The Pandora Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, as soon as I get one of those, I'll do some 1080i FullHD videos ready for download wink.gif

I hope this is not in jest. sad.gif
I will be so looking forward to that.

Judging by the " ;) " I'm guessing he's being sarcastic.

EDIT: Used different quote to clarify.

Peter R said:
No, ED does work in the TV business.
I know he works in television. I was saying I think he was being sarcastic about posting videos in Full HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, and I should get this baby next week :)
Might not be looking brilliant in Hires as it is still a prototype (FDM, not SLA) case, but it's really a real working unit :)

realmraellis said:
It looks so small and lovely... :)

Is that what she said? :D
EvilDragon said:
Yep, and I should get this baby next week :)
Might not be looking brilliant in Hires as it is still a prototype (FDM, not SLA) case, but it's really a real working unit :)

Alright evil guy, we'll be stalking you from now on instead of Craigix. One week you say? And you'll be where between 12 am and 11:59 pm?

EvilDragon said:

When you get yours, could you video it booting Linux? :D

Wow! PICTURES!!!

Getting real close now to a release, surely.

I think I speak for most of the people on this board when I say that I've never anticipated any product with as much enthusiasm.

Its very apt that the very device that could well spur the open computing boom in a way even ASUS couldn't dream of should be one of the very first computers to be developed in an open manner, with progress reports and public feedback and consultation.

+1 for seeing a video of it booting Linux and running X11

Thanks for the pics craig!

Looks nicer with a bit of white balance !!!!!

color.jpg

I'm disgusted with the quality of the replies rather than pics. Craig posted specs of an all-but final unit assembled sans keys based on his word (there was nothing forcing him to hold to that schedule), and all people can do is complain about the quality of the pictures.

These pictures are not on the Blog, so obviously they are not meant to be what captures the public's eye. Craig gave us these pictures as a gesture to the fans. There will be professional looking pics and a video on the website when they are ready to be there.

As for the actual pics, it is beautifully small, and the texture as well as the battery unit on the bottom is intriguing me. The bottom looks lined, and I can't tell exactly how you get the battery out from the picture. Also, the case on the side looks not completely snapped together. Anyone else picking that up?

Thanks for the pics!

anexanhume: I think the battery can be removed by removing one of the screws first - sounds like an ok solution to me because it shouldn't be required too often. He also mentioned that there is no board in it which is why it seems opened on the side I think. He probably got it in 2 parts and didn't take the time to put both halfs together.

anexanhume said:
As for the actual pics, it is beautifully small, and the texture as well as the battery unit on the bottom is intriguing me. The bottom looks lined
AFAICT the lines are an artifact of the prototype manufacturing process, doubt they'd be in the final mould.

JayFoxRox said:
anexanhume: I think the battery can be removed by removing one of the screws first - sounds like an ok solution to me because it shouldn't be required too often. He also mentioned that there is no board in it which is why it seems opened on the side I think. He probably got it in 2 parts and didn't take the time to put both halfs together.
Ahh, I just thought the keys were out, thanks.

theoddbot said:
anexanhume said:
As for the actual pics, it is beautifully small, and the texture as well as the battery unit on the bottom is intriguing me. The bottom looks lined
AFAICT the lines are an artifact of the prototype manufacturing process, doubt they'd be in the final mould.

I figured not.

The only thing that bothers me is the analog nubs look like they will lead to cramped hands, but I believe the people who have touched one and assured that won't be the case.

So will we see some high resolution photos today?
I mean.. do we need them that bad? In my opinion devs should concentrate on assembling a prototype (including keyboard), testing it, and preparing the software part (OS). I think we all want photos/videos of a real Pandora running it's OS. Those who still want some videos of P's case can have a look at beautiful plastic mock-up which was made months ago.

_VWV_ said:
So will we see some high resolution photos today?
I mean.. do we need them that bad? In my opinion devs should concentrate on assembling a prototype (including keyboard), testing it, and preparing the software part (OS). I think we all want photos/videos of a real Pandora running it's OS. Those who still want some videos of P's case can have a look at beautiful plastic mock-up which was made months ago.
Well its like saying 'do we really need footage of linux booting or another psx emulator trailer?!' its all part of the community vibe brother, pics here, a video there, tech talk here, fanboy talk there...so yeah i want to see a high res shot of the case....if thats not your bag then don't worry about it, wait for a topic that floats your boat! Plus the £200 we are paying will be for the plastic case that I want HD shots of, the newer near final design not a earlier version, the software on it is free, so that don't bother me till i get one!

Plus 'devs' cant assemble a prototype, or work on software ALL the time! so taking a few shots of a case isn't asking too much esp when they dont mind anyway!

Lazrhog said:
Looks nicer with a bit of white balance !!!!!

img
ooh, your right. i could hardly see anything last night.
personally i would most like to see a video of the Chinese plant.

1.jpg

Oh my god it is TINY!!!

EvilDragon said:
Well, as soon as I get one of those, I'll do some 1080i FullHD videos ready for download ;)
Please don't make the video interlaced, it is not good :(.

If it is all you have then OK, but if there is a 720p setting or a de-interlace you can run then I would much like it.

anexanhume said:
As for the actual pics, it is beautifully small, and the texture as well as the battery unit on the bottom is intriguing me. The bottom looks lined, and I can't tell exactly how you get the battery out from the picture. Also, the case on the side looks not completely snapped together. Anyone else picking that up?

Thanks for the pics!
It is very easy to see:
7.jpg

Just follow this guide, the red outline is the battery cover, it has two tabs with the screws:

7.jpg

theoddbot said:
Do you mean those lines I outlined in red? Or did you mean that cool tread/diamond pattern?

I love the diamond pattern, I think it looks cool.

Thanks for the pics. :blink: :pandora1: :) :pandora1: :D :pandora1: B)

I love the skunk-works finish, almost enough to sand down a Pandora if it didn't come with that finish :huh: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back