The Current State Of The Scene

timeslip

I`ve been seriously considering buyinG A zodiac for the last few weeks for the extra power,the sexy looks and for emulation out of reach of the gp32.

Spent some time on the zodiac boards to check out the scene, seen whats availble whats up and comming and finally decided to sell my gp32!!!!

But only to buy on BLU

I mean christ! what a bunch of immature monkey licking assholes that seem to populate the boards - Say ANYTHING that doesnt conform to their views and get flamed for 3 pages.

They seem to spend all their time moaning about lack of software but say anything about the zodiac limitations and get another flaming.

I was interested in the the possiblitlies on GBA emulation but it seems that the guy who wrote his has only released a buggy gb emulator and done a run with the cash!

I also wanted proper Megadrive and SNES emulation, but looks like Im gonna get it on the gp32 after all.

The guys in the GP32 scene are the most friendly I`ve had the pleasure of yapping to since the heyday of the Amiga

So good on you all

timeslip posted on Apr 29 2004 at 01:09 PM said:
I mean christ! what a bunch of immature monkey licking assholes that seem to populate the boards - Say ANYTHING that doesnt conform to their views and get flamed for 3 pages.
i second that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree totally timeslip- it reminds me of the enthusiasm and friendliness of the Amiga scene as well. I may get another handheld at some point, but I like this community, and my GP- so I'll keep bothering with both.

timeslip posted on Apr 29 2004 at 01:09 PM said:
I`ve been seriously considering buyinG A zodiac for the last few weeks for the extra power,the sexy looks and for emulation out of reach of the gp32.

Spent some time on the zodiac boards to check out the scene, seen whats availble whats up and comming and finally decided to sell my gp32!!!!

But only to buy on BLU

They seem to spend all their time moaning about lack of software but say anything about the zodiac limitations and get another flaming.

I was interested in the the possiblitlies on GBA emulation but it seems that the guy who wrote his has only released a buggy gb emulator and done a run with the cash!

I also wanted proper Megadrive and SNES emulation, but looks like Im gonna get it on the gp32 after all.

The guys in the GP32 scene are the most friendly I`ve had the pleasure of yapping to since the heyday of the Amiga

So good on you all
That's exactly what I don't stop saying in our french forum to those men who prefer Zodiac whereas GP32 is very much superior for the moment! ;)

I hesitated at a moment to buy Zodiac because, as you said, it's sexy... but definitely want a BLU!!!
I sold my FLU only to get a BLU, not a very expensive Zodiac that you can't even buy!!!

edit: Misunterstood the topic, the flame part is removed. Damn, I read too fast.

I agree, this GP32 vs Zodiac fight is a childish one. Those made 2 different communitites, consumers and why couldn't they live together?
The problem I gues are the ones who say:
-look guys mine is bigger
-but mine can do more than yours
-... etc

timeslip posted on Apr 29 2004 at 03:46 PM said:
Flaming Can be kinda Fun but i think you gonna lose your bet boy!
I should have added a post after rather than mass-editing. Cause yours doesn't make any sense anymore. Sorry.

If you dont see that both scenes arent similar your on crack, most of the stuff were getting now is modified gp32 emulator sorcecodes. The gp32 still has a lot to offer and the zodiac has a long time ahead of it. Since the systems are almost identicle it could benifit both scenes if we get somthing like quake it would be easier to port to the gp32 then getting a port from pocket pc. So what im saying is we can harmonize for now ;) ( i still want a blu and english asr that would kick ass, but wouldent it be funnny if it turned out to have a garbage story line or bad engrish for the euro launch)

gp32animefreak posted on Apr 29 2004 at 03:27 PM said:
If you dont see that both scenes arent similar your on crack, most of the stuff were getting now is modified gp32 emulator sorcecodes. The gp32 still has a lot to offer and the zodiac has a long time ahead of it. Since the systems are almost identicle it could benifit both scenes if we get somthing like quake it would be easier to port to the gp32 then getting a port from pocket pc. So what im saying is we can harmonize for now ;) ( i still want a blu and english asr that would kick ass, but wouldent it be funnny if it turned out to have a garbage story line or bad engrish for the euro launch)
but the main difference I can see if the attitude of the zodiac owners.

