Pandora Tincs - Multiplayer Shooter For Pandora (video)

mmmm procedural clouds are nice for eye candy :D.

Did you ever see the stuff on procedural nebulea generation in infinity? that is fucking sexy.

Also here is a sketch just trying out feels of character in the style i desire. You know i think the style im going for is called cyberpunk.

ideaspage_3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If Steampunk is done well (the year 1800 weapons and style) then it looks really cool.

Ok the styles we got possible now are:

Cyberpunk
Steampunk
Maffia (in WW2)

EDIT:

Btw have you made that sketch yourself? It looks reallt nice. Could you make one for steampunk and maffia style too?

'Muzz' said:
mmmm procedural clouds are nice for eye candy :D.

Did you ever see the stuff on procedural nebulea generation in infinity? that is fucking sexy.

Also here is a sketch just trying out feels of character in the style i desire. You know i think the style im going for is called cyberpunk.

ideaspage_3-1.jpg
this is a compromise on my sin city sort of idea and steampunk soo
+1

Wouldn't me doing one for mafia and steampunk be defeating the purpose of me trying to push cyber punk :p?

I might do them if i get time on the weekend, but i would rather do some enviro work in a cyberpunk universe... I also want to polish up that sketch so its less shitty. I'll try and start manufacturing art at a decent rate so that people get a feel for the art style i would personally like to achieve.

I would love to do this my way, but if people still prefer steam punk i'm still happy being an art monkey for that.

+1 for Cyberpunk. I don't like the Mafia Idea at all. Im all for steam/cyberpunk.

We could do a sort of steampunk vs. cyberpunk, maybe. Have the different teams not simply be different colors, but be different art styles?

'Vorporeal' said:
We could do a sort of steampunk vs. cyberpunk, maybe. Have the different teams not simply be different colors, but be different art styles?
Oh that would be amazing. Considing its name is not counter strike, we can do the sides thing like CS has the terrorists vs non-terrorists.

Hmm, i think that this art stuff needs a kick in the but to get it moving.

I say we need a deadline for the art style proposals. Ill talk to butterman next time i see him online. I'll suggest 1 week for the deadline.

I'd really like to Write a background for a World that is based on Steampunk and Cyberpunk. This really sounds like a great Idea, and one that is kind of unique.

And yeah, we should start to set deadlines. Would like to talk to you guys via irc, but it didn't work yesterday. As I have a Movie to do my next try will be at the Weekend. Maybe we should set a time to chat all together?

'Username' said:
Eh, could be good. Any more ______punk suggestions?
BioPunk, DieselPunk, ... ;-)

Story? Who needs a story in a 3D Shooter? :lol:
Better spend the time and energy for drawings, sketches of the Levels, Models, Weapons, AFAIK this is the way for a "simple" Egoshooter.
..."punk"...? Hm... yes, I also read about "Dieselpunk", AFAIK you could count Bioshock in there, same for the Movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

'PoisonedV' said:
Oh, cyberpunk online shooter, that will be a first.
Your sarcasm is plain, but your reason for using it is not. To my knowledge there hasn't been a game that combined the worlds of cyberpunk and steampunk. One or the other, but not both.

'fusion_power' said:
Story? Who needs a story in a 3D Shooter? :lol:
Better spend the time and energy for drawings, sketches of the Levels, Models, Weapons, AFAIK this is the way for a "simple" Egoshooter.
..."punk"...? Hm... yes, I also read about "Dieselpunk", AFAIK you could count Bioshock in there, same for the Movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"
Even UT has a backstory. And as I'm not able to do the Stuff you're calling up there :rolleyes: it would be a good way for me to do something. AND only because it has not been done it doesn't mean that it couldn't be good. And Yes Bisshok and Sky Captain would be Dieselpunk.

I just want to stress to you guys that the art style isn't what matters here.

It is about actually pulling together enough resources, skill and time to make a working game.
In reality most game projects that are started are never finished, hell i think ive heard a figure of 95% of commercial games never make it to the shelves, and even then only 10% of those games make 90% of the money in the entire industry.

So in other words, lets quickly decide on an art style, and stick to it. Next we have to elect an art lead, and then we need reachable milestones to keep us on track.

Because of the nature of online game dev, we also need to try and cut down on work as much as possible, so try and design things that are as modular as possible. Make a bench?, make it a separate object and make it in a way that it can be used again and again.

I still haven't had a chance to talk to butterman, but when i do i want to suggest a 1 week deadline for art style pitches.

Hey guys.

I haven't been able to get much done these last few days, I've had a birthday, I've been ill (hungover much?).

I'm also plagued with a few horrible problems I just can't get my head around.

Hoping to get lots more done this weekend.

Some nice concepts you be having there muzzy boy.

EDIT:

Anybody see the problem here? I know all of the model data has loaded fine, it was working when I was using plain glBegin() style drawing.

I don't believe I cant work out whats wrong...

CODE

glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);

glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, 0, model->frames[frame].verticies);

for(int b = 0; b < model->tFaces; b++)
{
glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT,0, model->faces.UV);

if(model->faces.num == 3)
{
glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES, 3, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, model->faces.indicies);
}
else
{
glDrawElements(GL_QUADS, 4, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, model->faces.indicies);
}
}

glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
glDisableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);

Silly me. The problem is. This :

2vxn0no.jpg

As you can see, the UVs are totally fubared.

Nah. It's compiling fine.

The loop works fine, it always has. It's somthing to do with the way I'm passing the UVs as they worked fine before :S

CODE

//For each of the indicies in the face
for(int c = 0; c < temp.faces.num; c++)
{
//Load up their index and UV co-ordinates
fscanf(pFile,"%i %f %f ", &temp.faces.indicies[c],
&temp.faces.UV[(c * 2)],
&temp.faces.UV[((c * 2) + 1)]);
}

This is how I'm loading them.

Fuck. Coding on a Razer Lycosa is so awesome.

'Muzz' said:
I just want to stress to you guys that the art style isn't what matters here.

It is about actually pulling together enough resources, skill and time to make a working game.
In reality most game projects that are started are never finished, hell i think ive heard a figure of 95% of commercial games never make it to the shelves, and even then only 10% of those games make 90% of the money in the entire industry.

So in other words, lets quickly decide on an art style, and stick to it. Next we have to elect an art lead, and then we need reachable milestones to keep us on track.

Because of the nature of online game dev, we also need to try and cut down on work as much as possible, so try and design things that are as modular as possible. Make a bench?, make it a separate object and make it in a way that it can be used again and again.

I still haven't had a chance to talk to butterman, but when i do i want to suggest a 1 week deadline for art style pitches.
you obviously dont understand

Style, is not just looks, its
gameplay which also leads to story

someone came up with steampunk, ok well what else
oh i know cyberpunk

how about we combine them both (THERES YOUR STORY AND MANY GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS)

how else are you meant to design an FPS, the game genre has already been choosen ?? :blink: <_< ;) :unsure:

Back