The Communication Cube

Since Germans like to copy anything coming from the US I dread to think what our local ANTIFA will come up with in their fight against the faaar right.
First we'd need to copy their supreme court setup, then we'd need something trump-y, then start dreading.

First we'd need to copy their supreme court setup, then we'd need something trump-y, then start dreading.
There's so many physical attacks on AfD politicians already, with fists batons and hammers. I'd not be surprised if this was a spark for a local escalation.

What's even more important now is the mosquito who has been sucking my blood for the last four days and my mood to commit insecticide right now.
Edit: Finally got the little weasel
Edit: of course she had a friend

Last edited:
There's so many physical attacks on AfD politicians already, with fists batons and hammers. I'd not be surprised if this was a spark for a local escalation.

What's even more important now is the mosquito who has been sucking my blood for the last four days and my mood to commit insecticide right now.
Edit: Finally got the little weasel
Edit: of course she had a friend
Research shows male mosquitos are attracted to humans to; but they won't sting you. The current suggestion is that both sexes are attracted to humans but for different reasons. Females need protein for the eggs and use human blood for this purpose. Males are just hanging around 'the bar' to see if they can hook-up with a ladysquito. So maybe you just killed that mosquitos' lady-friend. Also the male's buzzes at a different frequency (630Hz) while the female has the annoyingly pitched buzz (450Hz). 450Hz is (almost) the note A, the male makes an E, and you made them B-flat.

You are standing on top of a hill and there is a train track going around it. You can see that around the corner the track has been covered by a landslide which will surely derail a train plunging it off a cliff and hundreds of passengers will die. A train is rapidly approaching completely oblivious you try to get it's attention but cannot. Nearby there is a homeless person sitting on a bridge over the track. If you push that person off the bridge the train will surely screech to a halt and hundreds of lives will be saved - but the homeless person will be dead. Do you push the homeless person?

And how did you know that person was homeless, and what on earth would that piece of info have to do with your decision?

You: I could jump off that bridge and stop that train, but wait, there's someone else there I could sacrifice instead! Perfect! Excuse me, do you have a home.......?

In the version i remember it was a fat person not homeless which i thought was a bit mean.....
Post automatically merged:

what on earth would that piece of info have to do with your decision?
Ha ha ha ..

You are standing on top of a hill and there is a train track going around it. You can see that around the corner the track has been covered by a landslide which will surely derail a train plunging it off a cliff and hundreds of passengers will die. A train is rapidly approaching completely oblivious you try to get it's attention but cannot. Nearby there is a homeless person sitting on a bridge over the track. If you push that person off the bridge the train will surely screech to a halt and hundreds of lives will be saved - but the homeless person will be dead. Do you push the homeless person?

Well, I guess if that you is you, you just figure out, the majority of the train passengers might be homeless or insufficiently rich, and just get down the hill, making sure nobody sees you were there watching the problem, so nobody can ever blame you.
Because you know, the vehicle in trouble was a passenger train, not a yacht or private jet or something to worry about. You know that's below you. Literally.
Btw: Did you cause the landslide? (maybe pushing some homeless around or trying to bury some corpse?).

To be honest if that solution was to happen to me I'd probably panic and freeze. I probably wouldn't figure out that throwing someone on the train could help. So I'd just stand there, probably look away as the train fall down and consider that there was nothing I could have done and that they shouldn't have let the train leave the station if there had been a landslide near the tracks.

These kinds of "trolley problems" reduce things to basic utilitarianism exercices which badly apply to real life situations. I've spent some years working with cat shelters. With a utilitarianism approach, such shelters should focus their efforts and resources on healthy young and friendly cats as they are less costly to take care of and most likely to get adopted. So focusing on them would maximise the number of cats the shelter saved.
But you don't do that. You spend a fortune to save that old three-legged cat because you know he won't survive on his own and you feel sorry for him. You take care of the young kittens but also of their older mother because you can't stomach saving them but not her. Forcing yourself to pursue a utilitarianist approach would probably take all the life and joy out of working for the cat shelter.

