the slightest hint of a criticism is more than enough to set you off and do something rash.

I ended up advising my friend that he shouldn't be involved with the forums at all and that someone else should take anything he had to say and post it on his behalf. It's the only way to keep some perspective about these kind of things.

It's just that same as going to see someone you know in passing who has a new baby. Try telling that person that their baby has big ears or a weird mouth and see the response you get.

And the flip side is: If you have a child who has big ears or a weird mouth, don't show him off to people if you don't want to hear what they really think.

:)

Sugarfix said:
It's just that same as going to see someone you know in passing who has a new baby. Try telling that person that their baby has big ears or a weird mouth and see the response you get.

Ooooh yeah. Like when my great great granddad went to Joseph Merrick's baptism. The family won't make that mistake again.

EDIT: And as for great great granny trying to make things better by adding "at least his genitals are alright" - well it didn't help much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the prior wall of text and for ED having to come on to clarify a few points. Excellent info though that answers a few folks questions.

Thanks to David for the compliment and to both Azure and Korlithiel, along with apologies as both were correct in that I did mis-speak, as it turns out I hadnt had your situations down right and you did indeed receive units that were DOA, or beset in some way.

Some of that is clearly missed due to a lack of play testing and not just mechanical tests that buttons can be made to register a press, as ED concurred with. All unfortunate issues and I am thankful both were level headed in reply, as they were justified to not have been.

zRichiz is correct though and does win the thread, as that was indeed the ravings of a braindead (a fave film) fanatic and I was wrong on many points. I was also ten sheets to the wind on a rare day without my children being around, so I got ahead of myself, where a closed mouth would gather no foot. Poetic though eh? Lmao. For the record I´m a mythicist aetheist aswell. I hope you wont hold anything against me either. No really.

I guess the f5´ing couple of year wait has acted as a kind of indoctrination into a cult mentality though your right and as I have been blessed with good fortune from the benevolent masters of OPT, I was unconsciously trying to reason the situation out fairly but still not without bias and some hope slipping in, that these issues will all go away soon and OPT can deliver quality units only, of a seriously quality product to the patient pre-orderers still outhere in the near future.

This all needs put to bed, including themselves, as they do need some sleep (as much as ED vehemently denies it) :)

TitanUranus said:
Sugarfix said:

Ooooh yeah. Like when my great great granddad went to Joseph Merrick's baptism. The family won't make that mistake again.

EDIT: And as for great great granny trying to make things better by adding "at least his genitals are alright" - well it didn't help much.

:D

PS Sugarfix - slight difference here is we are buying the babies... :blink:

Agreed Chaser, and the units I've received have steadily improved which is why I've steadily stepped up advertising the Pandora to my friends. Because once I do get a fully working unit I can start in on seriously coercing friends who will use it, as I'm sure by the time I convince them they will be able to afford it and the others may find more interest with more friends around who actively use one (much as I've seen with both the PSP and DS over the years, people want what they see).

Hmm, it wasn't sooo long ago that Craig was vehemently criticising GPh's products on build quality, design defects etc.

They GPh didnt go around deleting posts.

It's sad to see that this, and the locked Price Increase thread, seem to have been the main focus of the General forum for some time. Another mod pointed out the irony of the OP starting this thread off with "gp32x rules"... yeah it does, but there's not much sign of it in this section. :(

A few questionable things happened and they need to be discussed, but when we let them become our focus, they suck the positivity out of the scene. So let's inject some positivity back into the place, by taking part in productive threads instead of dragging out the dramatic ones.

This thread looks like it's heading for a quiet end, which is good. If it goes in another circle or gets bumped again later on to reignite things, just a heads up, we will lock it.

(This post is not aimed at any one person.)

Gruso said:
Tisk Tisk GP32X
Okay. -_-

I prefer this forum for the same reason that I'm leery of Facebook. Facebook is fine most of the time (except when it counts, because their accountability is not, ultimately, to you). The OP forums, similarly, were created in order to shift the balance of conversation slightly. They're perfectly fine most of the time, but better safe than sorry...

