The Communication Cube

Member Statistics
  • Total Members

tumblr_lwhv2roIab1qd47jqo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Member Statistics
  • Total Members

tumblr_lwhv2roIab1qd47jqo1_500.gif
This was already posted in another thread when we hit 9001.  You also didn't name our special memeber (was a typo, left it in because it is fitting).  We could do this for every new member now...

Now to check those links.
Edit:  So these "cartridge" things that "each come loaded with a different game" don't actually have the game stored on the "cartridge"?  I can see people who like having physical things liking these, especially those that are fond of the idea of carts, and if they can be traded/sold/borrowed/shared it is better than giving someone your account info to play a game, but they really aren't changing or fixing anything.  You still buy the game from them, install their special software, and let it call home to play the game. I don't like that at all.  At least with some Android games I don't need to be online to play.  Not really a retro idea there.
Edit again:  I like the older guy in the pic at the bottom.

Goodbye, freedom of speech.

A bit late for that.  I will have to watch the videos later, but I know that we haven't really had free speech in my country during my life, or at least not consistently.
Well, you are living under martial law since the "patriot act" and it wasn't much better before, that's probably true.

The hunt for people that oppose the refugee stream goes further than what I've posted here, Angela Merkel had a meeting with Mark Zuckerberg and they agreed to censor and hunt down people with the "wrong opinion" on Facebook as well, brave new world...

It is an interesting discussion, whether freedom of speech should be limitless, but in Germany it never was. In the end it is not easily possible for more than one basic right to be limitless, in Germany it seems (IANAL) a person's inviolability is ranked higher than free speech, e.g. making slander indictable (and interestingly even a valid reason for self defense).

NB: There really doesn't seem to be a legally acceptable way right now for Germany to deny any refugee coming by southern and eastern routes the chance to ask for asylum. And it isn't even a part of the law that could easily be changed (in any significant way). Further the current situation is totally home made, it could have easily been managed much better with a much smaller number of refugees coming to Germany, if someone had cared about this in 2013/2014 (but as always nobody did, besides some pro refugee organizations and the subordinated federal and state offices). Now after the problem has been festering for around 5 years (publicly available predictions have turned out pretty accurate, at least concerning the order of magnitude which is all that is relevant here), it's simply too late and Germany will have to shoulder the consequences (or break down trying, just like Greece, Hungary, Austria, Italy, and Malta already did). Actually I'm more sorry for Sweden than Germany and somewhat disappointed by our other baltic friends. The UK acts as expected.

NB: There really doesn't seem to be a legally acceptable way right now for Germany to deny any refugee coming by southern and eastern routes the chance to ask for asylum. And it isn't even a part of the law that could easily be changed (in any significant way). Further the current situation is totally home made, it could have easily been managed much better with a much smaller number of refugees coming to Germany, if someone had cared about this in 2013/2014 (but as always nobody did, besides some pro refugee organizations and the subordinated federal and state offices). Now after the problem has been festering for around 5 years (publicly available predictions have turned out pretty accurate, at least concerning the order of magnitude which is all that is relevant here), it's simply too late and Germany will have to shoulder the consequences (or break down trying, just like Greece, Hungary, Austria, Italy, and Malta already did). Actually I'm more sorry for Sweden than Germany and somewhat disappointed by our other baltic friends. The UK acts as expected.

I thought the UN is there to shoulder problems together?

If Germany has to pay great amounts of money (although it is already too deep indebted for decades to be able to ever get out of debt again) when some other countries fail to handle their economics, why aren't the refugees spread all over Europe? Why doesn't every country handle its share rather than channeling them all here?

Nothing seems to have changed since the end of WW2. Even generations afterwards, Germany is still the bumf of the western civilisation.

The next local elections are in March and September and it's so clear, that the nationalists are gaining from this whole catastrophe, that the people in power are doing everything they can right now, to censor anything (see Merkel and Zuckerberg) that may strenghten those, which just shows, that the problem is selfmade and there's desperation because nobody knows how to stop it with honest methods.

