The Communication Cube

Through trial and error I've worked out that the 1st digit of #$xx is the background colour and the 2nd is the foreground colour. So for a menu item #$4F = a red background and white text.

mk9xHftJ.png

Reminds me somewhat of the proprietary turbo pascal.

There's a reason for that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Pascal#Early_years

Also I learned how to program using Turbo Pascal 7. It wasn't the first programming language that I'd been exposed to, that was Locomotive Basic on my Amstrad CPC464+. It was however the first programming language that I'd made anything worthwhile with.

Me too. Turbo Pascal was the shit. So deterministic. I learned to program with it and filled my "database" high school final program with easter eggs, for fun and to help me test. My teacher got upset. She was shocked that I developed features outside of the spec and told me to take them away. Well, I didn't feel like it and basically opted to get a C instead of A. Whatever. I was already accepted in Uni. Computer programming is creative. Turbo Pascal was a great IDE.

Yeah, I remember too some jokes we played on the programming teacher in high school... It was turbo pascal too. I don't remember which version anymore.

Interesting:

Unlike some other development tools, Turbo Pascal disks had no copy protection. Turbo Pascal came with the "Book License": "You must treat this software just like a book ... [it] may be used by any number of people ... may be freely moved from one computer location to another, so long as there is no possibility of it being used at one location while it's being used at another."[8]

From a preprint server (so not labeled as peer-reviewed):

Title: Autopsy Proven Fatal COVID-19 Vaccine-Induced Myocarditis
Source: https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202307.1198/v1 (original document is also included in this post as PDF)
Conclusion: "The temporal relationship, internal and external consistency seen among cases in this review with known COVID-19 vaccine-induced myocarditis, its pathobiological mechanisms and related excess death, complemented with autopsy confirmation, independent adjudication, and application of the Bradford Hill criteria to the overall epidemiology of vaccine myocarditis, suggests there is a high likelihood of a causal link between COVID-19 vaccines and death from suspected myocarditis in cases where sudden, unexpected death has occurred in a vaccinated person. Urgent investigation is required for the purpose of risk stratification and mitigation in order to reduce the population occurrence of fatal COVID-19 vaccine-induced myocarditis."

Attachments

• preprints202307.1198.v1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
A nice 20min video on finding a good transistor replacement:

I once had issues with a slow optocoupler causing me to sometimes miss the first bit of a MIDI signal. I was thinking I made a programming error until I checked the signal with an oscilloscope and noticed the slow rise.
Probably could have been creative with a capacitor but I replacing the optocoupler with a different model fixed it for me.

current state of legalweed blabla in germany

luckily 'they' will ok 3 plants at home, this can provide a lot more than 25 grams.

I love MIDI. My favorite protocol. RIP Dave Smith.
One of my first projects (so a very long time ago) was developing a MIDI synthesizer that used an FPAA (An FPGA but with analog components). It was never completed.
I wrote the initial firmware for it in C and C++. It was bare metal code running on an ARM processor and it allowed a MIDI controller to operate the system remotely. It also had an LCD showing the controls.
That LCD gave me headaches as I couldn't get it working for a long time. I got a replacement which also didn't work. I wrote so many code to debug, including a software SPI (in case the hardware SPI was failing), but nothing worked.
Turned out both LCD's were broken. My employer said: "Ah, it was worth a shot, I found them in a bin...". So the week before the project ended I received a brand new LCD, completely different brand/type/specs.
Luckily my code to control the LCD had so many features setting up and testing a new LCD type was very easy. I was so happy when I powered it on for the first time, it showed an error message on the LCD indicating some configuration was missing.
The reason I was happy was because it means that my code was working properly (including my hand written font and graphics handling), the LCD worked and it could properly detect issues.

I'm still a fan of MIDI. I still think it's a nice concept. I think the closes thing to this concept I see today is AI, were you could write a compact but understandable instruction and have the computer generate the content for you. It scales nicely and over time the quality improves.
You can run MIDI of the most basic CPU beeping a tune to a complex DAW simulating a full orchestra.

Reactions: rSl
I just put my Pyra, E-Book, the 6000 mah Powerbank and my Notebook on the Scale: 1,18 kg only for this stuff, so i try the next days to be a bit lighter, i mean i can also use the Iphone for taking notes instead of this E-Book, and its also got a Kindle App which gets syncronised to my Bookmarks,
The Pyra is allready in my Backpack, which is whit this stuff i wants to outsource from my pockets 4,8 kg..

so Keys, Swisschamp, Flashlight, Moneypouch, Airpods, Mints and the buff will get fittet in a normal Jeans..

I'm testing out NextCloud, I have an instance running at home. It has potential but I'll have to use it more to see what works and what doesn't. For accessing files via multiple systems at home (including mobile) it appears to work fine.

Back