The Communication Cube

I finally have all cables and tried to setup my rPi and the one thing I primarily bought it for just doesn't want to work: Watching Netflix.

At first I tried it in Raspbian. Chromium doesn't support it. Tried a few of the hacky workarounds in the web and not one of those worked.
Installed Firefox from Raspbian's repo, version too old, doesn't work for Netflix.
Installed LibreElec instead of Raspbian, found a Netflix addon, installed it successfully in Kodi, started it, successfully connects to account, can choose one of my profiles then all I get is a list consisting of

search
exported

Nothing more, no shows to add, nada.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

I managed to find a method that works in this post:

I also managed to pair my 8bitdo BlueTooth gamepad, the next problem is, that I was able to install emulators in Kodi, but with the exception of ScummVM and Vice not one of them is listed in the main menu or will start when chosen directly...
It also doesn't recognize my 4TB HDD via the Dock, just the 2TB ones, which is bad, since I planned on using it to watch DVDs I stored on my HDDs.

I try to send the rPI4B back, I have never encountered so many problems with any other system.
It won't recognize my 4TB HDD via the dock, just 2TB from the same brand.
It took me the whole day to make Netflix work (only works in LibreELEC with a lot of fiddling) and then most of the emulators simply won't work, so you'd need Lakka for that.
In the end I would have to have SD cards with three different OSes: Lakka for emulation, Kodi for Netflix, Raspbian for surfing and file management.
I'd rather get a MintBox Mini 2.

Last edited:
My experience was similar. Those little things are no daily drivers.

Make sure to have a look at Atomic Pi or the UP! board, LattePanda, Odroid-H2, maybe even UDOO bolt.
Or... slap a Ryzen APU and some RAM in a DeskMini case and have a proper little computer.

Last edited:
Today whe transport my inheritance from my Grandpa to my place,
A cool old office desk. , this is now my Setup,
At the moment whit the GPD Win as Work PC, but only until the Pyra
5b0f6fdb9ee424bbaa7f02a6b2fda310.jpg

That's a nice height when your getup is in the loft. I'm wondering now if those stuck out legs go beyond the extent of the worksurface. If they line up I could excuse them but otherwise it must have been a throw-back when it was first made. And I'm not a fan myself of those clattery drawer handles, but those at least do fit the design.

Also, I feel I must find out what's on those CDs stuck down at the back.

Reactions: rSl
Well I think when this desk was made, it’s wasn’t meant to hold a Computer,
I think if I bought I Desk it would be a bit diverent, but at least it’s big enough to also hold my Printer,
The Screen wasn’t also not meant to be a PC Screen, it’s just a small TV..
the I can’t make anything against these Drawers..

I think it’s needs some optimization but I’m happy to have this thing now on 1st Floor and my PC Setup is ready

Only the GPD Win still needs some time as it’s update

Yeah, old desks are built to proper dimensions. Modern flat pack desks are often built slightly smaller which was a pain when desktop computers were still king and designed to be put on desks, because you then couldn't fit a proper keyboard in front.

Last edited:
Good thing is: my Work PC on this Desk will be the Size of a DS, and my Keyboard fits pretty good,
The only thing I have to say is that my knees doesn’t fit until I put my Office Shear pretty low..

New games con in Rotterdam, Netherlands. More than 20.000 people in 3 days, but still empty (I did not know it was being held; bad publicity):

I also got as Inheritance a Chromathic Harmonica, which is also pretty cool but i think i have to buy a Ebook which tells me how to play this thing
At least this Harmonica wasnt that heavy as this Desk..

Does someone at this boards knows a bit about the Harmonika I also found in my „new“ Desk??
It’s says Hohner Chromonika II, and it’s in C,
I know it’s a Chromatic Harmonica, but maybe someone’s can say something more about it..
II allready own 2 Harmonikas, but this where non chromatic..

858d5057ca0f5c4e473d92704f022b29.jpg

I had that model some years ago. Afaik it's a C harmonica with a lever that transposes everything by a half step upwards.

That is something I also figured out, but it’s it useful?
I don’t want to sell the harmonica even if a new one get sell at about 150 € , would be cool to meet Horst Lichter at „Bares für Rares“ but it’s also a reminder on my Grandpa,
He didn’t play on this thing, but I know his brother was a Harmonica Player at Hobby..

I brought some sound out of the Harmonica, so this means it’s still works :)

Back