The Communication Cube

I was reading up on GameStop, and this video explains it very well:

New Game Plus Expo is back, three months earlier than last year.

I remember wanting Disgaea 6 and Etrian Odyssey last year, and getting nothing of consequence except Ys IX. Well, Disgaea 6 has been announced since then, so hopefully it's here this time. No Atlus this time though, so still no Etrian Odyssey.

Reactions: rSl
Two years ago or something like that I wanted to try trackball. Got me an ELECOM HUGE. Had read in a review that it only became a smooth roller after some use and of course that you have to clean it regularly. Did clean - maybe not that often -, but smooth wasn't in its dictionary.
Now, I'm not very fond of having fats and oils on plastic parts I interact with - like kb, mouse, remotes, trackballs. But, today I thought what the heck and put silicone oil on my trackballs bearings. Should have done that years ago!!

So, I don't know, if silicone oil is the best choice, but if your trackball doesn't agree with you, oil up that sucker. :)

I don't know, if silicone oil is the best choice,
I just acquired an Engineer SS-02 solder sucker but had previously read that the internal chamber should be sprayed with lithium grease before use to prevent clogging. Someone else also suggested silicone grease. I have both but unsure which makes most sense to use for this application (temperature, dynamic loads) ... Any suggestions?

I just acquired an Engineer SS-02 solder sucker but had previously read that the internal chamber should be sprayed with lithium grease before use to prevent clogging.

I'm afraid I don't have a suggestion to offer, but in other news I've just discovered that my brain can make anything sound sexual even when it's not meant to be.

I'm not sure it matters for situations like that where heat flashes are only likely to be momentary. Silicone oil is useful for it's non flammability if you need a runny substance, verusus older hydrocarbon oils, but as far as I know greases are basically specific soaps, so non flammable as well, it's just more useful when you need something that won't run out of any gaps. If you've actually got a silicone grease that's not runny I've never come across that before. For a mostly enclosed chamber it probably doesn't matter unless the oil you use is extremely runny.

I'm not sure it matters for situations like that where heat flashes are only likely to be momentary. Silicone oil is useful for it's non flammability if you need a runny substance, verusus older hydrocarbon oils, but as far as I know greases are basically specific soaps, so non flammable as well, it's just more useful when you need something that won't run out of any gaps. If you've actually got a silicone grease that's not runny I've never come across that before. For a mostly enclosed chamber it probably doesn't matter unless the oil you use is extremely runny.
Right! I haven’t tested the silicone one yet but it’s a specific WD40 can (as opposed to the standard, silicone-free WD40). I have previously used the WD40 white lithium grease on my bike and it was quite soapy.

Edit: just read a couple of interesting breakdowns by usage/safety of each product type:

Another couple of sources:

I think I’ll go with PTFE!

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Playtonic said:
Why did you decide to become a publisher?

You wouldn’t believe the amount of hidden gems out there that are left unearthed! We’re making it our mission to bring interesting games that tickle our fancy to the surface and get the love and attention they deserve. We’ve been digging around and speaking with developers from all over the world and there’s a massive wad of fantastic projects brimming with potential.

We’re keen to help talented studios focus on game development, while our newly formed publishing team handle the other bits. Don’t worry, all our devs (like Steve, Kev, Daley, et al) are still working on… whoops, almost had us there!

Stay tuned for future announcements by following Playtonic Friends on Twitter.

I translated that as, we're not very good at making games so instead of doing that we're going to leech off've the people that are.

Back