Call for Hardware Talks section

Do you think it make sense to have a separate hardware topics section on this forum?

• YES

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • NO

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

cube48

Website
www.48.cz
What do you gals and guys think, does this forum deserve dedicated hardware section? Answer the poll please, argue and elaborate on your opinions.

I've found these threads that could go directly in but I stopped looking after reached those that were started in August this year.

I know it would mean a lot of work for mods to move existing topics to a new section and I'm willing to support at least with the search if that's what could help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good idea.

I never understood why there was a hardwarehacking section on the gp32x boards bit not here.

The rest of the sections need to be smoothed out first.. We've got too many sections that shouldn't belong here.

I've voted for, as it's something I think would be good for generating more H/W discussion amongst those H/W hackers who'd end up creating more nice mods for Pandora.

I agree with Wally though, as much as I'd like to see one, there are too many sections for me to monitor already and I miss loads of, no doubt great, threads - due to me pretty much just checking in on General, News, OT General, OT Other Consoles and iCP2 ones.

it's a bit catch22, splitting up to individual topics is good but then it seems more to track/follow.

I think when I get my Pandora I'd read the dev and beta S/W sections a lot more, and also a H/W one should it happen

Not just hacks but all hw related stuff. Cables, WiFi/DVB-T/UMTS/whatever sticks, cases, other tech accessories and problems or success stories related to all above.

I fully understand Wallys point of view and agree that too many head sections might lower the visibility and attendance of other topics (have this experience from other forums). Just didn't write that in the first post and waited if anybody comes with similar view :)

The rest of the sections need to be smoothed out first.. We've got too many sections that shouldn't belong here.
How about:

- Remove "1GHz unit" outlived its purpose

- Move "Beta Testing" as subsection into "Software News" or just simply merge them

- Move "Official Pandora News" as subsection into "General Talk" as production has become a lot more stable it almost outlived its purpose as a "special place to get official news from"

- Merge the OS Sections, or at least one OS Section with "Android" and "Others" as subsections, but I think just merging them should suffice

?

I voted no, simply because I frequent the forum regularly and find it easier to browse the information in a single section, rather than going in and out of different sections. Going on the current poll results I maybe alone in this, but that's my opinion nether the less!

Back