The Communication Cube

I had a bit of spare time on my hands so I decided to give my phone os a bit of a redesign.

Screenshot_2015-08-22-09-52-11.pngScreenshot_2015-08-22-09-52-26.pngScreenshot_2015-08-22-10-07-51.png

Phone: Sony Xperia Z

I really should get round to upgrading the os on my phone but I never seem to be able to find the time.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/19507-the-transgender-con-many-transgender-people-regret-switch

Interesting read with valid points.

Sad to see how people who regret having done this stuff are silenced.

The phenomenon also could be analogized to “Body Integrity Identity Disorder” (BIID), the sense that a body part — an arm, leg, etc. — doesn’t belong on your body. As with GD sufferers, those with BIID have strong and persistent feelings that their body doesn’t match their mind, and they likewise desire surgical alteration (amputation). Yet while virtually everyone reflexively assumes that BIID is a psychological problem and that the solution is to change the mind, it’s politically correct with GD to insist that the remedy is to change the body. Is this double standard really driven by medical imperatives — or political ones?
Reminds me of my old boss' neighbour who actually got rid of both legs on purpose because of BIID...

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP

These are the ones I found in my storage room in a box. There's some more in the shed (I think I saw a WaveBird?), but I haven't had time to take go through that stuff.

GAMEBOY LIGHT! GAAAAAAH! *flips table* I've wanted one of those for years still bitter after being outbid on a limited edition one for .25 cents and watching the winner instantly repost it for sale for 300! <_<  Yes this was like 6 years ago but I'm still bitter about it. GAMEBOY LIGHT!!!!!!!

Edit: It appears I jumped the gun... its just a pocket..... Sorry for snaping like a twig there.. just when ever I see a gameboy that looks like a light or is I just get enraged...... :blink:   Not sure if its envy or sheer hatred for the person who outbid me. 

DrHAX, what is it about them that makes you want one?  I don't have one in my collection either, and I am not willing to pay the premium price (if they still go for a lot) to get one.  I would much rather have a TurboExpress, not that they are really in the same price range.  Or are they?

Speaking of ISIS, a lot of Aussies seem to be migrating over to the Middle East to join ISIS. But then, just as quickly as they left Australia...they come crying back to us begging for mercy and telling us that they want to come back as if they didn't do anything wrong, lol.

Speaking of ISIS, a lot of Aussies seem to be migrating over to the Middle East to join ISIS. But then, just as quickly as they left Australia...they come crying back to us begging for mercy and telling us that they want to come back as if they didn't do anything wrong, lol.
ISIS has a branch in every European country too by now, but those are still keeping a low profile.

After I've read in the Quran the first time, I suddenly thought "oh dear, one day they'll actually do the shit that Mohammed ordered them to and that won't be very nice"...

Hopefully someday all the western people will actually begin reading this stuff themselves instead of listening to preachers, so they can actually understand what is really happening.

ISIS has a branch in every European country too by now, but those are still keeping a low profile.

After I've read in the Quran the first time, I suddenly thought "oh dear, one day they'll actually do the shit that Mohammed ordered them to and that won't be very nice"...

Hopefully someday all the western people will actually begin reading this stuff themselves instead of listening to preachers, so they can actually understand what is really happening.
It only takes one crazy person to steal a hydrogen bomb and then WW3 will begin.

I have read some of it.  I cannot comment on what I have read since it was translated to English.  Aside from reading a text in a specified language for religious reasons, by reading it in the original language the reader is more likely to get the precise meaning and a better understanding of what is said.  This is also why I try to consult multiple translations that are highly regarded as being amongst the best/most accurate of certain books.  You can have a correct translation where the words used are technically accurate, but a lot of the meaning is lost, or where the meaning is mostly preserved even if some words are not the best choices.  The problem with both of those is there will be some things missing, and they are merely a best effort attempt.

Regardless of how a religious text says people should act, the people that read it will still make their own choices.  You can have things that preach love and taking care of others, including through self-sacrifice, and still have the "followers" torturing and slaughtering others in massive numbers.

The problem is not religious texts and doctrine, it is organized religion, or organized anything really.  This allows even a small idea to grow, and for even those that don't believe or agree with something to be forced to become a part of a system that can cause large scale death, destruction, opression, and so on.  A single person will usually have a limited impact, but with many people...well, just look at history.  Remember, good ideas of any sort can have a vary bad outcome (beware the Good Idea Fairy).  It is better not to attack, or praise, others because of their beliefs, opinions, etc., or their (apparent to you) similarity to another group, but on what they do as an individual.

So, yes, read it yourselves.

Back