The Communication Cube

I went ahead and voted in every category in The Game Awards, because I was bored. I feel kinda under qualified to vote, but I assume everyone else is too. I voted for God of War: Ragnarök in every category in which it was nominated, mostly because I want Sony to put it on sale, which they tend to do with Game Awards winners. I don’t feel guilt, but I do feel that I should feel guilt, so that’s something at least.

Here, you can vote too:

Edit: Addendum: Just to be clear, I don’t have very much respect for The Game Awards. There’s some sense that this is the official awards ceremony for the video game industry, and I don’t want that to be the case, because I think the video games industry could put on a much better awards ceremony. First step would be to take away crowd voting. I know it generates word of mouth, but it also destroys legitimacy, as seen above.

Edit 2: I just found out that crowd voting is only weighted 10% into the Game Awards results. This is good, but still not my ideal situation.

Last edited:
There’s a Player’s Voice award at The Game Awards that I don’t have a problem with. I just wish they’d keep the players out of the main awards. The third round of voting is underway, and the field has been whittled down from 30 games to five. The finalists are:
Sonic Frontiers
Elden Ring
Genshin Impact
God of War: Ragnarök
Stray

You can vote in Player’s Voice here:

Guys, this may not surprise you at all, but I am going to watch The Game Awards, which start in about fifteen minutes. I’ll let you know if Microsoft finally buys Nintendo or whatever.

Reactions: rSl
So, my meds knocked me out halfway through the awards, but I looked up the important parts.

Game of the Year: Elden Ring
Player’s Voice: Genshin Impact
Stagecrasher: Arrested

Preorders went live for Final Fantasy XVI today, and all I can think is what is the point of preordering something six months early, except maybe to give the preorder as a gift this holiday, which still seems weird? I mean, I think I finally understand living in the moment. This is definitely something no one should be thinking about right now. Maybe grab the preorder within a month of release though, in order to get the bonuses.

• Wow
Twitter is relaunching its subscription service tomorrow. I think I’ll subscribe since you guys keep telling me to go to Twitter.

• Sad

I thought Twitter would relaunch subscriptions at midnight Pacific, but apparently not. They need to hurry up before I change my mind about giving them money.

The Atlantic called Elon Musk a far right activist. I wouldn’t say that, but he does have a problem. The Left evolved their position on free speech to match changing environmental conditions, and Musk’s position on free speech should evolve too, instead of being stuck in the nineties.

The Atlantic called Elon Musk a far right activist. I wouldn’t say that, but he does have a problem. The Left evolved their position on free speech to match changing environmental conditions, and Musk’s position on free speech should evolve too, instead of being stuck in the nineties.
Elon's point was that you can't learn from each other if you block all the people you don't like. Free speech is the basis of a free society. Not having Twitter promote a specific ideology should be a good thing, whatever that ideology is, especially since it's a world wide platform.
"When in doubt let the tweet exist", and if it's controversial just not promote it. "A good sign as to whether there's free speech is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like": Source
While Twitter was blocking everyone and everything they didn't like, and the blocked opinions are actually shared by a lot of people. You could state: most people should understand why 'my' ideology is best. But maybe there isn't a single good ideology.

I just did 150 squats on a squat machine. Not all at once, mind you. My legs were jelly for the first few minutes after I finished though.

I now realize you probably aren’t supposed to do 150, but staff told me the other fat guy here did 200, so I was trying hard to match him. Guess I couldn’t.

Not sure this belongs here or on the absurdism corner...

According to reuters, North Korean spies have developed a new sophisticated technique to exfiltrate information from western experts: just ask nicely.

"For us as defenders, it's really, really hard to stop these emails," he said, adding that in most cases it comes down to the recipient being able to figure it out.
In other words, if users are stupid what do you want me to do?

Social engineering is older than the wheel, but to paint as news that spies may lie and deceive... well, slow week or something.

Not sure this belongs here or on the absurdism corner...

According to reuters, North Korean spies have developed a new sophisticated technique to exfiltrate information from western experts: just ask nicely.

In other words, if users are stupid what do you want me to do?

Social engineering is older than the wheel, but to paint as news that spies may lie and deceive... well, slow week or something.
Yeah. Filler fodder. Would have been more interesting if they reported about the 10th day of Mongolians protesting against it's corrupt government officials at -25 degrees Celsius. (-13 Fahrenheit). It's like a German protest, where you glue your hand to the pavement, but in this case, you just don't move for an hour and you are frozen to the ground.

Last edited:
Back