The Tournament Hub (Launcher)

They use a Browser on the Pandora or just use some file transfert (go here, http://boards.openpa...pping/?hl=samba for information on how to share your Pandora files with Windows computer), or copy to some SD and plug the card in a PC, or use SD Mass Storage, and many more solutions.
Thanks for this information. 

Guess we are all from the same world after all... :blink:   :)

Last edited:
Neelix, I didn't even get THAT far...in my case, the PND failed to even mount...whatever that means.
For a while there the repo was broken,  and PNDs downloaded during that time would fail to mount.  This issue has now been fixed.  Try downloading it again.

- Neelix

It seems to work just fine. The detection of installed native games does not work yet, but I guess that will be fixed.

Some more feedback:

- Category "System/FileManager" is a bit strange imo.

- The selection cursor is not very visible (only the small transparent black box), something more "highlighting" would be better

- Minor detail: the marquee for Microbes uses transparency; this gets rendered on a white background which is a bit ugly imo; would be better if the background image would see through (or else a black background would be better than white)

- Startup takes quite some time, can you get it faster? (not urgent, but would be nice)

Last edited by a moderator:
It works great and it detects mame and native games, but i need to use external usb wifi, with internal wifi it takes ages.

Still no luck for me.

Doesn't seem to download the game images or info files and I can't find any logfile that could help anywhere :/

EDIT: Tried to run it from the same SD Card on a CC Pandora, still the same :/

I tried this for the first time a few hours ago, and I got the same as Neelix. I must say, though, that there has been a lot of things happening lately! I've had a bit of down time generally (Y'know - Flu, Work, general stuff), but I've started to catch up and man, is there good stuff around!

Did anyone have the Tourny Hub running, that c4a-mame comes up directly without the c4a-mame frontend? (and that the frontend also did come up, when launched not from Tourny Hub?)

I'd like to do another minor update for c4a-mame in a few days, be nice to know if its correctly working with tourny hub first, but pmprog is under internet availability crunchtime I gather..

(next c4a-mame will have a much faster score sync cycle.)

jeff

FWIW, I re-downloaded the Hub.  Now it works, I get no segfault.

However, you still have to close it and re-open it to make it sync.

The sync symbol appears, but it never updated my score until I closed out and came back.

Also the game did not launch direct from hub, it launched C4A.

But everything else looks good and works good.

Yes, C4A needs to be modified to work differently, so that it can come up and not launch the c4a frontend; theres a test build up in the thread here somewhere, but I've not had time to finalize it. (I think it works, but pmprog is tied up right now, hard to tell; also, I need to fix sync I think.. when c4a gets launched and dodges its frontend, it probably needs to do a sync run for the game just played.)

So I'm planning some c4a-mame work soon; I have to work together with pmprog on it, and we're both hard up for time :)

jeff

OK, I grabbed the new Hub and it works, but I noticed something strange...

I noticed the sync symbol shows up and it does eventually sync while the Hub still running, takes a while, but it does it...no more having to shut down and re-start.

BUT...and here's the weird thing:

I captured #1 on Donkey Kong Jr. - The website has BOB at 101,000 as #1 on the marquee, but the recent activity correctly gives me first place, as does the hub and C4A front-end.  AND...the Hub...well, it shows me as #1, but then shows Rank #0 and my same score!!

EDIT: I'm an idiot...the marquee is Donkey Kong, not Donkey Kong Jr.  The Marquee is right.  I am listed #1 on the Donkey Kong Jr. marquee on the website.

But still, the Rank #0 thing is happening in the Hub.

I know what is going on...because when you are NOT in first place, it shows the score of the rank above you.

However, there is no-one above you when you are Rank #1 - but it's still TRYING to show that score above you, hence the Rank #0 showing up.

Not a huge issue, but it looks weird!

Still, of course, does not directly launch MAME, but I am gathering that is more a thing for Skeezix to work out on a new release of C4A...am I right?

Did anyone try the c4a-mame custom build released up, a page back? In theory, it should (when run from tourny hub) skip right to the game.

(it may not sync the scores, however, but I'll look into it more this week ;)

Once tourny hub is stable, I can test it more to get c4a-mame working nicer with it. (Last couple times, tourny hub was borked good, so I couldn't get much into it; busy week this week though .. soccor starts, so I'm tied up two evenings a week just running around :)

jeff

Skeezix, I tried it.

It works.  Game launches direct.

What I cannot tell, at least for the moment...is if it syncs the scores or not.

I played Frogger, and did not beat my own best.

It did NOT show up in Recent Activity...on the website.

I do not know if this helps you.

no, thats good, thanks for letting me know!.. if the temp c4a-mame comes up direct, then I know something is right; it probably does not even try to sync, but thats an easy fix.. I'll see if I can find a moment to do that tomorrow or Wednesday (and also put up a slop of more MAME games.)

Positive feedback is as essential as negative -- you need to know if things work, just as often as if they do not :)

jeff

Well, then.  Glad it helps.

What I can't say for sure is...if it would have eventually synched on it's own, because it was late and I was ready to go to bed when I tried this.

Even so..usually, with the older build, the score would show up almost instantly in the website under Recent Activity.

With the newer build, that didn't happen.

The temp c4a-mame that can run straight into the game, isn't syncing right at all; I'll fix ASAP. I suspected as much so didn't post it to the repo, but just here to trial it with tourny hub.

More news later..

(its morning here)

jeff

Back