The Communication Cube

A few hours ago I thought my phone had commited suicide. I had it recharge over night and removed the cable after it was at 100%. I used it a few times over the course of a few hours after that. When I reached for it again, it was off. Only fitting it with a different battery allowed me to restart it. I assume that this 10 months old battery ran into some kind of problem, triggering the protection circuit. The battery says it has three years worth of warranty. I hope this kind of sudden failure is covered. And I'm really glad the phone, a note 3, hasn't failed. The only reason for me to upgrade would be the addition of an acceptable physical keyboard, retaining the near perfect stylus input. I love to be able to take hand-written notes on my home screen/desktop.

The only reason for me to upgrade would be the addition of an acceptable physical keyboard, retaining the near perfect stylus input. I love to be able to take hand-written notes on my home screen/desktop.
You should get a Pyra.

Reactions: rSl
You should get a Pyra.
Is the Pyra's touchscreen a drastic improvement compared to the Pandora's?
The only resistive screen I've tried, that's anywhere near as good as an active digitizer - for handwriting and drawing - is the n900's.

As long as I've been part of this community, and as much as I love the people and the idea, I don't see myself buying a Pyra.
The Pandora filled its niche when I needed it - at a workplace at which I had no control over my machine. Now I have "Narrenfreiheit" at work, and there is no commute and no forced breaks I have to take.
If I'd buy a Pyra, it would happen solely to support the project. Looking at my monthly income, that's not going to happen.

I wouldn't no - have neither the one nor the other.

Maybe @Grench could compare the touch screen to that of the N900. I bet, he's got 'em all. :)

Sorry, but the N900 is a device I have never owned.
I have all sorts of Palm OS devices (TRG pro, Garmin Palm OS GPS, Palm W, Tapwave Zodiac). Pandora, Pyra prototype, Planet Computers Gemini and Cosmo, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and 3 and 12.2, LG V35, Acer Spin 13. That is about it - which seems like a lot to me. More toys than I have time to play with. I'm spoiled.

The touchscreen using stylus on the Pyra is very good. I would put it better than the Pandora's, not as good as the active pens on the Samsung GN series (I wouldn't expect it to be either). Note I specified using the stylus. It has a stylus. I don't think I've ever stabbed my actual fingers at the screen - I always use either the nubs as mouse or the stylus.

Planet Computers Gemini and Cosmo
The keyboard on those looks like something I'd like to use. Although I'd want it to open to 180° and lay flat on the table, while having stylus input.
The Onemix Yoga models look like they could do that. But their keyboards don't look too promising, and they're a bit bulky and not able to replace a phone.

The keyboard on those looks like something I'd like to use. Although I'd want it to open to 180° and lay flat on the table, while having stylus input.
The Onemix Yoga models look like they could do that. But their keyboards don't look too promising, and they're a bit bulky and not able to replace a phone.

My Planet Computers Cosmo is my daily driver phone, email, etc. tool. I can touch type fairly well on the keyboard even though I have fat fingers. It is -not- the same as a 'real keyboard'. I can hit 120+wpm on my Vortex Race3 keyboards, but do around 60-75 on the Cosmo. Slower, but not so slow as to be frustrating. Phone on-screen keyboards frustrate the hell out of me.

I had a pretty weird dream about the nature of reality last night. In my dream, time in Heaven ran in the opposite direction of time on Earth. The reason we come down here is because we have to in order to stay immortal. If you stayed in Heaven too long, you would end up hitting the point where you were created and no longer exist. To simplify it, it's kinda like having two escalators running in opposite directions. In order to stay on the escalators forever, you'd have to keep switching between the two.

Just saw a video in another thread that mentioned an article that says a backwards parallel reality may be real.

There's a limit to how much I'll believe based on authority alone before I need to see evidence and this parallel universe nonsense passes far beyond that level.

Last edited:
After I fixed a flat tire, I dit a test tour today, not long just a bit, and seems like it’s works ^^
cadf7c3fac63e29f72a8c97c1c4085b5.jpg

Whit best regards, Matthias

Back