The Rabbit Joint

'PoisonedV' said:
'Javacat' said:
That's a bit unfair! Everyone knows only black guys can dance :/ How racist of them..
CODE
http://www.dancefloordale.com/

dancefloordale_animated.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
(naw)mcx said:
http://www.warprecords.com/dancefloordale/img/dancefloordale_animated.gif[img]

Looks likes promotional video for toilet network... "We gonna poo!"

'Peter R' said:
I don't like it as it is a fully OO language. I don't mind Java in that it still lets me have an Array of objects rather than a list of them for example. However, it is not that I don't like that everything is an object but that it makes it dead slow (just one of many reason Python is slow in actual fact). Oh, and don't get me started on the indentation :p.
Python is inherently slower than compiled languages in most cases, due to its interpreted nature. But this doesn't disqualify it as a useful language; it is far, far simpler to code most things in Python than in C, C++ or even Java. The object-orientation makes it especially suited to GUI applications, and it makes many types of programming much easier (and thus quicker). One has to strike a balance between speed at runtime and hours of development. Sure, it's not going to be great for running your supercomputing mainframe or calculating the spectral norms of infinite matrices, but it's not designed for that. Python sacrifices some speed to make a programmer's life so much nicer.

As for indentation, there's no reason it shouldn't be syntactical. It forces you to make your code clean and consistent. Arrays: there exists an 'array' module which provides efficient arrays constrained to a single type - character, integer or float. And lastly, fuck you, lists are awesome.

No one's saying lists aren't awesome but sometimes I don't need something slow but dynamically sized but something speedy with a static size.

I find Python very hard to read due to the total lack of any sort of braces and that is why I don't like that the indentation is syntactic.

I read code by its indentation, which makes it more difficult to understand non-indented code. Hence why Python's forced indent is good; not only does it mean that I can read all Python code easily but it encourages people to indent their code elsewhere (which they should be doing anyway).

Imho all coding languages are already at least twelve years obsolete and ineffective.

Brass Eye is brilliant, watch "The day today" aswell, kind of the same type of thing but a bit sillier.

And remember, if someone in the street offers you Cake, throw it back in their face and tell em to fuck off.

Peter R said:
sometimes I don't need something slow but dynamically sized but something speedy with a static size.

That's what she said

pandora said:
Nice one.
What happened to your avatar?

I thought I might try a spell without one.

I remember Dungeon Mastering three players on Philosophy lections. In the end we had exam about AD&D monsters.

'quasist' said:
I remember Dungeon Mastering three players on Philosophy lections. In the end we had exam about AD&D monsters.
dungeons and dragons is the most boring rpg ever. play paranoia if you dont want to be a party pooper

I used to have it, but it made me uninstall "Life' and 'Freetime'

K, so this is probably beating a dead horse, but when is the board going to be fixed? If this is going to be the central point for both the English-speaking Wiz and Pandora community, it is a bit of an embarrassment to have everything so badly broken.

'PoisonedV' said:
I used to have it, but it made me uninstall "Life' and 'Freetime'

Then you have to get the spellcast armor of bear strength with the Life +1 and Freetime +1 stat boosts. I was pretty bummed out till I got that too. I can't imagine how I used to survive without it.

Back