Release TinyLauncher Run Amiga WHDLoad Games

I'm guessing that the delay between selecting and game startup is proably due to them being WHDload installs? Amiga games in general weren't written with hard drive installation in mind, so this is a shareware program writen to circumvent this problem. If you run these games under normal Workbench, you'll see a splash screen nudging you to pay to receive a key. This is more than likely still happening behind the scenes, it's just that you don't see it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How to exit back to the tiny launcher menu. I read it was [R] and Q. What key is [R] as I can't get it to work?

I am wondering too what john4p was refering to. I would expect [R] to be the right shoulder-button. But that doesn't have an effect. And if it would have, then I would expect that to be a shortkey to quit the emulator, which can be done by pressing "select" and then "q".

I still didn't try out tinylauncher. But I tried the six games you listed to not work for you with my own workbench-setup based in a HD-directory and a bashscript that does automatically the following:

- copy preinstalled zips to that HD-dir

- modify the startup-sequence to directly and quickly start the game

- replaces the uae4all-config with a gamespecific one in case it was saved (because the game-specific config-saving of uae4all wouldn't be considered in that mechanism).

I am aware that because of the different setup this is not that much help for your, but I was curious if they run for me and now you at least know that your issues are not related to uae4all.

- It came from the desert: Runs, but sound stuttered in the intro at least. Didn't find a quick setup to solve this. Just found one where sound does not stutter, but the graphical part of the intro plays much too fast.

- Persian Gulf Inferno: Tried it into the game until i got shot a few seconds later.

- Syndicate: I had difficulties to select a language so I had to choose french. Everything else seemed to work.

- Wings Of Fury: No Issues

- Moonstone: Is there no way to skip the intro? Anyway, ran fine.

- Dune 2: Worked.

Didn't play any of these for longer at the moment.

Didn't notice any delays beside the usual booting. UAE4all-menu shows up in ~2 seconds, WHDLoad-splash shows ~5 seconds later after that.

I am wondering too what john4p was refering to. I would expect [R] to be the right shoulder-button. But that doesn't have an effect. And if it would have, then I would expect that to be a shortkey to quit the emulator, which can be done by pressing "select" and then "q".
Yes, [R] = right shoulder button. [R]+Q quits most WHDLoad-games and returns to Workbench/TinyLauncher. It emits both "numpad multiply" and F10 - most WHDLoad games have set one of these keys as quit-button by default.

It Came from the Desert runs too fast because UAE4All lacks "cycle-exact blitter"-emulation. The same problem also shows in Wings' strafing- and bombing-missions.

The code for cycle-exact blitter needs to be added to blitter.cpp from WinUAE's blitter.c (shouldn't be too much work).

I'm trying to copy across the games into the hdfile via whdload but somethings going wrong. I've set up the folder with whdload in it as DF0 and all the games in the ecs folder. I've also added the hardfile as the DF1 as nonbootable. When i start the emulator (winuae) it seems to start fine and says it's going to copy across all the games to the hardfile but then when it starts it only ever finds three files and then says it's completed in 1second!

I can't figure what I'm doing wrong, I'm almost sure the whdload layout is correct, anybody any ideas?

thanks

Mark

I'm trying to copy across the games into the hdfile via whdload but somethings going wrong. I've set up the folder with whdload in it as DF0 and all the games in the ecs folder. I've also added the hardfile as the DF1 as nonbootable. When i start the emulator (winuae) it seems to start fine and says it's going to copy across all the games to the hardfile but then when it starts it only ever finds three files and then says it's completed in 1second!

