The Sun - Animal Cruity Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:39 PM said:
Where I live, if the deer population gets too large, they end up starving in the winter when there's not enough food for all of them. Hunting helps prevent that from happening.

They're killed to stop them dying?

Makes sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 12:59 PM said:
BTW, I live well within the city and have seen numerous deer and beers walk through my yard. Just about a week ago there werer two HUGE bucks in my back yard. At about three o'clock on a hot day in the summer there were two giant black bears that slowly walked through my back yard (probably looking for some water). Early last fall two big black bears walked into my yard, tipped over my bird feeder, sat down, and began to eat the seeds from the bird feeder. They were only two feet away from the window I was looking out.

I do hope noone shot any of them!

c0ncept posted on Oct 17 2005 at 07:31 PM said:
Where I live, if the deer population gets too large, they end up starving in the winter when there's not enough food for all of them. Hunting helps prevent that from happening.

Makes sense...

:D lol, make no sense at all that one! :blink:

Empyre posted on Oct 17 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
BTW, I live well within the city and have seen numerous deer and beers walk through my yard. Just about a week ago there werer two HUGE bucks in my back yard. At about three o'clock on a hot day in the summer there were two giant black bears that slowly walked through my back yard (probably looking for some water). Early last fall two big black bears walked into my yard, tipped over my bird feeder, sat down, and began to eat the seeds from the bird feeder. They were only two feet away from the window I was looking out.

Of course not! Just about everyone around here takes hunting seriously and follows the laws.

fishybawb posted on Oct 17 2005 at 07:57 PM said:
BTW, I live well within the city and have seen numerous deer and beers walk through my yard

If a beer walked through my yard, it wouldn't last 5 seconds :D
What would you do to it? I'm just glad my dog wasn't outside when they came by...

geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 08:06 PM said:

Makes sense...

Thats not the only reason people hunt. People hunt for sport and for the food, but if people didn't hunt the deer, they would overpopulate and many of them would starve to death in the winter. Even with hunting deer occasionally die from starvation.

You guys are so worried about people killing animals, what do you think about abortion? (people killing other people, legally!)

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 08:42 PM said:
What would you do to it? I'm just glad my dog wasn't outside when they came by...

You do know I was pointing out your typo, right? Beer instead of (presumably) bear? Oh, never mind :p

Of course not! Just about everyone around here takes hunting seriously and follows the laws.

BTW, I live well within the city and have seen numerous deer and beers walk through my yard

Makes sense...

Thats not the only reason people hunt. People hunt for sport and for the food, but if people didn't hunt the deer, they would overpopulate and many of them would starve to death in the winter. Even with hunting deer occasionally die from starvation.

You guys are so worried about people killing animals, what do you think about abortion? (people killing other people, legally!)

Hunting is wrong full stop, its such a cruel way of killing animals & noone can deny that, How would you like it if I hunted you with a gun & a pack of dogs? I rekon you'd shit yourself, Then think of how the hunted animal feels before it is killed in a slow & painful way, Who the hell can argue against that? Oh yes the posh horse owning "im better than you" type, you know the ones, its the people who drive the jags & bentlys expecting you to clear the road for them because they are better than us, The ones that take their own shopping bags to tesco (I mean Marks & spencers cause its more posh!) & the ones that wear REAL fur coats, Wine £250 a bottle anyone? cherio!, taa taa!, Make me so angry :angry:

fishybawb posted on Oct 17 2005 at 09:07 PM said:

You do know I was pointing out your typo, right? Beer instead of (presumably) bear? Oh, never mind :p
No, i didn't see that, lol, i've never seen beer walk through my yard......

geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 09:23 PM said:

Makes sense...

Hunting is wrong full stop, its such a cruel way of killing animals & noone can deny that, How would you like it if I hunted you with a gun & a pack of dogs? I rekon you'd shit yourself, Then think of how the hunted animal feels before it is killed in a slow & painful way, Who the hell can argue against that? Oh yes the posh horse owning "im better than you" type, you know the ones, its the people who drive the jags & bentlys expecting you to clear the road for them because they are better than us, The ones that take their own shopping bags to tesco (I mean Marks & spencers cause its more posh!) & the ones that wear REAL fur coats, Wine £250 a bottle anyone? cherio!, taa taa!, Make me so angry :angry:

There, we have it! It isn't the killing of the animals that makes you angry, you just don't like the people that do it!

