Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politie-logo.jpg

...that one...

looks a bit like the Santander one, just flipped, and from a square base rather than a round disc base

logo_santander.jpg

I saw a few ideas with the Greek letter pi that I thought were nice.

Were there any further developments on that front?  Here is my take...

PyraPi.png

As for a full logo, here's something I whipped up in the heat of the moment.

PyraFullFire.jpg

I know it's late for entries, but I am new and wanted to share my excitement :) .

I really like how this result is a tie between #2 and #4.

Here is a compromise between both.

compromise.png

From the discussion I got the impression that most love/hate #2 because of the straight lines and angles. Therefore this might not be so much of a compromise, but rather a new variant of #2.

not moreso than prior art of idea 4.

If you want to draw inspiration from existing logos, be it just the idea, it cant look vastly different.

Similarly any simple idea has a root somewhere, in that someone has probably simply already done it.

Logo 4 is a direct copy of such an idea, while i think that is immoral im moreso worried about

http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/3808/1/1/how-to-draw-volcom.htm
You see things I don't see. What does this "Volcom diamond" have to do with logo #4? I don't see the link at all. It looks a tiny bit like logo #2, but nothing to be worried about.
They do seem rather different, don't they:

View attachment 8536
Volcom.jpg

The nr4 poll option is this http://yearntokern.com/2010/12/23/the-dp-logo/dp_01/  also seen in the wild by fzero http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15712-logo-discussion/page-7#entry318263

Flipped its one of the more common design languages there is. And for good reason, it looks unsymmetric on its head, flipped it becomes abrupt.

Pepsi changed their logo, because its a losing battle, and they used to have coca-cola's logo...

Whereas poll option 2 isnt the same as the volcom logo, it sure is a lot closer to it than the roc nation one.

Roc nation is a "label" distributed by Universal Music Group, they have enough to make ends meet.

Kicking downwards is the name of the game, but for anyone you can't get away with trademarking option 4.

Even so, its immoral. For however much one wants to say both volcoms lawsuit and their out of court win is rediculous,

the risk one takes in duplicating it is very real.

The big players write more copyright law than they adhere to. T-mobile has a trademark on a colour, if thats not worse than

patenting math i dont know what is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I hope there's a second round.
Why?  It's a lot cooler if it's this down to the wire and we don't know which will win.  The next round wouldn't have the same excitement and would probably be much more obvious from the beginning, and the losing side will just be trudging along for the two to four days it takes until the voting ends.

Yay! Go Logo #4 you are almost there! Right now #4 and #2 are tied from the moment I posted this.

Why?  It's a lot cooler if it's this down to the wire and we don't know which will win.  The next round wouldn't have the same excitement and would probably be much more obvious from the beginning, and the losing side will just be trudging along for the two to four days it takes until the voting ends.
This isn't about excitement. lol It's about picking the right logo.

Well, seems we are doing well, since both #2 and #4 logos are "right". ;)

I voted for 2.  I do like it best because of the straight lines and angles.  The font (which I understand is not a part of the vote) adds to it.  1 is the only other choice I liked at all.  the others might be ok if they were just the portion on the left or right, but as they are at present they are pretty ugly imo.

Maybe we should do a poll with 2 votes, or a second poll where we can vote for the ones we can tolerate.  I think 1 might come out on top, and I would much rather have #1 glowing on something that I will be seen with in public than with logo 4.

when does the voting stops exactly? 
Yesterday.

I think we could use a second round between 2 and 4, without text (we can decide on the font later), and including perhaps some potential variants/tweaks of the designs (shown in the description, not as separate poll options).

I ask, because I'm currently in Mexico city. half an hour ago it still was Friday and since you can still vote, that got me a little confused.

I really like how this result is a tie between #2 and #4.

Here is a compromise between both.
Funny. It almost look like "dp".

I think its now up to ED to decide, no further voting is required.
I hope he doesn't base it off one vote, especially when that "last" vote could have happen after the time.

I thought the poll would just end, but it looks like people are still voting.

Yesterday.

I think we could use a second round between 2 and 4, without text (we can decide on the font later), and including perhaps some potential variants/tweaks of the designs (shown in the description, not as separate poll options).
Because people voted strategically, a vote between 1, 2 and 4 where you have to order the three of them according to your liking would be better.Of course without text.

Yesterday.

Because people voted strategically, a vote between 1, 2 and 4 where you have to order the three of them according to your liking would be better.
Of course without text.
Except that some members of this forum have proved that they are unwilling to honour the rules of such a poll, which would make it somewhat less useful, unless someone can write an IPB plugin that provides a preferential voting system.

- Neelix

If there are only three options, the rules can be enforced by making a single-choice poll with these options:

- #1 is better than #2 is better than #4.

- #1 is better than #4 is better than #2.

- #2 is better than #1 is better than #4.

- #2 is better than #4 is better than #1.

- #4 is better than #1 is better than #2.

- #4 is better than #2 is better than #1.

and then the overall result of the preferential vote can be easily computed from that.

For more than 3 options this becomes a bit cumbersome, since you need n! poll options - for n=4 it can still be done, but for bigger n, the forum software does not allow that many (5! = 120) options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back