Gp2x Dead!?!?!

clean_sandwich

Still Fresh
hey guys

i only had my gp2x for 5 days and it wont turn on for me. i only used batteries (good ones. energizer rechargables) and my wall plug a few times with my breakout board. i was enjoying playing sega on my tv and using my gamepad through the breakout board and i turned it off like normal.

now it wont turn back on. i tried with fresh batteries and with the power cord and it wont even click on. nothing. DOA.

am i out of luck? i didnt do anything crazy with it or used too much power to fry it, what am i to do? i hope its not dead, but seems to me it is.

anyone else gone through this?

if i have to return it, i hope i am covered. i got it through gamersection.ca since i am canadian.

aaaah!!

someone please help me

Hmmm, neither battery's nor psu works? That's unusual....
Maybe its the switch, try wiggling it a bit.

yeah, i tried that. both dont work. power supply and batteries. everything was working fine until i shut it off. wiggling doesnt work for me either

Return it. The policy from gamersection.ca reads:

What is your return policy?
If an item is defective, we will replace it as long as there is not physical damage. Shipping charges are non-refundable and customer is responsible for shipping item back. Product(s) must be returned in original packaging.

It doesn't power up and you didn't fry it using non-standard accessories. You'd be much better off doing that than opening the case and fiddling with the guts especially when it's covered.

Try powering it from the AC brick without batteries inside. The system behaves erratically when 2 power sources are present. Also are you trying to power it THROUGH the breakout board? This won't work; the GP2X and board need their own power bricks.

messiah posted on Dec 4 2006 at 05:30 AM said:
maybe you accidentally somehow fried voltage regulator?? Did you used official gp2x AC plug?

no i didnt use the official power cord. its made for europe so i didnt buy it. but i guess i am going to return it to gamesection.ca. but from what i hear, if i fried the power regulator, i cant return it,

Last edited by a moderator:
Epicenter posted on Dec 4 2006 at 02:34 PM said:
Try powering it from the AC brick without batteries inside. The system behaves erratically when 2 power sources are present.

That was for the MK1.
The MK2 shuts off the batteries completely when the adaptor is plugged in.

Last edited:
Back