The Communication Cube

According to wikipedia it should have the notes of the C major chord repeated by blowing through to holes, and have all the missing notes from the major scale when you suck. And like you say pushing the key/lever in raises everything by a semitone, making it d-flat major. The main use for that in pop music in c major is that you can start out a semitone above the note and bend down to the right note using the button I think, but I'm no harmonica player.

Reactions: rSl
Today I tried talking to the person in charge of my finances about preordering Pyra, since my bank account is full of money again, and they previously said I could buy myself something nice for Christmas. Um, after hearing the numbers though, they want me to talk to someone higher up, which I will be doing around 100 minutes from this post. Any advice?

I think I still have 160 euros in Dragonbox Shop vouchers, so that should soften the blow a bit. I only need 370 euros or so more, that should be under $500. For reference, I've got like $2300 in my bank account, and it's supposed to stay under $3000 to keep me on Medicaid, I think.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty confused about my bank account limit after looking it up. I'll have to ask someone around here later. I do know they want me to spend some money soon.

Last edited:
The higher up person I talked to said there shouldn't be any reason why I can't get a Pyra. Now I have to wait for everything to get set up.

The main reason I met with that higher up person was to go to an appointment to schedule my gallbladder removal. I asked about the Pyra before all that, so hopefully they didn't forget after attending the whole appointment and everything. Probably should've reminded them after we got out.

Edit: Just called them. They said they would be emailing my finance person. So yeah, hopefully I can place that preorder sometime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
@matzesu What I think FBnil is saying: "it's old and made by a renowned quality brand".
This device holds sentimental value for you. It's your grandpa's. I wouldn't give it away personally.

--

Today I learned about light pens and light guns.

--

And this poor thing had a rough day.
yoga_screen.jpg
I keep telling people. Be careful where you place your mouse or power brick in a laptop bag. Make sure nothing can apply punctual pressure on the lid.

Last edited:
@matzesu What @kuru says is right. All new things are made for short life spans. In the past, you bought a fridge for life and a kitchen for life. Now, they last about 10 maybe 20 years and they are used up.
That cheap 16€ thingy does not live up to the quality of that harmonica. Old does not mean bad.

I don't know whether fridges have always lasted that long, at least since the invention of the icebox. Always the rubber around the seal of those or around the whole door fails eventually, although these days it's often the pump making excessive noise that causes old fridges for be chucked, so those have definitely been built to a price. But yeah, old mixers or old gas cookers, or indeed old harmonicas; very little to go wrong.

I don't know whether fridges have always lasted that long, at least since the invention of the icebox. Always the rubber around the seal of those or around the whole door fails eventually, although these days it's often the pump making excessive noise that causes old fridges for be chucked, so those have definitely been built to a price. But yeah, old mixers or old gas cookers, or indeed old harmonicas; very little to go wrong.
In the DDR (or GDR) repair was a thing. Of everything there weren't too many models around and getting replacement parts was a thing. That's something to miss.

So, um, today I was talking to that higher up person again, and they asked me if the finance person had helped me order the Pyra yet. Not yet, but hopefully this means I can talk to them about it this week and get it done. Probably Wednesday, since that's the day I usually have scheduled for finances. They do handle finances for like fourteen other people.

Yeah, sorry about posting so much. I just feel like it helps make things happen.

I had a pretty weird dream about the nature of reality last night. In my dream, time in Heaven ran in the opposite direction of time on Earth. The reason we come down here is because we have to in order to stay immortal. If you stayed in Heaven too long, you would end up hitting the point where you were created and no longer exist. To simplify it, it's kinda like having two escalators running in opposite directions. In order to stay on the escalators forever, you'd have to keep switching between the two.

Yeah, this is what happens to your dreams when you read near death experience accounts on the internet all day.

Back