I can't figure what I'm doing wrong, I'm almost sure the whdload layout is correct, anybody any ideas?

thanks

Mark
I did a guide here, it's in french translated to english with google : http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.open-consoles.com%2Ft5969-tuto-whdload-sur-uae4all-20-installer-le-tiny-launcher&act=url

I got this working by the way - no changes it just decided to work! Also have a WHDload key registered just to speed things up a bit and get Moonstone working :)

KGLoad Whdload games launcher tested with UAE4all2, works in HD-dir mode

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66086&highlight=kgload

Minimalistic startup-sequence for launch in startup

Code:
assign >NIL: C: SYS:c
assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:libs

C:SetPatch QUIET

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:
Path >NIL: RAM: C: SYS:

Assign >NIL: KGLoad: SYS:
SYS:kg
IF EXISTS T:KGLoad/Load.kg
    Execute T:KGLoad/Load.kg
ENDIF
C:goWB
EndCLI >NIL:

I got a 1gb hdd Tinylauncher setup working nice in uae4all on the Pandora

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,

I wanted to use Hd Dir too, as it is easier to add/remove files on my SD Card. So I tried KGLoad. It seems it requires more libs than TinyLauncher, but I managed to make it work by making an HD Dir with all WB files in it. However, even if it scans the games fine in WinUAE, it seems not to add scanned games to the list if I do a scan directly in UAE4ALL on my Pandora. Can you update the list of games directly on Pandora?

Thank you!

Hi,

I wanted to use Hd Dir too, as it is easier to add/remove files on my SD Card. So I tried KGLoad. It seems it requires more libs than TinyLauncher, but I managed to make it work by making an HD Dir with all WB files in it. However, even if it scans the games fine in WinUAE, it seems not to add scanned games to the list if I do a scan directly in UAE4ALL on my Pandora. Can you update the list of games directly on Pandora?

Thank you!
Before use scan, try delete all files in directory KGLoad/Profiles/Default except Profile.ini

Thank you very much for your quick help lubomyr. I did what you suggested, and it made me realize I had a path problem. So now that the volume is correctly named, it works fine. Time to get a WHDLoad license! :)

Also recommend to use this utils in startup

http://aminet.net/package/util/cli/flush

it helped for me run game Super Skidmarks which required maximum free ram

Code:

C:Flush
ENDIF
EndCLI >NIL:

KGLoad Whdload games launcher tested with UAE4all2, works in HD-dir mode

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66086&highlight=kgload

ENDIF
EndCLI >NIL:

Hi,

i wanted to test it but do you know what are the necessary files (libs, fonts ...) to run KGLoad cause i just installed a fresh wb3.1 and it doesn't launch ... do i have to get a classicwb ?

Wait...so I can use whdload and kgload instead of tinylauncher and use hd-dir instead of a file? Does this all work and is there anything I need to be aware of. I neeeeeeed this :) Also being able to have cover art sounds great :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wait...so I can use whdload and kgload instead of tinylauncher and use hd-dir instead of a file? Does this all work and is there anything I need to be aware of. I neeeeeeed this :) Also being able to have cover art sounds great :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Could someone write a guide for installing this for us less tech-savvy Pandorans?? ;)

KGLoad_Launcher.zip

This archive include all needed files (include startup, whdload 17.2, flush utils) except copyrighted devs/kickstarts directory.

devs/kickstarts directory please put manually.

Some Warnings:

- Always before use scan, try delete all files in directory KGLoad/Profiles/Default except Profile.ini

- KGload launcher can't detect and can't add to list some whdload games

- Same with demos directory, can't detect and can't add to list any demos

KGLoad_Launcher.zip

This archive include all needed files (include startup, whdload 17.2, flush utils) except copyrighted devs/kickstarts directory.

devs/kickstarts directory please put manually.

Some Warnings:

- Always before use scan, try delete all files in directory KGLoad/Profiles/Default except Profile.ini

- KGload launcher can't detect and can't add to list some whdload games

- Same with demos directory, can't detect and can't add to list any demos
Thanks a million, I'll try this out later after work :)

Thank you lubomyr, it will be quite handy! (my WBClassic install was probably outdated)

currently scanning games! The bottom of the screen is just missing though - as in the pandora screen isn't big enough. Have you found a way to get it to display correctly or am I doing something wrong? many thanks

Back