The Communication Cube

That's a lot of dedication to a silly app from a worthless junkfood disposal company. Especially the parts where "a lump formed in his throat" and he "started to freak out" and his "hands were shaking".

Evertything is worth recording, whether it seems important or not. E.g. seemingly mundane things like shopping lists, because they tell us what people ate in that particular era and the prices of items.

Last edited:
May future generations know that we became deeply emotional over the advertisements of our junkfood corporations.

This is the best unboxing video that I have ever seen. I wish that Jim Butterfield was here to unbox the Pyra when it comes out.

Nope this is the best. :p

Also in other news. While I was looking for unboxing videos I (re)stumbled across MissHannahMinx's YouTube channel. The videos are meant to teach you Japanese words, but all I learned from them back in the day was that I'm definitely not gay.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Jim Butterfield
LOL: "In here is a C64 users guide, that's a very usefull book. You'll need that. Don't throw it away." *proceeds to thow it away*

WHOA! Unboxing is also Opening up the CBM! noice! Try that with an apple phone! *chuckles*

1h04m Wait... according to the propaganda, the C64 is useful for shopping!
So they show the modem hardware... and just that (probably a not working prototype?)... so that's how they dodge the bullet.

1h12m This is loooong... and a bit boring. Even through I'm a C64-fanboi.

He's also omitting things (thank God, or the video would be 3 hours long).. using a machine-language monitor and not showing the origin (software or cartridge)

1h26m He said Artificial Intelligence! That's so 2019!

1h40m hahaha "It sounds a bit brassy" - not! Ooh! ADSR....

2h00m Games! They are now talking about games! Only the last 7 minutes! So it's not that important... *shouts: Ghostbusters!*
wow factor: The creator of the Ghostbusters game playing ghostbusters. *writes down account number: 43354434*

It ended! Now have to go shaving, because my beard grew while watching.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Evertything is worth recording, whether it seems important or not. E.g. seemingly mundane things like shopping lists, because they tell us what people ate in that particular era and the prices of items.
I'd say that shopping lists from the 1950s are more important than this tat, but maybe I'm just showing my beliefs there.

LOL: "In here is a C64 users guide, that's a very usefull book. You'll need that. Don't throw it away." *proceeds to thow it away*

WHOA! Unboxing is also Opening up the CBM! noice! Try that with an apple phone! *chuckles*

1h04m Wait... according to the propaganda, the C64 is useful for shopping!
So they show the modem hardware... and just that (probably a not working prototype?)... so that's how they dodge the bullet.

1h12m This is loooong... and a bit boring. Even through I'm a C64-fanboi.

He's also ommiting things.. using a machine-language monitor and not showing the origin (software or cartridge)
You must be used to the kind of unboxing video's where they pull what's supposed to be the newest spybrick out of a box and then ramble for a few minutes before the videos finally ends. These video's are all the same and in fact a lot of time could be saved by just showing the same video every year. Hardly anyone would notice because today's spybricks look and function just the same as those of yesteryear and brainless rambling is not exactly an evolving art either. The only difference between the spybricks of today and those of yesteryear is that today's spybrick has not slowed down to a bloatware-induced crawl yet. For that "feature" buyers will have to wait a few mandatory upgrades.

Normally the work of pioneers of a new form of art ends up being overshadowed by the work of those who learned from the pioneers. Pioneering is difficult and puts someone at a significant disadvantage. But Jim Butterfield not only took on the disadvantage of being a pioneer, he took on that disadvantage and then set the golden standard that would stand proud and tall in his field of expertise for decades to come and in fact remains unchallenged to this very day. Jim Butterfield is both the pioneer and the setter of the current golden standard in the field of unboxing video's.

But fine, if you cannot appreciate the true art of unboxing, then maybe you can appreciate this:
She leaves out unimportant things like intelligence, useful information, creativity, and beauty; thus allowing her to condense the video to a worthless pulp of brainless filler that's short enough so that almost anyone who's sufficiently braindead in order to be able to stand her mindless chatter can see it through to the end; even if that someone happens to be burdened with a short attention span and a remarkable lack of appreciation for the true art of unboxing.
Post automatically merged:

Nope this is the best. :p

You are confusing quantity with quality. He does a lot of unboxing but none of those unboxings are done with expertise.

• Haha
You are confusing quantity with quality. He does a lot of unboxing but none of those unboxings are done with expertise.

