The Chinese Schedule?

Hey Jumpan, Do you really think that is could take 5 days from when the factory finished the case to when the currier could pick them. I try and imagine the size of 1000 cases and I visualize a cube in my head of 10 X10X10 cases, which really is not that big. I know the cases are in multiple parts and there is a lot of space taken up by packaging. But I think the total load is a fraction of a truck. This factory must have daily shipments or at least some sort of regular shipments. I just don’t believe that the cases are sitting there all packaged up waiting 5 days for a truck to pick them up.

jumpman said:
Actually a better question right now is, what about the Boards? How is that going? Have any shipped? Are more due within the next few weeks? Ect!

Chris

+1 .....this is the bottleneck now...or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Bosbeetle said:
I did not ask them to answer directly, I sort of opened this thread to point out this schedule date of the 18th. So when the team feels like reacting they have a thread for it. And I was just curious!

At any rate it's good that you're this defensive about it.

Sorry about that. But I got the answer, thanks craigix, so now this thread can be closed.

craigix said:
The courier isn't picking them up until the 23rd, but they say they will be ready and waiting.
I thought the Chinese factory now have learned NOT to lie anymore?
besides I don't believe what they are saying, they could make some fresh photos of "evidence" so you can see the really final cases and the real final Quality of these. No speculation anymore.

Because we have to wait for the boards at all, I think this time the delay will not have an effect onto the assembling.

aaronson911 said:
Hey Jumpan, Do you really think that is could take 5 days from when the factory finished the case to when the currier could pick them. I try and imagine the size of 1000 cases and I visualize a cube in my head of 10 X10X10 cases, which really is not that big. I know the cases are in multiple parts and there is a lot of space taken up by packaging. But I think the total load is a fraction of a truck. This factory must have daily shipments or at least some sort of regular shipments. I just don’t believe that the cases are sitting there all packaged up waiting 5 days for a truck to pick them up.
Well, knowing the mould factory as I do, they probably had yesterday set up(and they weren't done), but then they missed there window, and low and behold the 23rd is the next available spot.

In all seriousness, yeah I can beleive it can take 5 days to get a pick up. I've worked retail/warehouse here in vegas, and I have had a trucking company come to my home to pick up a full sized arcade game, and depending on there schedules, you could see them in 24hrs or it could take 1-2 weeks depending on your spot, and the priority they may, or may not give you! I would think that mould factory has some pull, as they are sending out big shippments daily, weekly, and monthly, but once again, it could just be the lack of priority the Open Pandora Team is receiving!

Chris

craigix said:
Why aren't you all amazed that they are going to meet the 22nd March deadline?

craigix said:
The courier isn't picking them up until the 23rd, but they say they will be ready and waiting.

Because we know better. Why don't you?

Azure said:
craigix said:
Why aren't you all amazed that they are going to meet the 22nd March deadline?

craigix said:

Because we know better. Why don't you?
Maybe what I'm reading is out of context, but from what it looks like they will be delivered to England on time but Craig won't get them until the next day.

Crunchwrap said:
Maybe what I'm reading is out of context, but from what it looks like they will be delivered to England on time but Craig won't get them until the next day.
I read what Craig said in this way, too.

'They say they will be ready and waiting'

- surely this refers to the Chinese Factory saying the goods will be ready for collection, therefore they won't be shipping until the 23rd.

Not wanting to take part in any speculation, but to be honest, I read "They say they will be ready and waiting" in the vein of "As we've said that the factory told us before, the goods will be in the UK on the 22nd, ready and waiting for the courier".

The factory couldn't guarantee when they'd be ready for collection in the UK (for a number of reasons including clearance). They could guess, but not to the point that you could book a collection confidently.

Crunchwrap said:
Maybe I misinterpreted it, but I thought he meant that the courier won't pick them up from China until the 23rd (and that the Chinese mould company are saying that they will have the goods finished before the 23rd, so they will simply be waiting until the 23rd for the courier to drop by and pick up the shipment).

craigix said:
And you asked why we weren't all excited that you'd meet the 22nd deadline...

There's a difference between "are ready" and "will be ready" for collection

Personally, knowing what we all know, I'm reading that last one as, they "might be ready... maybe" :( :p

Back