Blabla... When refugees are coming, Germany will have to process them according to her laws. It would be nice if other countries were helping, but currently the only existing framework for this ('Dublin') is nonfunctional (i.e. Germany's own courts will not allow deportation to the relevant countries of entry into the Schengen zone, because they cannot guarantee due process - which Germany's laws require; rightfully I'd say). Therefore it has to be attractive for these other countries to help (e.g. money, consent, weapons, whatever). The only relation to the outcome of WWII in all of this is that the allies made sure that (constitutionally) there is no easy way out for Germany. And to repeat: Germany had all the time in the world to prepare. The numbers are public and growing (quasi exponentially) for at least 5 years, push and pull factors have not changed (not least because Germany and her friends were doing nothing), and plenty of options were available (some totally cheap, e.g. talking to all relevant parties before the shit hits the fan, some slightly more expensive, e.g. trying to adequately staff the relevant offices - the BAMF has had more than 100,000 old open cases for years). Germany deserves no pity. And her citizens neither, they knew what they were getting (actually the government was doing nothing - except hoping the situation would solve itself - exactly because refugees are not popular, especially among C?U or more right wing voters). Ironically the first time Mrs. Merkel is actually doing something right that actually is 'alternativlos' her approval ratings are dropping. I'm ashamed of being a German every time I have to hear Mr. Seehofer (who claims to be the voice of reason) or one of his CSU henchmen make another inane (and typically unconstitutional) statement. Fortunately Titanic magazine exists.

Dear diary, today was a good day.

I talked my boss into using F-Droid instead of making an account at Google's store and get to use more OpenSource programs.
He thanked me and said, he should ask me more often about this stuff since he liked the programs he found there.
In addition to that, he want's me to make a dual-boot setup with Linux Mint on his netbook for a while now (accounted for in working hours), because it runs slow as snails with Win7 (he just needs to actually think about not letting it stay at home for once).

MS = 0 , Klumpen = 2

Last edited:
I'm not from Spain but from what I've read on the subject, sexism used to be a very high in Spain (and in the latin culture in general), and things got especially bad when the crisis hit and women were most likely to suffer from it. Then there was a huge movement for women's rights, which made some progress.

I have the impression that the article is taking (if not making up) a few isolated cases of abuses of these new laws (and mix some of them with some more general problems of the spanish law, like the abusive detention, which is unrelated to the whole gender stuff) to try to destroy the whole concept.

Seriously, if women's right were so advanced in Spain, they wouldn't have been short of outlawing abortion a few months ago.

I'm not from Spain but from what I've read on the subject, sexism used to be a very high in Spain (and in the latin culture in general), and things got especially bad when the crisis hit and women were most likely to suffer from it. Then there was a huge movement for women's rights, which made some progress.

I have the impression that the article is taking (if not making up) a few isolated cases of abuses of these new laws (and mix some of them with some more general problems of the spanish law, like the abusive detention, which is unrelated to the whole gender stuff) to try to destroy the whole concept.

Seriously, if women's right were so advanced in Spain, they wouldn't have been short of outlawing abortion a few months ago.

I've heard similar first hand stories from buddies in America and in my town too.
As a man, calling the police because of domestic violence by women is a bad idea in general since it will only give you way more trouble instead of help and that's not even what I meant since arresting the man even if he was the one who called the police in the first place is not really unusual (one of those stories was from a buddy on this board btw).
The payments mentioned in this article are new to me though, the rest is the common stuff where feminism has gone over the top and the usual victimisation of one sex in every case against all evidence and reason.

Yeah, women are still by large more often the victims of domestic abuse. There are many women dying every week because of domestic abuse, and far fewer men. So it's no surprise that the exceptions will be badly handled. And it's a shame.

But it's not a reason to fight against women's right. Saying that laws are going too far and that women have become the oppressor is ignoring what's still happening every day in most places.

Back