The Communication Cube

20693110.jpg

...that was weird.

You have 5 minutes to move your Communication Cube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I first discovered emulation when I saw something about MAME in a magazine years ago (I'm guessing about ten) and soon had everything up and running, including an X-Arcade stick :D Other systems soon followed and now I'm way past the point of no return...

I'd been thinking of getting a GP32/GP2X for a while and finally convinced myself I needed one. But when I went online to order (I'm assuming I ended up at Craig's shop) it said they were no longer in production :( BUT... check out the Pandora! Pre-ordering soon! :eek:

So I set my sights on my dream machine, although I didn't pre-order due to a lack of funds (I figured I could just buy one in Jan/Feb 09 when I had the cash :rolleyes: ) For the next year I continued thinking I would wait the Two Months until they're readily available, then caved and pre-ordered January last year, when it looked like batch one was about to sell out.

Oh how I wish I'd pre-ordered when I got that notification email... :p

Holy crap! Did he deep fry his head?! :lol:

Hahaha, what do you think? Obviously there's some trouble with transparency, but your opinion?

Hahaha, what do you think? Obviously there's some trouble with transparency, but your opinion?
Buthisface.

Alternately: It is really good except for the face, which reminds me a bit of first part of Fullmetal Alchemist when they tried to bring back their mother, but instead created an abomination against nature.

Hahahahahaha, I just LOL'd IRL hard.

Soooo.... Change the face? Also, you know how I got the eyes? I just threw in a little black, smudged a bunch, and somehow one of them materialized. It was almost disturbing.

Anyway, you heard it here first, it's for my project IAM, or In A Memory. It's a game about loneliness. This is the first draft of the main character, who is really supposed to be representative of your subconscious. He needs to be rather... Ambiguous. Like, nobody in particular.

Advice?

He needs to be rather... Ambiguous. Like, nobody in particular.

Advice?
Do something a bit like Scanner Darkly's scramble suits.

*I'm not an artists of any sort, but I think that would look cool, assuming you don't mind putting a bit of effort into animation or shader efforts, and having the player's attention drawn to him constantly.

Wow, that could be... Rough.

20po4gj.jpg

Here's a tree that's supposed to melt. Note artifacts. Those are due to it being a GIF, and whatever is rather... dithered becomes bright pink. It looks better PNG, but you can't animate those. What do you think of it?

...Where were those all my life?

Also, what think you of the tree?

...Where were those all my life?

Also, what think you of the tree?
It's black, so at first I did not realize it was supposed to be a tree.

Even now, I'm not quite believing it.

Maybe if you thinned it out a little so the silhilouuousohuhoulouuettear was more obvious.

In fact, it doesn't appear to have a trunk, which makes it hard to read. So you might remove the leaves from around the bottom.

Indeed. Doesn't really look like a melting tree, so much as it looks like I'm staring at shadows after taking a hit of acid. Or so I would imagine an acid trip would look like >.>

To be honest… I've never seen a tree silhouette like this one, even drawn by a child.

I would never have guessed if you had not said that it is a tree.

I'm relieved to read that it's a shared opinion.

Just search "tree silhouette" on google and compare with your gif.
wink.gif

Oh dear, I see what you mean..

Well, back to work.

I suppose the trunk should be less thick? And the branches too?

My idea is to have the branches spread out initially, then they pull in towards the tree and the whole thing melts.

I'll get on it..

I suppose the trunk should be less thick? And the branches too?

My idea is to have the branches spread out initially, then they pull in towards the tree and the whole thing melts.

I'll get on it..
I would start by not having the lowest group of branches there.

Then you might thin it out, or make the leaves look green, or something like that.

Back