The biggest computer/gaming mistake you have ever made.

...I'm still waiting for my first batch preorder Pandora, but when I get it I will do.

I've moved flat 3 times in past year and so a lot of my stuff is and has been in boxes for ages now.. I think I have a VF game on my Dreamcast but not even played it. I won a bid on eBay for a little batch of 5 or so games cheap and I think that was one of them
I can tell you after owning a Dreamcast that VF 3tb [tb stands for team battle btw] is ok at best. However you might like it better than the 32X version. I don't know. :wacko:  Obviously I don't like it better. :p

As I said previously.. I would really like to know your thoughts and would certainly value your opinion however you choose.

Heavily consider the overall gameplay and control.

Hope you get your Pandora soon and best of luck when you do. ;)

Last edited:
Cheers, I will do...

Got my fingers crossed for craig and EDs plan to ship all remaining preorders soon so I'm hoping just 2 months more, or thereabouts ;)

Also, when mentioning my fav beat em ups there I forgot Soul Calibur/ Soul Blade / Soul Edge series... those are great beat em ups too IMO

I *love* VF3tb. Granted, the menus and screen furniture are ugly as hell, and looking at arcade screenshots it looks nowhere as good as the arcade version, but it was a launch game and IMO it plays really well compared to VF1 and 2 on the Saturn. It's still old-style VF rather than faster VF4+, but I don't mind that - I reckon it's a better way to learn the rhythm of VF attacks and blocks. And I still think it's a shame they stopped doing multiple level arenas after VF3tb.

Selling my 060 Amiga A1200 SCSI squirrel CDROM setup in 1994 to buy a pc :(
I hear ya. What was it that done it? Quake? Photoshop? All the fancy 3D software jumping ship to Mac and PC?

1994? Since Quake wasn't out yet, It was prob Doom era games. 

Cheers, I will do...

Got my fingers crossed for craig and EDs plan to ship all remaining preorders soon so I'm hoping just 2 months more, or thereabouts ;)

Also, when mentioning my fav beat em ups there I forgot Soul Calibur/ Soul Blade / Soul Edge series... those are great beat em ups too IMO
Ah yes ..Soul Caliber for the Dreamcast was a stellar game for that system and one of the best fighters ever. It still holds up quite well today!! Which brings me to another mistake....the day I sold my black sports model Dreamcast.

Last edited:
#1 - Buying a superdisk drive, and holding on to it thinking that it's going to be the next best thing. I mean come on, this thing took a floppy drive, and used a cd drive laser in it to make it both backward compatible and gave 120mb on it's superdisks. Wow! In hindsight, it's backwards compatability and reading old disks at a much higher speed than normally possible was its highlight - the superdisks themselves were mega expensive, and slow.

But gaming.. Probably buying 3000AD, the first one that got rushed out by Derek Smark. It was unplayable.

#1 - Buying a superdisk drive, and holding on to it thinking that it's going to be the next best thing. I mean come on, this thing took a floppy drive, and used a cd drive laser in it to make it both backward compatible and gave 120mb on it's superdisks. Wow! In hindsight, it's backwards compatability and reading old disks at a much higher speed than normally possible was its highlight - the superdisks themselves were mega expensive, and slow.
I had one of those as well, only ever had one superdisk for it (the one that it came with), since they were so expensive.

My worst gaming mistake was probably buying the e-reader for GBA.

At the time I was starting to get really into the old NES games that my family had, games like Final Fantasy, Megaman 2, River City Ransom.  When I heard about the e-reader, my naive younger self thought oh man all those great games will be released and I can play them on my GBA.  Later on I found out just how limited the dot codes on those cards were (it would take 10 card swipes to load in a game like Mario Bros (not Super Mario Bros, the original arcade game)).  All the licensing and such aside, I did the math once and found that it would take upwards of like 80+ cards to do one of the games that I was interested in playing.

Edit:

Found the numbers again, each strip of dot codes was 2.2KB of data, so if we take the largest NES game by file size that I have on my computer (Kirby Adventure at 768KB) that would be 350 card swipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fell into the trap of hyped games.. more than once. So you buy these new expensive games, with nice graphics and great reviews, but in the end... they are not worth it.

I bought Daikatana. And did not read the reviews beforehand. I must have played like half an hour, hour tops before I got bored. And it was expensive too.

Also fell for the Black&White trap. Man, the second level is unplayable, so you get your kicks on the first level, or just don't. 95% PCZone my @$$. (still have the boxes... need to sell those...)

Then, much later, I bought daikatana for Gameboy Color. Although a bit linear, I still had a great time and I managed finish it.

I fell for the Black&White-trap too.

This game was so bad....

I will not even try it again someday, because there is no way to skip the endless tutorial and choose the pet you want from the start.

I fell for the Black&White-trap too.

This game was so bad....

I will not even try it again someday, because there is no way to skip the endless tutorial and choose the pet you want from the start.
I also have bad memories onto B&W. It was a really hyped game and it looked so good in the magazines and in theory it was a good game and you could do alot there. But in reality, the gameplay itself was just not fun at all. I remember to just gave up at one point because you just could not train your pet, care about your people, build and expand your territory and win the level at the same time. Typical Molineux game: great ideas, poor gameplay.

I did kickstarter a pretty cool device a while back. It was a keyboard/controller for cell phones. It was pretty keen, but the project went south when the guy in charge dropped the ball one too many times.

Playing Teleglitch in bed with bad posture and fucking up my neck last week...  starting to get better now!

Buying a new Core 2 Duo PC with a highend graphics card to play Gothic 3... only to find out that the game didn't support multicore cpus and was buggy as hell. Random crashes, quests that couldn't be finished and the npcs really dumb ai made it one of the worst games I have played ever. Years later, when the community (mind you! not the publisher or the studio!) had ironed out the biggest bugs and inconsistencies I installed it agan, but never finished it the "legal" way. After Gothic 3, I never bought a Piranha Bytes game at release date again.

oh yeah... just forgot: I kept the PC, but I sold the graphics on ebay a few months later

Back