The Rabbit Joint

Nova said:
Dude, don't bother promoting my website if you aren't going to bother reading it.

Mass production starts on the 25th. There is literally nothing left to do, and most notable devs already have their fully formed Pandoras.
There are other people who have invested time in the website also ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
preorders have been going on since sept 2008. anyone sensible canceled. have fun waiting until 2040 for that obsolete POS
What are you doing here then?
Fuck, what am I doing here? I canceled my preorder ages ago (je ne regrette rien), and I don't have a Wiz.
Also, I'm only ever active in off topic discussions and 'other consoles' :( . I sold my gp2x and gp32 believing the Pandora would arrive by January 2008. Man that was silly.

Edit: I'm wondering what this forum would be like if the Pandora never came along. Craig would have properly backed the Wiz, sales would have shot up and support for it would be as good as that when the gp2x launched. Sure, the forums wouldn't be as busy, but the Wiz would have got the love it deserves. The Wiz and the dingoo would be like the gp2x and the zodiac, two little consoles with a big backing. When the Pandora actually comes out, the Wiz will sink even lower. Yippee.

Alas, this community is fubar for anyone who doesn't want a pandora.

exactly. this place is just filled with people anticipating the fucking pandora when it STILL isnt out. IDC if it's about to be distributed, it's too late and I don't give a shit about it anymore.

I'm only trolling around off topic nowadays. And i've offered my services in judging a competition if they need me. But other than that, this place is dead to me.

Maybe I've got a soft spot for gp32x...
Yes, I think I have.
Fuck you, Pandora. I might get hold of you in one of the (many?) batches to come. But still, fuck you.

I'm gonna need a new home/forum once it actually starts shipping, and I think I'll 'move' to what.cd

Do you want an invite?

exactly. this place is just filled with people anticipating the fucking pandora when it STILL isnt out. IDC if it's about to be distributed, it's too late and I don't give a shit about it anymore.

I'm only trolling around off topic nowadays. And i've offered my services in judging a competition if they need me. But other than that, this place is dead to me.

The community IS anticipating it. Because it's the next big thing. It was the GP32 community, and then it's successors came, which people anticipated. I can't see your point. If you're no longer enjoying open source gaming, why are you still here? No offense, but no-one believes you when you say the Pandora isn't coming, because it is literally and irrevocably close (like less than a month).

Pandora, the Pandora (ffs) won't kill off the Wiz. I know it won't for me. The Wiz is a highly portable little unit that I can take with me anywhere and play Monkey Ball (my latest vice) on the go. The Pandora is more bulky, and I can't just slip it in my pocket and take it to Uni with me. I also won't be able to conceal it during boring seminars. Maybe people will stop coding for the Wiz, but there's still enough content to keep me playing for years. Also, the screen is incredible.

Nova said:
Pandora, the Pandora (ffs) won't kill off the Wiz. I know it won't for me. The Wiz is a highly portable little unit that I can take with me anywhere and play Monkey Ball (my latest vice) on the go. The Pandora is more bulky, and I can't just slip it in my pocket and take it to Uni with me. I also won't be able to conceal it during boring seminars. Maybe people will stop coding for the Wiz, but there's still enough content to keep me playing for years. Also, the screen is incredible.

You see it in the sensible and reasonable way. Others do not.
If someone wants a Wiz, they'll come to this forum. Then they'll see the Pandora, and want that instead. It's simply the more desirable console to a 'noob'.

Maybe. I don't care if a bunch of newbs buy a Pandora instead of a Wiz. I'm not here to sell the device, I'm here to enjoy it. The less people who buy it, the more exclusive it feels.

pandora said:
Nova said:

You see it in the sensible and reasonable way. Others do not.
If someone wants a Wiz, they'll come to this forum. Then they'll see the Pandora, and want that instead. It's simply the more desirable console to a 'noob'.

I still love my GP32. Sure, I'd love a Pandora as well, but being a jobless college student with a car that keeps breaking, I'm likely not going to be able to afford one until after Craig quits making them. I've also been considering the Wiz for its portability, but as it stands I don't even have enough money for one of those yet.

So, at the moment, GP32 is my best handheld, and will likely remain so for quite some time.

Nova said:
See that's the thing, people diss the fuck outta Skullcandies, but they're cheap, get the job done, and neither of my two pairs have broken despite me throwing them around like a mofo. They're a bit tight, but that only becomes an issue after like 3 hours of use. I'd buy them again if they broke.

That said, I may swap over to some decent over-ear sennys when I get a cash injection.

