I was in a rush, people came.

I did not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Busted...

...my nuts

'Ravnos' said:
'sataniC Virus' said:
Ravnos, where are you going to in Europe & when? Might be able to recommend some sporting events if you like. Football is huge in UK & mainland Europe - i.e. soccer in yank terms ;) Loads of quirky sports too including cheese rolling, mud dashing & caravan racing depending on where & when!! :)

I hate soccer personally, and yeah, I've seen real European teams play live and everything. Just not for me. Hoping to go to Dublin in late spring. Not sure what the sports schedule is like but I want to check out something GAA sanctioned since some of those games I've never even seen before. You're from there, right? I might have some questions for you closer to when the trip comes up. I'm curious about the local music scene there, but not the stereotypically Celtic stuff since I can go to a Newfie bar here and hear that if I'm so inclined. Not sure how up on that you are but I'd be interested in what you have to say about it.

I want to take another trip later in the year, too, finances permitting, but I haven't totally decided yet. Narrowed it down to a couple of choices in either Germany or near Germany. And of course the gf wants to go to Greece since her dad worked there for a year and told her how beautiful it is. I dunno, I want to travel like Henry Rollins but I don't quite have the budget. ;)
Great man, sorry for delay - I'm from Dublin alright. GAA is not my thing but we have a very competitive Gaelic football and hurling championship over here (hurling is great to watch live - makes hockey players look like pussies!!)

Music scene wise .. Dublin is fuckin great ;) Name your style and i'll recommend some places for you. Personally I like industrial and death metal bands most, and we have had a few good ones over here recently. If you are looking for local Dublin bands, yeah loads of those too. They typically play in pubs (bars) with only a few days notice, but Whelans on Kildare Street is usually a great place to hear good live music 7 days a week. Stay away from Temple Bar as it's all leprechauns and tourist trad music!!

Most of Dublin is great for the 'craic' but let me know if u are coming over just to let you know what streets/ areas to avoid (all cities have areas a tourist does not not wanna wander into!!)

Hope you come over mate and have a rockin' time :)

My main preference is punk, but I listen to a bit of everything. I am looking forward to checking out whatever I can in the Dublin scene.

In other news, has anyone been following the MWC? The lack of any worthwhile Android news has basically guaranteed that my next phone will be a Symbian phone, most likely an Omnia HD. Assuming, of course, that Samsung does not fuck around and puts a 3G radio in it that will work with Rogers (and soon, Bell and Telus.) There is still time but so far it has been a letdown.

New York in three days and I've developed a horrible cold. Just my luck.

You in UK? Everyone seems to have (had) it, including me :(.

'pandora' said:
Indeed. Though I'm the first i know of so far :(

I had a cold about a week ago. Everyone here is sick. I mean EVERYONE. My classes were/still are a mess.

I had a sore throat for 2 days, nothing, and BAM, what can only be described as a 24 hour flu. Very odd.

'Nova' said:
'pandora' said:
Indeed. Though I'm the first i know of so far :(

Had one a month ago and everyone around is starting to get it again so no doubt i will get it again... <_<

Oh ffs, my sister's just caught it.
Will this ever end? :ph34r:

oscarwinners.jpg

Back