Okay, who can argue against hunting? How about indiginous (?) Africans. Those who don't have a choice? Are you going to educate to them. The animals feel the same pain, the same sensation. Why is it right for them, but not for us? Are we 'more developed' than them? If you say yes to this, then you are a patronising plonker.

We are still animals. I don't like your vision of us living in plastic, concrete areas, while the surrounding countryside is kept as a theme park. There is killing in a rural life, controlled understanding killing. It's part of life.

If you don't control deers and foxes, the whole eco system becomes unbalanced, and the animals suffer MORE as a result. Foxes kill Rabbits, too many rabbits the foxes do well, and then too few rabbits blah blah blah. Why do I bother telling you these things? You seem to see NO hypocrasy as you sit in your cities (which are just hideous lumps of concrete poured over green land, crazy! You live there, the product of a raped eco system, and have the nerve to tell me about Nature???) and dictate how an area and a group of people should live.

Yes, Hunting is cruel. Full stop. But so is 99% of life. We are animals. So answer this question, as you couldn't answer the last, and just spouted a load of over emotional hyperbole. Should people from third world countries be allowed to hunt????

lubidog posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:50 PM said:
geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 09:23 PM said:

Makes sense...

There, we have it! It isn't the killing of the animals that makes you angry, you just don't like the people that do it!

Okay, who can argue against hunting? How about indiginous (?) Africans. Those who don't have a choice? Are you going to educate to them. The animals feel the same pain, the same sensation. Why is it right for them, but not for us? Are we 'more developed' than them? If you say yes to this, then you are a patronising plonker.

We are still animals. I don't like your vision of us living in plastic, concrete areas, while the surrounding countryside is kept as a theme park. There is killing in a rural life, controlled understanding killing. It's part of life.

If you don't control deers and foxes, the whole eco system becomes unbalanced, and the animals suffer MORE as a result. Foxes kill Rabbits, too many rabbits the foxes do well, and then too few rabbits blah blah blah. Why do I bother telling you these things? You seem to see NO hypocrasy as you sit in your cities (which are just hideous lumps of concrete poured over green land, crazy! You live there, the product of a raped eco system, and have the nerve to tell me about Nature???) and dictate how an area and a group of people should live.

Yes, Hunting is cruel. Full stop. But so is 99% of life. We are animals. So answer this question, as you couldn't answer the last, and just spouted a load of over emotional hyperbole. Should people from third world countries be allowed to hunt????
Except us PAI. We are just adorable!

geekylad posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:23 PM said:

Hunting isn't wrong per-se, lots of people hunt, they have to or they dont eat.
Hunting for sport is wrong.
Hunting to excess is wrong.

In response to your comment though, the fox does tend to die very quickly once its been caught. Also its not just the gentry who fox hunt so its not fair to say its just the posh horse owners.

If it weren't such a serious subject it would be quite funny to watch the people who are pro-hunt using all the same bullshit reasons to justify an act of barbarism when in the end it all comes down to them not wanting to loose something they have traditionally been able to do quite freely. In these enlightened times we have a greater environmental conscience and know hunting to be devastating to the ecosystem.

It's akin to smokers bemoaning the fact that they have banned smoking in all cinema's, public transport and soon all public places. They know its wrong to smoke, that they are killing themselves and those around them, but they don't want to stop because they were always allowed to in the past. In these enlightened times we know that smoking will kill us (or worse, not kill us but leave us with missing limbs, heart disease and lung cancer).

Enlightenment only reaches those who wish to be enlightened, the ignorant stick to the old ways until they (thankfully) die and get replaced by a wiser generation.

Thats why I'm so saddened by deadlychicken22, hes only a kid and should know better than his parents. I suppose he is American, that does explain the lack of environmental conscience.

Oh yes the posh horse owning "im better than you" type, you know the ones, its the people who drive the jags & bentlys expecting you to clear the road for them because they are better than us, The ones that take their own shopping bags to tesco (I mean Marks & spencers cause its more posh!) & the ones that wear REAL fur coats, Wine £250 a bottle anyone? cherio!, taa taa!, Make me so angry mad.gif
Do you mind.
/me Gallops off into the distance.

Thats why I'm so saddened by deadlychicken22, hes only a kid and should know better than his parents.
I don't believe these things because my parents tell me to, these are my own thoughts i'm writing.

I suppose he is American, that does explain the lack of environmental conscience.
There are many people here who believe exactly what you're saying, however, the majority of people don't. I really don't want to get into an argument over this, so I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back