40wo41.jpg

I'd say that shopping lists from the 1950s are more important than this tat, but maybe I'm just showing my beliefs there.
The interesting thing is not only the list, but also the context. So an apple then might have been cheaper then now, but relative to the pay from then (the "adjusting for inflation" is not enough, you also need the median pay for lower, middle and upper class.).
Then you need to know the apples then had less sugar in them. Just like milk now has more hormones, antibiotics etc in them. And a different taste. Not only due to more shots, different food, less sooth on the grass, different processing method, etc. Then also the cultural part that an apple was considered a candy (after dinner dessert), because there was less junkfood candy available (no creme brullee, unless mom wanted to make it) and even those had less sugar in them.

For me, the ultimate unboxing is done by architects. Here are some of their methods:
The result can be scary (find an ugly mummy). Or fantastic (where a team of architects find a flint for an arrow, and they almost start screaming). Sometimes even against the clock (dig needs to be done before the monsoon rains start; or before the money dries up, like the second dig for Homo Floriensis - it confirmed a settlement).

then maybe you can appreciate this
Zzzzz one full minute of waiting to take out the phone? Pass.

For me, the ultimate unboxing is done by architects. Here are some of their methods:
The result can be scary (find an ugly mummy). Or fantastic (where a team of architects find a flint for an arrow, and they almost start screaming). Sometimes even against the clock (dig needs to be done before the monsoon rains start; or before the money dries up, like the second dig for Homo Floriensis - it confirmed a settlement).
FWIW, those people in that video are called archaeologists, not architects. In simple terms, architects put buildings up, while archaeologists dig them up.

Then you need to know the apples then had less sugar in them. Just like milk now has more hormones, antibiotics etc in them.
In addition to that, milk nowadays gets heated until it becomes about as digestible as plastic is. People used to get some nutrients from milk (in addition to a lot of waste) by drinking it raw but modern milk just fills the body with a lot of waste and does little else besides of course messing it up with the added hormones. Modern pasteurised milk is one of the worst junkfoods one can take probably on par with toxic chemicals such MSG and aspartame.

I would not really compare that with modern fruit which —although ruined to some extend— still is an actual health food that leaves no waste in the body, requires little energy to digest, and still provides a lot of nutrients. Though the best food is probably the wild sweet fruit that nature produces in warm climates.

In addition to that, milk nowadays gets heated until it becomes about as digestible as plastic is. People used to get some nutrients from milk (in addition to a lot of waste) by drinking it raw but modern milk just fills the body with a lot of waste and does little else besides of course messing it up with the added hormones. Modern pasteurised milk is one of the worst junkfoods one can take probably on par with toxic chemicals such MSG and aspartame.
Oh, I thought UHT (Ultra High Temperature) was better for preserving nutrients than Pasteurization (heated longer, at lower temperature than UHT). Will have to dive into that when I have time. Yeah, raw milk is much better. No such thing here, It's illegal to sell it (so you either need a friend or have family in the farmer business)
Post automatically merged:

archaeologists, not architects.
doh! I need to stop posting when half asleep.

HELO, I am website. I want to push notifications in your face. - No, go away.
Hello it is me, website, again! But I strongly recommend you let me push notifications in your face. - No God please stop grabbing my screen space, my attention and requiring me to click stuff

Supremely annoying.

Most types of content blockers can stop that kind of thing happening; I've used noscript and umatrix over the years and never seen what you describe, although it can take a few moments to get normal websites to display properly.

More like "hello this is the website, let me load 3Mb of data... ok I can start showing the content you want to see... oh wait, I need to ask you to set your 'privacy settings' first. Or you can click that 'Allow every tracker' shortcut button. Now back to the conten... oh wait, I think you should allow notifications. No? Even if I add an alert to tell you how nice it is? Ok, fine, here is your cont... oh wait, did I tell you about my newsletter? Look at this full-page blocker popup that tells you about it. Ok, you dismissed it, your loss. Now here is is your cont... oops I need to add this little disclaimer that we use cookies, this will shift the whole page. Just one last thing before I let you see your content: can I get your location? No? Ok, I'll reload the page to take into account this choice.

Oops, looks like I lost the article you wanted to look at when I reloaded. Here is the home page.

I hate that cookies law and I've always hated it since the beginning. During the 90's it became clear that pop-ups are annoying. Now websites are forced by law to be annoying with popups. I think the cookie pop-up law (or whatever it's called) is made by either a troll or a 90-year old geezer who does not know what a computer is and wants to warn us for cookies because cookies are unhealthy.

Back