The Communication Cube

Also bloated websites are bloated (check the number of downloaded elements in the following screenshot).

AOgEfhAI.png
When websites accrete sufficient bytes, they become black holes.

See how Louis points out that the trent is that you subscribe to an as-a-service, rather that a good?
And exactly that is what "You shall own nothing, and you will be happy" is all about.

You can also read that as: Soon, you will be able to be tracked worldwide, even on a small island in the middle of the ocean if you turn on your mobile phone....
So once that 5G GSM chip is implanted... you will be trackable at all times /tinfoilhat

You can no longer say that covid is a hoax.
Did you know that China has perfect freedom of speech? Only when you tell wrong information you get in trouble.
oh wait... I mean, UK.
People in the UK who post “false information” about vaccines online could face two years in prison under a new law.
The law would create a “knowingly false communication” offence.
The bill would also change the current stricter standard of “indecent” or “grossly offensive” content to the much broader definition of “harmful effect” when deciding if a post or a message is criminal.

Last edited:
You can also read that as: Soon, you will be able to be tracked worldwide, even on a small island in the middle of the ocean if you turn on your mobile phone....
if you keep your phone charged
FTFY. Peasants! who do they think they are to decide when their phones are on or off !
The bill would also change the current stricter standard of “indecent” or “grossly offensive” content to the much broader definition of “harmful effect” when deciding if a post or a message is criminal.
Tbh, I always found "indecent" or "grossly offensively" absolutely undetermined, so I can't much sense why "harmful effect" is worse. All three mean the same: you talk all you want and we punish you as we please.

Anarchy in the UK (but it’s ok when those in power are instigating it... :| ) :
Of course it is, why would they not be allowed to step down and get rid of their power?

Random rant: I hate the privacy and cookie pop-ups, except for the privacy pop-ups from Google, I like those because I like having a good laugh. I remember at the air port reading in a book about Google that the folks of Google once sat around discussing Google stuff and then when one idea came up some guy said something like "but we cannot do that, that would be evil!". I do not remember how it ended but it probably ended by everyone agreeing and Google being the best most ethical and privacy respecting corporation ever. If Google is evil, then why does it allow me to store all my sensitive data with them for free?

Well, in the time since youtube downloading has become painfully slow for me, so I've started using invidious copies myself now. Only trouble with them it they generally come down in 320p only, but at least they come down quick enough to let me stream them.

Reactions: rSl
so I've started using invidious copies myself now.

:cool:

Feel free to ignore the video title btw.

I'm not sure it's a good time to create a new DE that's not based on either GTK or QT. That said if you're doing it in rust you'd either have to shim one of them to rust with all the ownership complexity that entails, or do everything yourself. I suppose a normalish windowing environment doesn't actually use a lot the existing toolkits, and you can always install GTK or QT to use applications that depend on those libraries on top.

Reactions: rSl
Back