The Communication Cube

RIP my free time.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
There’s a Fire Weather Watch here tomorrow. Everyone knows fire-cooked pizza is the best, but let’s hope it doesn’t get burnt.

Edit: You know, this kind of reminds me of last year when smoke was traveling all the way from the Pacific Northwest to the Carolinas. Hopefully we don’t go through that again.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I thought it'd be safe to watch the following video what with Peony being asleep (or so I thought). But a short while after I started watching it a "mystery" voice exclaimed, I HOPE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT WHAT I THINK YOU'RE LOOKING AT.

• Wow
That Fire Weather Watch just got upgraded to a Red Flag Warning for my area, for the next nine hours. I’ll let you know if the fire comes for me.

• Wow
if the fire comes for me.

brockham-bonfire-DSC04406.jpg

From site:

Our Mission

We want to make the web more privacy friendly while also making it less "bloated", by which we mean that we want to remove all the unnecessary gunk that increases loading times. We also believe that most websites shouldn't require JavaScript to run. We create frontends to other websites that could use a simplified interface.

Oh no...

Info on the two combatants:

Cool, at least in Linux, you can use Pyra GBC.Emu Screenshots as Desktop Background ^^ I have now something from Super Mario Land DX, ..
Ditnt work on my Work Place Windows 10 PC, but maybe i just have to put it in gimp and change the Ending..

From site:

Our Mission

We want to make the web more privacy friendly while also making it less "bloated", by which we mean that we want to remove all the unnecessary gunk that increases loading times. We also believe that most websites shouldn't require JavaScript to run. We create frontends to other websites that could use a simplified interface.
How about just making it work on my phone. Most sites are almost illegible and unnavigable. including this one.

I don't have much difficulty with this site, apart from a small notice at the top of the page (which I can scroll past, take note others that use sticky notices) because I have turned off javascript.

I'll describe my issue in hopes of someone knowing a solution. It seems to be getting worse and is extremely annoying.

Starting from the new posts page I'll click to open the topics I'm interested in in new tabs, without switching to them. I've always read forums this way, nice and orderly. But now most of the threads (not all) are scrolled completely to the bottom, beyond the last post. So I have to scroll up to visually find the last post I read. It's an annoying repetitive task. I feel like a real muppet. Like, I work for the computer not the other way round. I use Firefox on Android. Chrome is even worse because the fonts are illegible and the zooming is retarded. It's probably related to a setting but I don't know which one. Any ideas appreciated, other than get an iPhone (which I should have done).

Maybe I'm grumpy and old but the tech landscape seems to not be on stable footing. There's a lot of software that seems to have lost the plot. Like messaging apps that don't reliably send messages, calendars that fail to notify you of events, phones that suck at phoning, illegible and innavigable websites...

I'll describe my issue in hopes of someone knowing a solution. It seems to be getting worse and is extremely annoying.

Starting from the new posts page I'll click to open the topics I'm interested in in new tabs, without switching to them. I've always read forums this way, nice and orderly. But now most of the threads (not all) are scrolled completely to the bottom, beyond the last post. So I have to scroll up to visually find the last post I read. It's an annoying repetitive task. I feel like a real muppet. Like, I work for the computer not the other way round. I use Firefox on Android. Chrome is even worse because the fonts are illegible and the zooming is retarded. It's probably related to a setting but I don't know which one. Any ideas appreciated, other than get an iPhone (which I should have done).

Maybe I'm grumpy and old but the tech landscape seems to not be on stable footing. There's a lot of software that seems to have lost the plot. Like messaging apps that don't reliably send messages, calendars that fail to notify you of events, phones that suck at phoning, illegible and innavigable websites...
It almost feels like a generation of people didn't understand that basics should work, and they add frivolous features.
Sony, Apple and some other tech companies are working on making cars. I can only imagine how annoying these first models will be compared to a simple gasoline driven car, forgetting the purpose of a car.
Those cars probably require you to login first via internet, else they wont work, and support will be dropped after a few years so the car is worthless. Just like with smartphones.

Back