The Rabbit Joint

Just been for my first bike ride in YEARS!!! 12 miles up and down some hills around a couple of dams (Derwent). Felt so good to be on a bike again (although the hill bits were pwning me). I've been considering buying a bike again for a few months and I've now decided that I will be getting one. Now I just need to work out how much I'm willing to spend and to find out what are decent manufacturers and models. I've decided on a hardtail, front suspension mountain bike.

Javacat said:
Just been for my first bike ride in YEARS!!! 12 miles up and down some hills around a couple of dams (Derwent). Felt so good to be on a bike again (although the hill bits were pwning me). I've been considering buying a bike again for a few months and I've now decided that I will be getting one. Now I just need to work out how much I'm willing to spend and to find out what are decent manufacturers and models. I've decided on a hardtail, front suspension mountain bike.
Honda do one, which apparently pwns all other mountain bikes, I'd have a look for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saracens make good starter bikes.

Also get rear suspention that you can lock out for uphill, better than hard-tail.

Just don't go off ramps with it locked out... biggest mistake ever.

Thanks for the info. After spending 2 days doing nothing buy looking at bike reviews and the state of my bank account I've decided on a Specialized Hardrock Sport 07. I've found a local bike shop that sells it for £249.99. Should be going to get it in the weekend.

If I get really into it again and have more money, I'll probably try and get a full suspension next year. When I do get one I'll remember about the locking thing ;)

I think this was the case for the GP2X archive, too, until Ed fixed it.

ZOMGZGOMZGOMZGOZMGOMFG!!!!!!!

There was just an old lady outside in a wheel chair, AND SHE WAS DOING A WHEELIE IN IT!!!!!

Javacat said:

There was just an old lady outside in a wheel chair, AND SHE WAS DOING A WHEELIE IN IT!!!!!

Awesome! (You should have taken pictures)

Javacat said:

:lol:

The hells grannies are back!

hellgr2.jpg

Back