The Communication Cube

The last few days it’s a favorite topic for German news sites that children are playing squid games in Kindergarten and Shools, in the 70thes it was a big deal to be upset over the „sexgames „ on the good old Atari 2800 , but that on the Family Friendly Switch whe get the GTA Trilogy whiteout Cencoring, nobody cares ^^ ,

Oh, I didn't know, that there being no plans means it's impossible. :|

I don't think SMS provides an encryption mechanism. ?
The facts seem to grow into the Christian narrative.

No SMS as implemented by normal phones is not encrypted. As far as I recall it started out as a fragment of bandwith in the 2G signal that let engineers enter diagnostic messages in them. There's very little stopping you adding encryption over the top, although most encryption schemes add extra footers and headers to the text to describe how they're encrypted. You'd probably need to set up the encryption scheme before hand, and then send plain encrypted messages under the same scheme.

On another note. After over 9 months I managed to show that what my employer wants me to do can be done the way I deem the way to go. On Thursday I successfully subscribed to a ROS2 Topic. Today I published in it. Without a hint of the ROS2 framework on the machine my app runs on or any static Topic type information. (Now I'd say, using DDS doesn't accelerate development. Way too complex that shit.) I guess, now it's time to start working on my actual task.

Real sweat, when your employer let's you do your thing properly, even if your tasked with something crucial to the main product.

I just saw the episode from the Angry Video Game Nerd, and it’s also got meantioned in a German Gaming Show, that there where a scandal back then.. I tested these games on the Atari Emulator on Pandora, nothing that would be a scandalous these days..

when I was in shool it was in the 90thes, Doom on the Class Computer, but not that much more ..

No because this where to much evil as it was forbidden back then because of the cross.. but only the PC Version, the GBA and SNES wasn’t a issue.. ^^

No because this where to much evil as it was forbidden back then because of the cross.. but only the PC Version, the GBA and SNES wasn’t a issue.. ^^
I'd have thought it was forbidden back then because of the depiction of Hitler. As far as I can tell the original Castle Wolfenstein was just a Berserk maze style game in the main, and the only dodgy thing about that was the use of the Swastika* or the SS logo on the guards uniforms. Apparently Beyond Castle Wolfenstiein has a depiction of the Adolf himself, but I'm not sure the german government was actively policing game sales back then. But in Wolfenstein 3D the guards had more agency even if they wouldn't actively seek you out, and all the decorations were notably third reich. I remember in the early 90s the german governement was very aware of what games could so and we ended up with stuff like Carmageddon with green blood in Europe.

* Maybe that's what you're referring to as the cross. That would make sense, on consideration.

* Maybe that's what you're referring to as the cross. That would make sense, on consideration.
Most probably. In German it's called Hakenkreuz (hooked cross), though I haven't heard anyone just call it Kreuz or das Kreuz before.

And yes, the use of the Swastika and other stuff is restricted by law. It's allowed to depict those things in an academic context (e.g. historical discourse) and documentations, stuff like that. Less so in entertainment.

I was referring to this, yes thanks, all though today, they are much less strictly:
Wolfenstein Young Blood is allowed whit the hocked cross symbols now , it’s the first Wolfenstein Game where they ditnt had to censor it..
the new colloseos was that much censored they even took away the beard of Hitler ^^
Return to Castle Wolfenstein let you fought against a Wolf Cult, Heinrich Hoeller, etc I believe it was forbidden after the first release even whit the censorship, I have got the game ^^
They even had issues whit CNC Generals Back then , a Strategy Game ^^
I had to ask and show my ID Card as it was on the German Index
Back then the Iraq War was on, and the game was quite near on the real conflict, whit the USA, Russia and a Arabic fraction who even got suicidal bombers ..
they brought then a censored version after that where the suicidal bombers where TNT Sticks on Shopping’s Cars ^^

At least the Upcoming GTA Trilogie will be released Uncensored 18 +, they even changed some things in these games back then: whe ditnt got rampage missions and you didn’t got money from the Peaple..
although I don’t know how you would get Peaple to give you there money as it’s a nonviolent driving simulator ^^

They also got some issues whit Music back then : “Die Ärzte “ a German Punk band (from Berlin) got a Song in the 80thes “Claudia hat nen Schäferhund „ where a Woman had a Sexual Relationship whit a Sheepdog ^^ whit Lyrics you would count as pure humorous, but they had to remove these Record because the Gouverment Bureau who made the Ratings found it where not that good for young people, I don’t know what they where o upset about but maybe they didn’t liked sheepdogs ^^

Well back then they didn’t even found that a Game is also a bit like a Movie: Movies we’re Art so the Symbol where fine, like on Indiana Jones or something, but a Game wasn’t Art for them back then..
Shure you fought Nazis which should be good, but no argument for the BPJM ..
In current days it’s no issue anymore ..

Back