The Communication Cube

Well, it's sort of a noir thing, since it's a game about loneliness, I want to have very stark backgrounds in some areas that seem to be falling apart, and then bright, insane areas that'll leave you wondering what's going on (i.e. areas where you think you're not lonely, but in reality you still are) and by the end of the game, a calm, well kept place (wondering where to make it..).

You know what I like doing? Clicking on the profiles of random people who like OpenPandora.

N3nMy.jpg

YgJMr.jpg

FFVAN.jpg

^Is that person drinking Old Spice?

Take a look at this guy.

HsTZSDw4avx.gif

What happens when two factions vie for total anarchy? Anyway, judging by the rate at which topics change in these threads, most people won't know the difference, at least not after a couple of minutes.

Nooooo! Leave them separate! Where else will I post my weird pictures?

But we have a mod on our side. He could title it "The Absurd Cube of Maximum Derailment." Subtitle: "Let Chaos reign free."

...We could also leave it up to committee. New topic: what is the best name for this place?

I've loved both linux and emulation for years, discovering them when I was but a lad. NESticle was what originally introduced me to emulation. I can still remember playing Mega Man like crazy on my family's old Pentium 166 from Gateway 2000 (that's right, Gateway 2000).

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I grew up playing video games that were just simple fun and didn't require hours upon hours just to get anywhere. I can't get into most new games these days, yet I'll gladly sit and replay a game I've played through hundreds of times (I'm looking at you, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid and EarthBound). My father actually had me playing video games when I was probably only 3 or 4. He had a Mattell Electronics Intellivision (I still have everything that he had). I also really loved arcade rooms when I was a kid, so for these reasons emulation has always really been a big interest to me.

I build this MAME cabinet because of my love for emulation, actually. I've sunk over $1000 into it and it still needs work (I just don't have any extra cash to throw at it right now). Here are two of my very favorite games running on it:

img1058qv4.jpg
img1057gd9.jpg

I've followed the development of the Pandora since it was still in talks. I'm beyond pleased that the project has continued even with all the hardships. I got my shipping notice on Monday of last week and I live on the east coast of the US, so I'm hoping that I have it by this coming week.

Every computer I own runs linux (with the exception of my MAME cabinet which runs WinXP for ease and compatibility with the special hardware I've got wired in it). I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can get out of my Pandora in addition to the emulation. I hope to use it to VNC to all my other computers and maybe even setup some home automation eventually (and use the Pandora as the controller).

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago, I was looking for a portable solution that would allow me to administrate my PC remotely. I was using a hacked PSP at the time, but it was very difficult: I needed a keyboard.

My research lead me to the gp32x boards where I asked about the GP2X and a suitable pocket keyboard... but what is this? An all in one solution named "Pandora" and it'll be out in about 2 months? Sweet!

4 months later they took pre-orders.

20ish months after that, I finally got my remote administration terminal, and it has saved me a lot of headaches ever since. I just wish I had had it 2 years ago to save even more headaches, and that it hadn't generated its own set of headaches.

It sounds like you'd have liked an N810 in 2008, in hindsight.

Gruso needs a custom button on his moderator dashboard: "Shut down all Blue Protoman activity."

Perhaps. But he seems to have dodged the banhammer so far. He must have Chainmail of Ban Resistance +1.

I've loved both linux and emulation for years, discovering them when I was but a lad. NESticle was what originally introduced me to emulation. I can still remember playing Mega Man like crazy on my family's old Pentium 166 from Gateway 2000 (that's right, Gateway 2000).

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I grew up playing video games that were just simple fun and didn't require hours upon hours just to get anywhere. I can't get into most new games these days, yet I'll gladly sit and replay a game I've played through hundreds of times (I'm looking at you, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid and EarthBound). My father actually had me playing video games when I was probably only 3 or 4. He had a Mattell Electronics Intellivision (I still have everything that he had). I also really loved arcade rooms when I was a kid, so for these reasons emulation has always really been a big interest to me.
Similar story, we owned a Gateway 2000 Destination at one point, and I started gaming at about 18 months, not 3 years.

Back