EDIT: Sphinxter, I just aced your SixCard thing in two goes. I await my prize.
EDIT2: Is your Frogs of War game playable on Wiz? Sorry, I just discovered your site, the game looks pretty sweet :p

Ran out of sixcard prizes in the 80's, it originated as a dial up BBS door game for CPM. Was better then, there was a set number of points for each win and 25,000 would reset the score list and put you in the number one slot of the top ten but you could spend your points at a 2 for 1 ratio to knock down the other players scores at any time, almost no one ever won that way. There is a single player arcade style gp2x version of Frogs of War for the F100/F200 but regretfully I did not get a Wiz however I think the source is in the gp2x archive in my sig someone said if I link it differently it would run, if I can figure out how I'd be only too happy to. The network version is much better and I should revive it for the Pandora especially if it can get some adhoc networking going, it does a nearest neighbor server selection as I recall similar to DirectX where if the server falls off it rolls to the next hottest connect. It was originally a demonstration program for Rahner James IPX communications library for Novell networks released in 1984, was a bit of a hit once upon a time. Thanks for playing, not even going to ask how you stumbled on that. Not too many ever see the guycon much less tell about it.

Buds:
I wanted the CX380's when I read the response numbers and saw they were water washable but they were like $75 for a pair, just saw them on amazon and they had come down to $36, could not resist. My first in ear pair ever and with the smallest grommets they are quite comfortable.

Nova said:
Maybe. I don't care if a bunch of newbs buy a Pandora instead of a Wiz. I'm not here to sell the device, I'm here to enjoy it. The less people who buy it, the more exclusive it feels.
Sounds like something Ken Kutaragi would say.

Nova said:

I'm only trolling around off topic nowadays. And I've offered my services in judging a competition if they need me. But other than that, this place is dead to me.

The community IS anticipating it. Because it's the next big thing. It was the GP32 community, and then it's successors came, which people anticipated. I can't see your point. If you're no longer enjoying open source gaming, why are you still here? No offense, but no-one believes you when you say the Pandora isn't coming, because it is literally and irrevocably close (like less than a month).
Why am I still here? Because I like trolling. Where else am I going to dump my crap? Only in Off Topic. I'm no longer into gaming in general (save for a few exceptions, such as God of War 3) and shooters here and there. I didn't realize I still had to be an avid gamer to peruse gp32x forums.

Nova, you seem bitter and angry at me for some reason. You suggested that I remove your site promotion from my signature. I obliged. Even though I don't post much anymore, I still have one of the highest post counts, and thus I am still a fucking promotional billboard...but if your site is so successful, I guess you can pick and choose which members advertise for you. It's whatever.

I'm not concerned with people "believing me" about pandora. I don't fucking care what people think. I was extremely pumped about this device for ages, but it never turned into anything. It's too little, too late now. The technology may still be fresh, but it's nowhere near as revolutionary as it was 2 years back. I'm not trying to sound like a pretentious douche bag with this statement, but I'd rather spend the money on alcohol and weed nowadays. It's the truth.

PS: when the Pandora does comes out, I'll be thrilled for everyone who wants it. Thing is, it was supposed to come out in Dec 2008. Remember then? It was "literally and irrevocably close (like less than a month)". And I'm damn proud I took my money back in Jan 2009, or else that shyster would still be making motherfucking interest on it.

pandora said:

Didn't you leave a while back? It was for about a month. Maybe I should give it a go.
what?? why/where are you quoting my abbreviated nickname from
Eh? It was a placeholder because I didn't want to quote your whole post.

Whatever, I'll edit it.

pandora said:
pandora said:

Didn't you leave a while back? It was for about a month. Maybe I should give it a go.
what?? why/where are you quoting my abbreviated nickname from
Eh? It was a placeholder because I didn't want to quote your whole post.

Whatever, I'll edit it.
yeah, uhh, that makes a little more sense...
if you're unhappy here, leave too. I only come back to bitch and moan when i'm on my period :)

Username said:
pandora said:
Fuck you, Pandora. I might get hold of you in one of the (many?) batches to come. But still, fuck you.
Yes, I concur. Fuck you pandora.
God damn my name.

Tell you what, shall I ask to get it changed to 'wiz' for the lols?

I had a dream about the Pandora last night. I bought it from a dodgy guy selling them out of a van. And people on the boards complained because I was the first to own one, despite being one of the last to preorder. However WizardStan, who was actually a wizard, in the same vein as Gandalf stood up for me. Also, everytime I tried to use it, a new problem would arise, and I never actually got to turn it on.

What does it all mean?

Back