The Communication Cube

So near and yet so far away. It turns out that I am going to go with a Linux distro after all, but I can't decide which one out of TinyCore, antiX or SliTaz.

From what I understand from googling those three terms together, you're looking for a Linux distro small enough to run from RAM. I also now understand that there is one called Puppy Linux that you are not considering. Which leads me to my question...

@Cerbera Why do you hate puppies?

60531623_2193120270998167_4673911577626279936_n.png

What an unconscionable idea!

It would be far more ethical to put them on the top of the organ donor register, so they can bring some real benefit to the world. For starters, each could lose about five litres of blood without undue discomfort.

I've been trying out a piece of writing software called FocusWriter, I'm finding the lack of distracting elements to be useful in stopping me from procrastinating quite so much.

You can also make your own custom themes. (Theme file attached, unzip then import using in-app theme import option)

Any resemblance to Commodore Basic is totally coincidental. ;)

Attachments

• notbasic.zip
    478 bytes · Views: 338
As a tech person, sometimes you need some management skills to put into words why you would or would not hire a person. A good read.
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2006/10/25/the-guerrilla-guide-to-interviewing-version-30/

Using KeepassX to fill in data
I also implemented a quick hack at work. I was forced to fill in tons of forms (removal requests for old SAN storage). The SendKeys() from powershell 1 are too unreliable to work with (PowerShell3 rocks though). So after they took out automation tools (AutoIT3, xdotool, iMacros/CBA) all that was left was keepassX, which unfortunately, is broken due to not being able to press control/alt keys. (but cursors/pgdn/tab etc works; but had to look in the sourcecode because of lack of documentation. While Keepass and KeepassXC are so well documented). So with a few entries and a perl script that transformed my data into keepass keystrokes, it now works reasonably well (for real mass updates, there is the xml import function one could use)

Also found a read to check out evtest to test out my keys on my new keyboard (got me one of those fancy light giving thingies, ideal for typing in the dark). I have keys I did not know (for example KEY_ZENKAKUHANKAKU) now for how to generate these (there is something to go into hira/katakana mode KEY_KATAKANAHIRAGANA). But while I have song buttons (play,volume,next), I do not know where KEY_EJECTCD is... and if it is mapped to that action in Linux.

There's tons more you can do with a keyboard:

Last edited:
For those who don't like to listen to half an hour of rambling:
https://www.netmanners.com/264/why-was-netiquette-invented/

Original document:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

In the past, the population of people using the Internet had "grown up" with the Internet, were technically minded, and understood the nature of the transport and the protocols. Today, the community of Internet users includes people who are new to the environment. These "Newbies" are unfamiliar with the culture and don't need to know about transport and protocols.
This was written in 1995.

Apparently, there's a whole family in Brazil where every member has 12 fully functional fingers, I'm a bit envious.
Imagine the possibilities, of course at least one plays guitar, one finger for every string, that's pretty awesome.
And one of the girls plays piano.

That does only work when I remove my tin foil hat, not gonna do that.
Thumbs man... you can do a double thumbs up, scratch both your nose holes at once, toss two coins up...

And use two controllers simultaneously :) Okay, you win ;)

And yes, the tin foil hat must remain on at all times.

Back