Ultimately, it's the same reason I bought a Pandora.

Gruso said:
[...]
A few questionable things happened and they need to be discussed, but when we let them become our focus, they suck the positivity out of the scene. So let's inject some positivity back into the place, by taking part in productive threads instead of dragging out the dramatic ones.

This thread looks like it's heading for a quiet end, which is good. If it goes in another circle or gets bumped again later on to reignite things, just a heads up, we will lock it.

Wait, what? I'm fine with keeping a positive spin on things, but did you just threaten to close this thread because it is not a positive spin? Has the discussion in this thread been heated or in any way breaking gp32x.de rules??

/Uni

Other mods have his back on this. A discussion where everyone keeps rehashing the same thing over and over is depressing and actually does detract from other posts that could be more fun, entertaining, or knowledgeable. While we'd love it if every post was rainbows and lollipops, negative posts are a fact of life, and we'll embrace the bad with the good as best we can. The problem comes when those involved are just repeating the same arguments over and over again. Circles are boring.
If an argument is just a bunch of people all saying the exact same thing then it's not an argument, it's just venting. If you want to vent, that's what LiveJournal was invented for :p

Yeah. There's absolutely no problem if something is constructive, whether it's a positive constructive thread, or a negative constructive thread. However, when we start receiving messages from folks who are concerned by the tail-chasing repeating of arguments, especially when things end up descending into unpleasantness, then there is cause to keep an eye on it.

Aren't you guys worried that this will make it easy for people to have a thread shut down or not answer questions that make them look bad?

All it will take is for the person who is wrong to not answer the original question or to give an answer that obviously doesn't make sense, send the thread off in another slightly different direction or have someone else jump in with questions that send them off in another direction or completely derails the thread, then when the person asks the original question again they get accused of repeating the same old questions. It's not like that hasn't happened before.

I understand that arguing on a forum can make it look bad, but it seems like there's a lot of room for abusing that system if you ask me. Wouldn't it be better if people just stopped getting involved in arguments that have nothing to do with them and posting crap about trolls every time someone has something negative to say. That way the thread will just die a natural death anyway.

We can't control people, nor would I want to if I could. It'd be great if people just didn't respond to negative posts meant to draw the argument in a circle, but it might happen anyway regardless of how many warnings we put up. All we can do is point out the circle and put an end to it.

Dunny said:
I've got issues with mine - the Zero key doesn't work unless I squash it right down and push it to the right, the left shoulder button needs a very hefty push to register and the "A" button is squishy.

I'm not sending it back for an RMA though - I'll wait until Pandoras are coming out of Craig's ears and he has spare units and is making a healthy profit first. To send it back now is just adding to his already enormous workload.

D.
It is also likely that you will be able to get spare rubber keymats after awhile. If you have basic skills you can always swap out yourself and save time and waiting. Keymat problems are pretty easy to fix.

If you have an otherwise good unit it may be wise to hang on to it.

I'm still waiting for spare nubs to become available, mine are shagged. To be fair, I knowingly bought a one nubber, although I wasnt told the one nubber was actually a zero nubber....

Everything else works great (touches wood :lol: )

jonlad1 said:
I'm still waiting for spare nubs to become available, mine are shagged. To be fair, I knowingly bought a one nubber, although I wasnt told the one nubber was actually a zero nubber....

Everything else works great (touches wood :lol: )
You could just send it back as an RMA. I did that with my one-nubber that turned zero-nubber with purple haze due to a faulty lcd ribbon. Now it is a normal screen with two working nubs Pandora.

DaveC said:
Dunny said:

D.
It is also likely that you will be able to get spare rubber keymats after awhile. If you have basic skills you can always swap out yourself and save time and waiting. Keymat problems are pretty easy to fix.

If you have an otherwise good unit it may be wise to hang on to it.

Opening up the Pandora will void the warranty - I don't care who says it's an easy fix (Craig himself has recommended I add more carbon to the zero key), if it breaks my warranty then it's gonna go back as soon as production is at a comfortable level.

D.

Back