The case of the case.

That case looks quite nice! I hope the color is not final though, I'm not a big fan of baby blue.

What are those holes to the left and right of the power button?

That case looks quite nice! I hope the color is not final though, I'm not a big fan of baby blue.

What are those holes to the left and right of the power button?
I was thinking LED light pipes were going to go there. I could be wrong, tho'.

-God Ginrai

The hinge are is not yet changed (except for a small change so that the display doesn't open as far)
Does this mean that it will not be able to open 180 degrees.
I didn't notice that. I hope you're wrong and, if not, I hope it's just some stops I can cut out with a utility knife.

Nintendo DS-sized devices like the Pandora are simply too small to comfortably hold and look at any other way than open ~180 degrees.

The only time I don't have the hinge open that far is when I have my Pandora sitting on a table and, 99% of the time, when that happens, I'm either charging it while I use my desktop or listening to the news while I cook.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nintendo DS doesn't do 180 degrees, it's more like 178 degrees (and it will probably be similar here, as that's the best viewing angle for LCDs here)

Would be nice to see you at the retro gaming event in Rosenheim at the 19.07. this year

Looks great :D , thanks for the update.

I like the new modifications to the case, the new buttons also seem to be placed in a comfortable location.

question, will the Pyra have a lasting paint job? or a different kind of material that is more sturdy? or a protective coating on the whole case?

The Pandora its paint damages too easily, especially around the corners of the device.

I'm with you on that one.
Thats just a standard cad color if you ask me, the final product can be any color.
I would prefer matte black or a very dark anthracite-like grey. Or else a dark shade of scarlet.

pyra_case_black.png

pyra_case_darkgray.png

pyra_case_scarlet.png

I'm with you on that one.
Thats just a standard cad color if you ask me, the final product can be any color.
I would prefer matte black or a very dark anthracite-like grey. Or else a dark shade of scarlet.

pyra_case_black.png

pyra_case_darkgray.png

pyra_case_scarlet.png
Nice colors :)

I would prefer a really tough finish tho, which is tougher, matte or glossy?

Would be nice to have little to no painting problems with the Pyra.

Red make sense for Pyra and I think a led outline of logo number 1 would look nice on it. That said, I never got any red devices.

My devices are mostly black.

The Nintendo DS doesn't do 180 degrees, it's more like 178 degrees (and it will probably be similar here, as that's the best viewing angle for LCDs here)
What does that mean?
In my experience the closer you get to 180 degrees, the less you have to bend your wrists, and the more comfortable the position is.

Do you have a Nintendo clamshell? I find that if I flip it open to its approximation of 180 degrees I have to stretch my hands more to see the screen well than if I open it to it's first stop. That said, I didn't find it too hard to adjust to the Pandora's screen angle as is.

No glossy for me...

And I would like black, dark grey, or if red it must be even darker...

But imho black with a red led lit logo on the lid is the way to go.

Red case with red logo wouldnt be as good.

No glossy for me...

And I would like black, dark grey, or if red it must be even darker...

But imho black with a red led lit logo on the lid is the way to go.

Red case with red logo wouldnt be as good.
Dark red with a bright orange-yellow logo could be cool too -- or should I say hot.

Actually I am hoping that the logo led is an RGB led so you can make its color change like a flame. Not just for the flame effect ;) but mostly because it would be the only (or at least the most visible) led when the lid is closed, and if you want to use it for notifications and battery status etc, it can give much more information if it can change to any color.

Dark grey with a suitable red logo would be very sleek :)

EDIT: Or orange logo. Although then it'd be quite exactly in the colors of the company I work for :D

Back