There we go! (2012-02-28)

a signed picture from ED/link/craig, of him/them holding your unique pandora. ready for packaging.

that would be deadly.

From what I read, ED was going to ship them for free so I doubt it would be a t-shirt or an accessory like an SD card. If it was that, ED would sell it and people would have to order it instead of getting it when their pandora ships. Plus I would bet that other people who already have their pandora may also want to order a t-shirt or an accessory.

Something simple like a sticker, postcard or poster is possible, but also completely optional (it wont be missed if its not there) and I think ED is busy enough without spending time on stuff that is optional.

I think that it is a nice looking box to ship the pandora in instead of the bland, brown UPC boxes that has been previously used. It's small enough to ship with the current orders, it wouldn't make much sense to sell it as a separate item, it adds something that was previously missing (depending on how much value you give to a box like that) and it can be used for marketing purposes (mostly for selling in stores, but it can be used by online shops too).

There was some discussion about a box like this a long time ago. I think the reason that it wasn't used back then because it would cost to much. Maybe ED found some leftover money from the investors...

I wouldn't call a box juicy.

I'm pretty sure it's not a TShirt because then they would have to get our shirt sizes and stuff before they shipped, which would overcomplicate and delay the shipping process.

Free shipping would be nice..or upgrade in shipping for the same price. Then again, as I understand it, a large shipment is being sent to someone in the states, who will reship it....I think. So, an upgrade in shipping may not help...but USPS is really darn slow.

An upgrade in shipping is also not something that can come after shipping ;)

Naaaah you're all wrong, it's a brand new cpu with plenty of GHz and hundreds of cores !

Openpandora-the T-shirt, Openpandora-the Coloring Book, Openpandora-the Lunch box, Openpandora-the Breakfast Cereal, Openpandora-the Flame Thrower

Especially the last one would be juicy...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that Craig mentioned working on the PCB for Project 3;

It must be a robot flamethrower!

Openpandora-the T-shirt, Openpandora-the Coloring Book, Openpandora-the Lunch box, Openpandora-the Breakfast Cereal, Openpandora-the Flame Thrower

Especially the last one would be juicy...
MERCHANDISING! Btw when will then be now? :D

From what I read, ED was going to ship them for free so I doubt it would be a t-shirt or an accessory like an SD card. If it was that, ED would sell it and people would have to order it instead of getting it when their pandora ships. Plus I would bet that other people who already have their pandora may also want to order a t-shirt or an accessory.

Something simple like a sticker, postcard or poster is possible, but also completely optional (it wont be missed if its not there) and I think ED is busy enough without spending time on stuff that is optional.

I think that it is a nice looking box to ship the pandora in instead of the bland, brown UPC boxes that has been previously used. It's small enough to ship with the current orders, it wouldn't make much sense to sell it as a separate item, it adds something that was previously missing (depending on how much value you give to a box like that) and it can be used for marketing purposes (mostly for selling in stores, but it can be used by online shops too).

There was some discussion about a box like this a long time ago. I think the reason that it wasn't used back then because it would cost to much. Maybe ED found some leftover money from the investors...

It could also be the updated version of the printed Pandora Manual that he mentioned was missing at the moment.

will craig also ship these surprises? i dont want my Rebirth panda without the surprise! also, since i ordered from craig, but im in USA, will you(ED) ship USA units to Link instead of craig? this seems like it would make sense, so you dont have to ship to craig, than craig to link, than link to us in USA? maybe craigs orders to be shipped to usa can be covered by OP Ltd. without having to go in circles

Good to hear that GC is doing stuff well. I expected more issues. ;)

Merchandise would be *definitely* cool. :)

But I guess it's more something like an updated manual as it can be shipped to others customers if they want one.

Back