The New Ultimative Smaltalk Threadt (lots of Off Topic)

In my Pause, i inspectet my Car, and its not that worse i thought: there is a ice surface on the Windscreen and on the other Windows(tm) but i can still open the Door so i have acces to the anti ice spray, and the Ice Scrapper,
Oh and the Katwarn App worked, its said there will be blackice today
But i ditnt trust Katwarnapps since they made the Falsalarme in Hawai some Months ago (Rocket Alarme)..

@rygD
arming teachers is dumb; instead of 17 people dead you have 8 people murdered and 2 accidental homicides from teachers shooting the wrong kid in the panic of it all. that's all in the best case where a student doesn't get a hold of the teacher's weapon.

i'd also argue that desiring to own an assault rifle should be sufficient proof of some mental health issue. though i don't think it should be illegal to borrow and shoot them on a firing range somewhere.

but arming veterans is an interesting idea. i just wish for our "freedoms" students didn't have to go through guarded halls, metal detectors, and all that to feel safe. (in fact, it might give more of a 1984 feeling.)

[edit]
also, imx8 devices are coming out:
https://liliputing.com/2018/03/now-you-can-buy-mini-pcs-with-nxp-i-mx8-chips.html

Last edited:
Dead humans are dead humans, I don't care how they get that way. The more the merrier.

My point was that the idiot kids don't know what assault rifles are. What they want to have banned are not assault rifles, but they don't bother to actually find out what they are talking about because they watch too many movies. Assault rifles are very rare in the hands of civilians, while things made to look like them are not. Also, see my first paragraph.

Somehow I managed to survive school in areas where nearly everyone had access to firearms, and many had used them and knew what they were doing with them. We didn't have guards or metal detectors or any of that. Common weapons, other than hands and feet, included items that are used in schools, so not really a way to remove that risk.

If we all just work together I am sure we can eliminate all human problems by eliminating all humans. Then the rest of the world can get back to normal.

Weirdly, the AR-15 design was put together as a lightweight assault rifle back in the day, but wikipedia these days just calls it a semi-automatic rifle. I guess as rifles become more automated, the labels shift rather than defining a new term for the top level all of the time.

There is a lot of politics and stuff related to developing of military weapons that come into play. Basically the AR-15 now designates the semi only version which can be purchased by civilians here. The M16 is pure assault rifle.

as a random talking point in this direction, i do find it interesting that we have no-bullying policies, since we want our children to be civilized and such. but then we grow up and think it's good to throw our weight around in the international community, make bigger buttons than other people, and develop weapons of even greater mass destruction.

we also make movies that are about punching people instead of talking through our frustrations, dreams, and goals. hulk smash. we still value might over right.

but those who live by the sword...

but then we grow up and think it's good to throw our weight around in the international community, make bigger buttons than other people, and develop weapons of even greater mass destruction.
Everybody on the internet knows that you should not feed the trolls, yet people keep giving him a podium. Just start ignoring him, Trump making a fool out of himself is not news.

I need help translating some French (I think) text. If anyone is open minded and wants to take a look at some pics and tell me basically what it says, lemme know. It is a scan of a manuscript.

If someone are in Apple Watches: i took a Shower this evening whit the Sport Loop Wristband atached to my Apple Watch and it’s works pretty well:
The Band got wet but it’s doesn’t feal un pleasant and the velcro still sticks pretty save..
So if you need a Apple Watch Fristband that’s also works under the Shower and for Sports, this is pretty perfect
368b540cd27fbb300e12b1a21af64ba9.jpg

I just pulled out my video camera. It has been sitting on a shelf for many months, so I feel like I should do something with it. Not sure what to do now.
[doublepost=1520778296,1520772901][/doublepost]Hmmm... It kept telling me to take the tape out when I tried to put it in. Then a piece fell out. If they don't add extra parts to these things I guess I know what to do now. Surgery!

Stephen Hawking passed away today. :( The world mourns the loss of one of its greatest scientist.

I wish his family and friends strength in dealing with this.

Stephen Hawking passed away today. :( The world mourns the loss of one of its greatest scientist.

I wish his family and friends strength in dealing with this.
I can't "like" this.

Still, he lived for far longer than doctors told him upon the discovery of his illness. 76 years with a degenerative disease is an accomplishment in its own rights.
Now that Einstein's spiritual successor is among the stars (and the black holes), who's gonna be (if there will be one) the next Hawking ?

Last edited:
It's not many people who could have claimed to have been a legend while they were alive (not that Hawkins ever actually claimed that though).

He did have a rare ability to communicate complicated stuff in, relatively, simple ways. Mind, and shoot me down for saying this, although I don't think he was necessarily the greatest mind of this generation (i believe some of his contemporaries found it impossible to compete), but was certainly the brightest, and most universally accepted.

As an atheist, it's hard to say much, but it's a nice thought that he may now eventually rejoin the stars.

Back