Pressing The Joypad Buttons

pglh

Still Fresh
Having seen the mockups for the Pandora I'm worried that the action buttons could be a little too close to the keyboard. Given that I'm always getting thumb prints on the screen of my GP2X, I think that there may be cases where I'm accidentally pressing the P or Enter keys on the keyboard when I wanted to press the A or X buttons.

Other than that, I quite like it :) I can see the keyboard broadening its use past being a games console and frankly I'd get it just for the rechargable battery :p I'm sick of having to change the batteries every one or two hours. I'd have preferred to have the keyboard and game controls on a slider instead of a clamshell, because then, with the right music-playing software, I'd be able to dispense with my iPod Touch as well (although it does seem that the new machine will be a little bulkier - almost the same size as a GP2X in fact).

pglh said:
Having seen the mockups for the Pandora I'm worried that the action buttons could be a little too close to the keyboard. Given that I'm always getting thumb prints on the screen of my GP2X, I think that there may be cases where I'm accidentally pressing the P or Enter keys on the keyboard when I wanted to press the A or X buttons.
I could see it happening with the P key, but the Enter key? Control that thumb, I tell thee.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the renderings, I believe that the keyboard is flush to the surface of the shell, while the action buttons are slightly raised like the GP2X and most game controllers. As long as most of the force from your finger is directed on the action button, I don't think that your finger will activate the keyboard button. Still, that depends on the sensitivity of the keyboard buttons and how hard you press the action buttons. If you attack the action buttons like they are your girlfriend's lover(s), of course there is going to be some collateral damage.

that is the idea of "pandora with removed keyboard" mod

Back