The Gp2x Is Dead!

Jae686 said:
nubie : WORD!
LOL :lol: :lol:

Honestly though if you can pick one up for around $100 and don't mind all this crap it is pretty OK for what it does.

I am pretty bummed right now because I have one with a NAND that won't respond to uboot (even when loaded over Jtag).

I am glad to see that the Wiz looks to be going strong, it should sell plenty at under $200. Craig even promised to make buttons to replace that dumb-ass second Dpad :)

Take that stupid korean bastards. I just hope there is room for the Pandora and GPH Wiz on this scene. Considering they are both so darn similar it shouldn't be hard to dev for both with the same or similar SDK's.

I don't really have a problem with the GP2X (at least not problems that can't be fixed), just fixing them takes more money than just buying the Pandora from the beginning.

The software is just getting to the point it should have been the first year, if GPH had included proper USB drivers and TV Out (and a real file manager/text editor) from the beginning. So if I can get my bricked guy running I should enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, rather than create a new topic (I'm unsure as to whether it was covered or not), can someone enlighten me on the Wiz's specs? I have no idea what they can really support. In terms of emulation, what can we expect? Dreamcast is obviously not likely, but will we at least have decent PS1? N64? Like I said, I'm a hardware noob :)

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Hey, rather than create a new topic (I'm unsure as to whether it was covered or not), can someone enlighten me on the Wiz's specs? I have no idea what they can really support. In terms of emulation, what can we expect? Dreamcast is obviously not likely, but will we at least have decent PS1? N64? Like I said, I'm a hardware noob :)
There is a list here.

nubie said:
[...]LOTS OF WORDS[...]
They further jerked us around by charging $50 for a crap stand (you must remove your dust caps or it won't seat. It needs 2 power supplies but the cradle covers the power in jack, WTF?),
The cradle covers the USB, not the power port.

*SCNR*

Love the GP2X, although the hardware has its faults, it's the software that makes it shine.

Back