The PS vita processor in the pandora?

That's just a guess as to how much Sony is paying for the processor, and they'll be buying many many thousands, OPT even if they could get that same cpu would be charged a lot more as they wont be buying nearly as much, "economies of scale" I think is the term used here.

I bet it is the price, if you buy 100.000+ of them.

Also it is surely without the ram etc...

Interesting.

That's just a guess as to how much Sony is paying for the processor, and they'll be buying many many thousands, OPT even if they could get that same cpu would be charged a lot more as they wont be buying nearly as much, "economies of scale" I think is the term used here.

Sure, you're right but maybe in some months it'll be cheaper and it might be an option.

Perhaps someone can give us more details.

By the time specific P2 chips are being chosen this will be outdated... -_-

These guesses at prices of machines are always hopelessly wrong.

To the point where I've emailed the people who make them up pointing out glaring errors, but no reply.

It's just done to get hits, nothing more.

My opinion on that breakdown:

• Display and touchscreens: $50 - Far too cheap, even at Sony numbers
  • Battery: $3.60 - Far too expensive, I can buy that battery right now cheaper than that in 100-1000 prices.
  • Cameras: $3.50 - Maybe right
  • Wi-Fi/BT/GPS: $3.50 - Far too cheap - that chip is about $12 even at 100,000+
  • NAND: $6.00 - Might be about right, maybe a little too expensive
  • SDRAM: $9.25 - Ed has the latest prices, but sounds maybe too cheap
  • Processor: $16.00 - Vague, what does it come with? I'd still say $20 though.
  • BB+XCR: $16.25 - I'm not sure what this stands for? Bare board and population? It's too cheap if so. Would be minium $25.
  • Non-electronic: $11.00 - The case? Too expensive at their quantities.
  • Other: $30.00 - ???
  • Supporting materials: $10.00 - ???

The original list was compiled by someone on alibaba just guessing. Ridiculous.

• Battery: $3.60 - Far too expensive, I can buy that battery right now cheaper than that in 100-1000 prices.
  • BB+XCR: $16.25 - I'm not sure what this stands for? Bare board and population? It's too cheap if so. Would be minium $25.

maybe the back touch screen section?

maybe the back touch screen section?

Isn't that more of a touch panel?

There are also many more costs involved that list does not even mention.

I might fire an email off to EG but I doubt they will even answer.

@Craig know off hand how much more a battery is to get it molded into plastic?

Last edited by a moderator:
no like a battery that is part of the case: i.e like the backs of some phones are actually the battery

Well that would be a plastic box around the battery, if it was 100% custom the moulds could be expensive. Maybe $5000 then 25c-50c for each box, that would reduce quite a lot in high quantities.

There seems to be something else missing from the analysis: The PSP2 is being sold at a $65 per unit loss.

That's normal. They expect you to buy at least one or two games to make up the loss. Sony makes its profit off the games.
I'm not saying it's not for some companies. ;)

I'm only pointing it out, as I said, *because the analysis leaves it out*, and it would seem that the large per-unit loss and the fact they expect it to take three years until it begins to be profitable would be something relevant to mention if you're figuring out the cost of something. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the stuff in vita will be come outdated.

Vita stuff will be be fine from now and the hardware in there is for commercial,so we shouldn't both with it.

Wes should look at p1 and the hardware it has from this system we need to see what kind of hardware we really need to give us more of everything,we will need better hardware in p2 to be much better system than p1.

Back