The Rabbit Joint

Javacat said:
grrrr.. I bought the Introversion pack on steam a couple of days ago and have been playing Uplink, but it's sooooooo buggy. It's a pitty as it's a cool game, but yeah.. BUGZ SUX! I hear there are some free clones out now (like Codelink v2) which are better, so will probably check them out. Need to play some Darwinia first though and maybe try to like DEFCON :p

Speaking of Darwinia, Darwinia+ (also includes Multiwinia) is part of the deal of the week on XBLA right now. 800 points is my maximum for XBLA games so it was an instant buy for me. So far a pretty decent chunk of my "I would buy that, if only it were cheaper" list has been on sale. Also, good sale on Steam right now. Going to have to go crazy there when I make my credit card payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Oddly enough, my Zagg came today...
Fair. They're a bit of a bitch to put on but once it's on it looks great. Why are you bothering though if the phone's already in bad condition?

I just moved house, so don't have any internets for 2 weeks. Tatty bye!

Nova said:
I just moved house, so don't have any internets for 2 weeks. Tatty bye!
Byebye and good luck.
Edit: Oh, you've already moved. Erm...good luck in your new home, or something.

Amazon

Is this thing the coolest or not? :) I've never learnt fps's (blame my 386sx/25mhz that was too slow to run doom properly), so I'm quite interested in making them more fun. I've been meaning to get a light gun anyway for mame, but this plus the 3d screen should ben fun fun fun. Sadly enough I've got to start buying components for a windows build so that I have a 'console' which doesn't require booting out of linux. And the gun is a bit expensive, but .. gotta spend the money on something. :)

Well, maybe I should have checked the video again before posting. Or slept. I woke up at 16 yesterday and it's noon now. But since I'm in a jolly mood:

I've been playing lord of ultima, pc gamer (I think) gave it 90+% points if that means anything. Anyway I stumbled on a favourable interview I gave it a try.

It's basically a settlers MMO that runs in a browser. Build your houses, upgrade them, build troops and raid dungeons (and later there should be warfare). And despite the fact that this is a browser game, the graphics are pleasant, UI is responsive and due to the fact that it's a browser game, there's plenty of other players. I think the continent I'm on has 16k or so, obviously many just start and drop out, and I've yet to see what the end game is like, but overall it looks promising. If you ignore the sleep deprivation that is partially caused by it. :p And yes, the Ultima is there not by accident, I'm not 100% but I think it's the latest by Garriot. Someone could correct me if I'm offbase on that. If anyone feels like trying it, I'm on continent 11, the top players only have 5 cities (I'm on my first one), so it's not that far along yet. Whatever far along means with this game, since I've played only the beginning of what looks like it's going to be a nice campaign.

Lord of Ultima

EDIT: For all who care, there's a new version of TeX coming up! Yay.

klikklak said:
Well, maybe I should have checked the video again before posting. Or slept. I woke up at 16 yesterday and it's noon now. But since I'm in a jolly mood:

I've been playing lord of ultima, pc gamer (I think) gave it 90+% points if that means anything. Anyway I stumbled on a favourable interview I gave it a try.

It's basically a settlers MMO that runs in a browser. Build your houses, upgrade them, build troops and raid dungeons (and later there should be warfare). And despite the fact that this is a browser game, the graphics are pleasant, UI is responsive and due to the fact that it's a browser game, there's plenty of other players. I think the continent I'm on has 16k or so, obviously many just start and drop out, and I've yet to see what the end game is like, but overall it looks promising. If you ignore the sleep deprivation that is partially caused by it. :p And yes, the Ultima is there not by accident, I'm not 100% but I think it's the latest by Garriot. Someone could correct me if I'm offbase on that. If anyone feels like trying it, I'm on continent 11, the top players only have 5 cities (I'm on my first one), so it's not that far along yet. Whatever far along means with this game, since I've played only the beginning of what looks like it's going to be a nice campaign.

Lord of Ultima

EDIT: For all who care, there's a new version of TeX coming up! Yay.

That looks like Travian/Tribal Wars with excellent graphics.
Does anybody know of a good MMORTS like Age of Empires? I've been itching for one...

I haven't played Travian so I can't compare. But yeah, it's pretty to look at. I did lose my email account (hopefully they'll fix it, been using it for registrations for ages), and since I had not confirmed the address yet I can't login. But I was at the beginning so no big loss. :) so I started all over again and this way I get to retry without that many beginners mistakes. Oh yeah, the gameworld is actually world 10, europe.

semi-grrrr.. I'm at the office doing accounts and wanted something nice and easy to listen to. Couldn't think of anything, so checked my recommended tracks on last.fm and it's all screamo, viking metal and industrial <_<

Ended up going with LaFee as she's the hottest and calmest me thinks :p

I wanted to write a Java applet so I could make something interesting happen on my website, but apparently the JVM used in Firefox does some kind of caching on applets, and never ever checks if they've been modified on the web server, so I would have had to close the testing page, wait something like 30 seconds, then re-open it on every test cycle, after re-compiling the applet.

Someone said I could subclass ClassLoader and force the applet to be unloaded somehow, but I'd rather not go into all that meta-programming shit just to get reasonable behavior from the virtual machine.

So I gave up and played video games.

Edit: Also, appletviewer didn't seem to work at all, and the moral of the story is that Java is terrible and I wish someone besides Adobe had a good way to put a normal programming language in web browsers. Trying to handle a persistent network connection, and graphics and stuff in JavaScript seems insane.

quote said:
Boring. That's how the Wii's been controlling FPS for ages, or am I missing something?

Well, it's for the PC and not the Wii for one. And second, dual analogs. How many sticks did the Wii controller have anyway? (I don't own one). So to my eyees, it looks more like the way PS3 and Xbox do their fps's, with dual analogs and regular controller buttons but with the added bonus of a light gun. I mean the other pc option would be to buy EMS LCD light gun, but that's only good for MAME. If the XFPS has enough controls to be worthwhile, while making playing FPS's fun, it's all good to me.

Back