On a larger scale, like when you're a government and you have to allocate resources, such basic utilitarianism might make more sense: if there's been two disasters and you only have one crew, you'll want to send it where it'll save most people. But even then it's rarely that clear-cut. Sure you can say "we only have one crew, we save as many people as we can and let the rest to die, we have no other options" but most of the time you'll have other options: you can split your crew and/or have other people join the crew, etc.

These kinds of "trolley problems" reduce things to basic utilitarianism exercices which badly apply to real life situations.
Exactly. So they don't serve any useful purpose, and you can only turn them upside down and make fun of them.
Somebody already said that you could jump yourself off the bridge more precisely than you can throw someone else.
But you could do anything from calling authorities, trhowing clothing on the train windscreen from the bridge to catch their attention,
throw branches or sand or mud or whatever there is over the tracks to derail the train without killing others, disable the catenary to cut power to the train, ...
There's an infinity of possibilities left out to make you choose one of two stupid answers, so look for a third even more stupid answer and be done with the quiz.

If you could kill yourself to save a million lives would you do it? There is a guarantee they will be saved and no one will know if you decide not to. The people are a typical mix of homed and homeless. Would you?

Probably not, if it's about a populace that has disproven it's qualification to reign a country by voting terribly. Also, would I be one of the million? And then there's still the trustworthyness of the proposer to be considered. Might be a Hitman set on me.

If you mean a million human lives maybe. If you mean a million lives in general, I don't know. I may already be able to save a million lives by killing myself now, but I don't know how to count the lettuces and carrots and potato plants that will be killed to sustain me from now to the day I die. And all the other lives than my pollution will cause, etc. And I'm not killing myself, so the answer might be no, if the meaning is just a million lives. I seem to care more for humans than potatoes without too much of a good reason.
Edit: And cereals: wow, that's a lot of lives!
Edit2: And bacteria.Let's assume viruses aren't alive for simplicity. How many bacteria do I kill in a day just to stay healthy ? Both in my body with my immune system and in my house by cleaning... I'm a serial killer.

Last edited:
Problems in clouds ground planes.
Radio news say that's happening in Europe also, not only the USA. And Australia, I think.
I've also heard it's not a cyber -attack but a shortage, maybe caused by some security infrastructure gone wrong.
Should we rejoice for the lack of pollution and climate footprint of the hours without flights?
Or they will pick it all up later on ?

Exactly. So they don't serve any useful purpose, and you can only turn them upside down and make fun of them.
Somebody already said that you could jump yourself off the bridge more precisely than you can throw someone else.
But you could do anything from calling authorities, trhowing clothing on the train windscreen from the bridge to catch their attention,
throw branches or sand or mud or whatever there is over the tracks to derail the train without killing others, disable the catenary to cut power to the train, ...
There's an infinity of possibilities left out to make you choose one of two stupid answers, so look for a third even more stupid answer and be done with the quiz.
And don't forget the classic example of using tragedy as example of improving travel safety. So maybe the best thing is to grab your phone, record everything while you narrate that no one does anything to help.

Problems in clouds ground planes.
Radio news say that's happening in Europe also, not only the USA. And Australia, I think.
I've also heard it's not a cyber -attack but a shortage, maybe caused by some security infrastructure gone wrong.
Should we rejoice for the lack of pollution and climate footprint of the hours without flights?
Or they will pick it all up later on ?
Feels like someone really wants airtravel to die. Maybe throw airplanes on tracks to stop moving trains, to save the children.
(I assume it's that BSOD crowdstrike issue).

In case your windows box has the BSOD:

Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory
Locate the file matching “C00000291*.sys”, and delete it.
Boot Normally.

If you run VM's you can connect the VM's disk to a still running/working VM as 2nd disk and remove the file that way.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
And allways have a second Internet Device at home: Back in the days bevor Smartphone and Tabletts it might have been quite difficult to search for an Solution if your PC which was your only Internet Device was kaputt ..

Reactions: rSl

kinda looks cool
especially the dual super programmable buttons:

1721427931249.png

they come in nes and famicom colors!

1721428151012.png

1721428183747.png

fffffff

Last edited:
Back