The Homebrew scene seems more geared to making money as opposed to creating a community,

The bloody boards are just full of guys throwing their toys around their cots.

Its seems 2 have a real school yard mentality

i too have lurked the zed boards and they really are a different group of people...totally different attitudes! not as nice as the gp community at all.

if solid emulation does come of the zed, then i'll get one - it doesnt mean i have to talk to them...i just wanna play the games at the end of the day.

Gary

its true the zodiac scene has a bit of imaturity(spell?) but thats mainly becuase most of them are pissed and what they bought and/or are not patient(300-400 on somthing that has nothing very good currently). Plus the most average zodiac users r 11-14 and american(lol), even though tapwave had aimed for a 20 + audience. I can see wut ur saying though.

timeslip posted on Apr 29 2004 at 03:34 PM said:

The Homebrew scene seems more geared to making money as opposed to creating a community,

I expect that's because of the higher price tag and the general upper class gearing of the zodiac. I get the impression that it's aimed at older professionals who want to pretend to be making notes in a business meeting. Those kind of people can afford to pay for emulators etc. Here we have people moaning about how they have to pay for gpcinema :p.

Dozer posted on Apr 29 2004 at 03:50 PM said:
timeslip posted on Apr 29 2004 at 03:34 PM said:
If you dont see that both scenes arent similar your on crack, most of the stuff were getting now is modified gp32 emulator sorcecodes. The gp32 still has a lot to offer and the zodiac has a long time ahead of it. Since the systems are almost identicle it could benifit both scenes if we get somthing like quake it would be easier to port to the gp32 then getting a port from pocket pc. So what im saying is we can harmonize for now  ;) ( i still want a blu and english asr that would kick ass, but wouldent it be funnny if it turned out to have a garbage story line or bad engrish for the euro launch)

I expect that's because of the higher price tag and the general upper class gearing of the zodiac. I get the impression that it's aimed at older professionals who want to pretend to be making notes in a business meeting. Those kind of people can afford to pay for emulators etc. Here we have people moaning about how they have to pay for gpcinema :p.
its true we are a bunch of tightwads - The majority of us Gp32ers are loath to pony up any cash once we have laid out the initial cash for the hardware

Not true for everyone, iv'e just send squidge some cash, and will do other top coders as well. Only because i'm feeling guilty about not having contributed anything yet!

The Zodiac people have the "american way of gaming" (sorry, if i offend any americans here). You know, they always want to have the newest and biggest and fasstest and whatsoever. While most gp32_console users live the "european way of gaming". They prefer to have a solid, not to expensive hardware, that just fits their demands, and like to have a nice and freindly community.

well, I still am hanging around here after half a year, if everyone here acted like a total asshole, I'd have been gone ages ago :)

this scene is great, and a great scene means that people will be happy to contribute to it and that's what will keep it alive imho :)

Q-Wi-Q posted on Apr 29 2004 at 04:04 PM said:
well, I still am hanging around here after half a year, if everyone here acted like a total asshole, I'd have been gone ages ago :)

this scene is great, and a great scene means that people will be happy to contribute to it and that's what will keep it alive imho :)
Tis very true, I dont visit this site every day just on the off chance that some new hot game/software is comming out.

Its a cool place for a yap with other like minded individuals that dont bite my ears off If i dont agree with em

Horscht posted on Apr 29 2004 at 04:02 PM said:
The Zodiac people have the "american way of gaming" (sorry, if i offend any americans here). You know, they always want to have the newest and biggest and fasstest and whatsoever. While most gp32_console users live the "european way of gaming". They prefer to have a solid, not to expensive hardware, that just fits their demands, and like to have a nice and freindly community.
EXACTLY, im American but.. we suck. People laugh at me for having a GP32 sometimes because its not as 1337 as their xbox. Silly kids. Oh well, the smart people of America are here (well..im stupid but dont tell anyone I dont want to have to go buy a zodiac, xbox, ps2...im too poor right now)

Back