The Communication Cube

That video made me feel numb, like when I saw jeEylsXjdSI

When a couple of guys who were up to no good,
Started dropping bombs in my neighborhood.
I got in one little firefight and my mom got scared,
And said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

When a couple of guys who were up to no good,
Started dropping bombs in my neighborhood.
I got in one little firefight and my mom got scared,
And said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

index.jpg

I still use an MP3 player, take pen and paper notes, and tell the time using a mechanical (pocket) watch because reasons. One thing I don't miss is having to use a cable to connect my headphones to stuff, because it always used to get caught on everything within a several metre radius.

Reactions: rSl
Bluetooth headphones have batteries in the that keep needing to be recharged, and have a limited lifespan. Mind you, any modern over or on ear headphones I've bought the foam's started to degrade after a couple of years anyway. It's not like those headphones you bought in the 70s that we were still rocking through the 80s, even if they did get a little crusty. And concerning in ear headphones the cable always fails after a year or two and turns out to have been made out of damp string all along when you try to repair it.

I used a dedicated Mp3 Player up to the time when i had my first Smartphones (Xperia Play and Galaxie Note 2) there where from Mp3 Walkman up to several Ipod Nanos (2 gen, 5 gen (the tiny whit the Clip) and the last gen, and finaly the Touch)
But as the Ipod Touch is just a Iphone whitout Modem i decided to buy my first Iphone and now im using my Iphone XR the most time as Mp3 Player ..

For antique Technik im using every day: although i could take notes on the Iphone, i carry a real Paper Notebook and a Pen in my Pandora Pocket because its lot faster, and im a big fan of the Gameboy, so i bought the Retrosix IPS GBA SP and play lots of old GB Games on it..

Oh and another outdated tech; im still using a Xbox One X, which is quite Vintage now..

Bluetooth headphones have batteries in the that keep needing to be recharged, and have a limited lifespan. Mind you, any modern over or on ear headphones I've bought the foam's started to degrade after a couple of years anyway.

Having to charge things doesn't bother me + some headphones use easily replaceable battery packs like my Sennheiser MM500-X ones. The ear pads have been holding up fine on them, same as with my Mixcdr Ghost ones, I don't use them every day though.

Im using Airpods for every day, powerbeats pro for sport, and i also carry of cable Sennheiser s whit me and a Iphone Adapter: if the True Wireless where out of Batterie i can still use the Sennheiser..
But as i even carry a small powerbank, i dont think the Airpods will get empty that fast.. so i have the Cable Headphones for Pandora or other non Bluetooth Handheld

Today I started watching Fear the Walking Death, because the original TWD is still at Session 9 on Netflix, and it will get new sessions end of next year..
so let’s found out what happens on the beginning of the Walker Apocalypse, and it’s quite interesting to see how everything went to the point where the original series starts..
also in the same time when the patch work family have his adventures, somewhere else there must be the clinic where Rick Grimes is laying in coma and somewhere else, there have to be the Gouverneur and Negan ^^
And Herschel on his farm and his daughters , but they are all just normal people, because the apocalypse is just to get started..
FTWD is not bad, although it’s lacks some of the Bad Ass characters from the original series, like Michonne and others..

The only issue I have now is that I project some of the issues on our real pandemic whe have ..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Aw man, I'm still really interested in that one near death experience I linked way back in this thread. The person made another reddit post, sharing two more experiences.

Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NDE/comments/jvqchs/my_linked_ste_and_nde_1992_2003/

That NDE where they view themselves choosing their life is really beautiful. It's too bad that they say they fear they're losing their ability to communicate.

It's occurred to me while reading some comments on Sandi's NDE that it's very rude for people who haven't had NDEs to be skeptical of them. It's like someone who isn't a doctor arguing about medicine with someone who is.

Basically someone quoted the part that explains why suffering is necessary, and a ton of people came back with "suffering isn't necessary". Most NDEs claim that everything that happens in the universe is necessary though, not just Sandi's.

I mean, even science claims that suffering is necessary. The way our brains work is that if we get too much sustained happiness, our threshold for happiness rises so that we receive less. It's how people who live better than the kings of old can still be unhappy. Evolution trained us to never be satisfied, no matter how good our lives are.

I mean, I used to read a blog that mused about this too. Even if we overrode our brain's anti-satisfaction system, what purpose would it ultimately serve? Basically all human progress would cease and we'd die out.

It actually makes me wonder how all the non-suffering worlds that Sandi says to exist work. What drives them to stay alive? Maybe watching us?

Reactions: rSl
I thought of a good analogy and felt like sharing it for some reason.

Happiness is like speed. It doesn't matter what your speed is, you can only feel it if you're accelerating or decelerating.

I mean, it's something that would probably help people to keep in mind, since they're constantly concerned about other people's speed being either too high or too low.

Back