User Reviews Aggregation Thread

Oh, stop being such dialectic materialists! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having collections of glowing reviews - it reflects the state of the device, after all! No, its not 'balance' you're looking for .. there is no 'balance' in a critical review. Things that can be improved: sure. But really, this thesis/anti-thesis thing is tiring ..

not to look like the bad guy, but there needs to be some negative reviews in there as well, otherwise it seems biased, wheres that wally guy? does he have a review?
I think if someone had something bad to say about the Pandora, he probably wouldn't say it on these forums. Too afraid of getting lynched.

Oh, stop being such dialectic materialists! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having collections of glowing reviews - it reflects the state of the device, after all! No, its not 'balance' you're looking for .. there is no 'balance' in a critical review. Things that can be improved: sure. But really, this thesis/anti-thesis thing is tiring ..
Nothing is perfect though. When I want to buy a product, I prefer to read negative reviews, as they point out what could annoy me. If I'm fine with the bad reviews, then that means I really want that product :)

Also there's nothing wrong with dialectic materialism.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also look for bad reviews of products so i know what to expect, any idiot can write positive things about any product, but i want to see its failures, unless its something like music or movie, in which case i could give a rats ass on other peoples opinions, but say these $250 sennheisers i just bought, the only negative reviews i found was that some people had theirs cracked in certain places for no reason, and that theyre not the better model which costs 4 times more, so now i know what to expect, and know what to look for in case i ever need to go off at the people of sennheiser

I didn't point out any of the flaws in the device in my review because they are well known and I didn't feel like complaining. But no, it's not perfect. I didn't expect perfection however.

I find that negative reviews can skew things quite badly though. You could have a million positive reviews, and one bad one would be all it takes to plant a seed of doubt in your mind.

Through reading user reviews on many sites (don't even get me started on the Apple appstore... ), I find that people will give an acerbic review to a product based on things that are nothing to do with the actual object, such as postage, or the fact that they don't know how to use it.

I can imagine their being plenty of people that would slate the Pandora because they had no idea how to 'make it do stuff' and couldn't be bothered to read.

For most things I want that seed of doubt. As others have said, when buying something I want to know what to expect. No device is perfect, and knowing what flaws a device has will help you decide if that device is close enough to perfect for you.

On the other hand, I've encountered negative reviews that actually increased my confidence of the product in question: usually stupid users that have no idea what they're talking about complaining about "problems" that are actually there intentionally as features. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but when I read them I weep a little for the human race, and then click the "add to cart" button.

like where you cant hold the iphone like its a phone? thats a feature right?

It's the Emporer's new clothes defence "oh it doesn't work when you hold it like that? Well if you didn't want to be cool why didn't you just say so... "

EDIT: I posted it in general talk and I'm linking to it from here:

^ Added! Thankyou for the link.

@shadow.8 - I'm a little unsure about adding those links right now. Are they all user reviews, rather than those written for/as the press?

@shadow.8 - I'm a little unsure about adding those links right now. Are they all user reviews, rather than those written for/as the press?

The ones that seem to be strictly user reviews are these 2:

A Pandora Review by trevsweb.com

Pandora review by wejp.k.vu

Add whatever you feel is worth adding. I figure most are worth reading through even if they are not part of the official list. :)

^ Added! Thankyou for the link.

Looks like it didn't code correctly - it's not showing up as a link

^ Whoops! Fixed it now. :lol: Thanks chaps.

@shadow.8 - Thanks. I've added those, too.

Cool beans, this thread is a good idea but never would have seen it since it was pinned if I hadn't noticed 'last post by' from the 'OpenPandora Boards' page.

like where you cant hold the iphone like its a phone? thats a feature right?
No, more like "this router requires me to enter a password (supplied) to log into it and configure things" sort of things.

^ That counts as negative? :blink: Looks pretty fair to me.

Thanks for the link, it has been added.

Back