The Communication Cube

We should probably ban cat vs cars fighting to lower those numbers.

Nah, they just need better protective equipment.

AiCn3XPk.image

War has cost 237.000 human lives in 2022, so banning those might help to.
Good luck enforcing the ban without war.
I guess, if the world would come together each time to help the stronger war party, the wars would be over more quickly. And, unless the aggressor's goal is decimation, this way the wars would cost fewer lives.

Good luck enforcing the ban without war.
I guess, if the world would come together each time to help the stronger war party, the wars would be over more quickly. And, unless the aggressor's goal is decimation, this way the wars would cost fewer lives.
But then the stronger party would start more wars, maybe ? So more shorter wars ?
Anyway, we are already doing this. Stronger parties get away with much expoils just for fear by others that they start a war. Wars don't get shorter than submission before they start. And that's a daily commonplace thing.
We could also ban weapons manufacturing, armies, etc. And jail more warmongering overlords. The question is how.
Not forgetting the 70.000.000.000 chickens killed each year by humans for consumption, which I think is the most popular bird so this amount isn't the total amount of birds killed.
Wow. That's worlwide, I hope. Still 9 whole chickens per person per year is a lot. If at least that was the only meat people eat, but there're many more.
I think people should eat less meat, ideally none, but anyway, I'm more worried by accidental deaths than killing to feed other animals. Animals are living beings that kill other living beings to survive (that's not exact, frugivors can eat just part of plants without killing them, mosquitoes do kill a lot but they don't need to for survival, is more like a side job of transporting pathogens). Vegetables survive without killing anyone. So killing an animal is kind of more just than killing a vegetable (at least in a Talion, Hammurabi, or tit for tat way). But raising an animal kills more vegetables than eating vegetables, so eat vegetables, no matter it's individually more unjust.
But killing a living being and not even eating it, that's lame (unless self defense, did you hear mosquitoes?).

If I remember correctly, the number of birds killed by cats is a very rough estimate (something like taking the number of cats in the country, estimating the percentage that goes outside and multiplying this by an estimate of how many birds a single cat kills in average).

The real problem with that number is that it's unclear how many of these birds would have survived if not for that cats. Birds usually fly away when attacked, so birds killed by cats are likely to be weaker birds or birds who'd have been killed by some other predator.

Not forgetting the 70.000.000.000 chickens killed each year by humans for consumption, which I think is the most popular bird so this amount isn't the total amount of birds killed.
This one is even bigger if you add the roosters killed for cheap eggs to it. What is even worse is that the chickens are tortured for consumption. At least the birds killed by cats probably were not tortured for months by the cats.

And it does seem hypocritical to imprison our carnivorous cats to prevent them from quickly killing and eating birds while we, a species best suited for a plant-based diet, have birds tortured for months and then killed, all for our consumption.

But then the stronger party would start more wars, maybe ? So more shorter wars ?
Anyway, we are already doing this. Stronger parties get away with much expoils just for fear by others that they start a war. Wars don't get shorter than submission before they start.
Sooner or later there'd only be left The Global Empire and with that no more wars.
Though, that wouldn't be my preference.
Birds usually fly away when attacked, so birds killed by cats are likely to be weaker birds or birds who'd have been killed by some other predator.
Yeah, birds have very quick reflexes. Well, those species that are intelligent enough to react at all.
That aspect is rather rare by area in the global context, with Australia being the only really large exception. Where it is relevant, it's properly significant, of course.
Post automatically merged:

And it does seem hypocritical to imprison our carnivorous cats to prevent them from quickly killing and eating birds
When talking about house cats, they often have the tendency to only play with and kill the birds. Their drive makes them do it, but who wants to deal with eating feathers, who isn't that hungry.

These days when I wear my leather jacket I feel sickened. Sickened that I parade around with an animals hide on my shoulders but I didn’t kill the animal myself. Indeed I am much too weak and could never kill a cow so I pay for it to be done for me. I feel like my position in the food chain is precarious and fake actually. If you are going to wear an animals hide you should kill the animal yourself out of respect for the animal.

Reactions: rSl
This one is even bigger if you add the roosters killed for cheap eggs to it. What is even worse is that the chickens are tortured for consumption. At least the birds killed by cats probably were not tortured for months by the cats.
Killing roosters is bad because you don't use them to feed anyone (or do they?). On the plus side, they haven't consumed much food, so no that much impact, and they haven't been tortured for very long.
Although I fear thye don't kill roosters in a compassionately way (if that means anything), so yes torture is probably there as well.
And it does seem hypocritical to imprison our carnivorous cats to prevent them from quickly killing and eating birds while we, a species best suited for a plant-based diet, have birds tortured for months and then killed, all for our consumption.
Now that I think of it... It's likely not only for own consumption. Don't they put chicken in cat's food or dog food too ?

I thought I'd watch a bit of the first video then probably get bored and do something else. What actually ended up happening was me sitting through both videos back to back just to listen to Evalias' voice.

I'm beginning to think that I'm in the wrong job...

Don't tell me. Tell the well fed house cat.
Luckily I have a cat lady living nearby. Though her cats may be vegans, as I saw a cat eating my nuts recently. The nut eating cat was quite picky, only eating the best nuts and leaving the rest alone. Perhaps the key to keeping cats ethically fed lies in the good nuts.

I'm aware. I'm off work after tomorrow. Need some time to relax, before spending Christmas at my mother's.

Back