The Alcohol Thread

Do you drink alcohol?

• Total voters

For anyone interested in a .PDF copy of Marijuana is Safer: So why are we driving people to drink

PM me and I'll send you a link.

It's a good book and for anyone sick of hangovers, a much safer alternative (except for the law in some parts).

It is a much better alternative, but it's not the same high. You have reduced inhibitions with alcohol, yet increased ones with pot. Still, I don't know anyone that has ever gotten stoned and then gone out and started a fight with someone, so it's definitely got that going for it. It still should be taken seriously though, as it quite dramatically affected my mental state when I abused it.

I don't drink because strange as it may sound I don't like the taste, I do however have the occasional energy drink binge (generally 8-10 cans).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't drink because strange as it may sound I don't like the taste, I do however have the occasional energy drink binge (generally 8-10 cans).

You need to try more alcohol. Order every cocktail on the menu one by one. Whatever happens as long as you drink them it will be a fun time.

I confiscated some fruit cider from my grans supplies yesterday, I had it last night, it was the first cider I've ever enjoyed.

^ If you don't like the taste, then you just haven't had a good beer. ;)

Well I've tried enough for my liking, am afraid I'm a lost cause. :)

You need to try more alcohol. Order every cocktail on the menu one by one. Whatever happens as long as you drink them it will be a fun time.

I can drink cocktails easily enough because the extra flavours mask the taste/burning sensation of the alcoholic components + I think that the only types that I still have to try are absinthe and meths. :)

If that's the kind of crap you're drinking no wonder you don't like it, ditch the spirits and cheap lager, order something with a proper flavour to it...like Guinness, meal in a cup

If that's the kind of crap you're drinking no wonder you don't like it, ditch the spirits and cheap lager, order something with a proper flavour to it...like Guinness, meal in a cup

People say this, but Guinness is really only 125-210 calories (depending on the serving size). It's nowhere near as rich and thick (and calorie-laden) as some beers. Delicious all the same. I wish I could get freshly-brewed Guinness instead of the preserved kind that makes it stateside.

People say this, but Guinness is really only 125-210 calories (depending on the serving size). It's nowhere near as rich and thick (and calorie-laden) as some beers. Delicious all the same. I wish I could get freshly-brewed Guinness instead of the preserved kind that makes it stateside.
me and the wife are going to take a vacation in Dublin just for this specific thing ;)

I'm afraid you're not going to like this but I don't like Guinness either, the only drink that I remember liking (when I was younger anyway) is Strongbow.

Strongbow is like appletiser, only it gets you drunk. It's not proper cider though, and I doubt that the ingredients were even passed by a real apple. I live near the thatchers brewery, which would be good for me except that I detest cider.

I'd like to pay a visit to the wychwood brewery, they make some of my favourite ales.

I have to say that german beer is the best I've ever tasted. But the Belgians win with Leffe, which is my hands down all time favourite ever.

:) yeah, but that's more than a meal for quite a lot of people, and i drink enough of it to be a meal when i go out

Fair enough. My Guinness sometimes comes with a shot of Jameson and Bailey's Irish Cream. Sometimes being almost always.

Breakfast stouts fill me up quite quickly. Founders Brewing Company (USA, Colorado) makes one that is a double oatmeal chocolate coffee stout. It makes me weak in the knees it's so good. It's also an 8.3% ABV. Even so, it's still only 180 calories.

Has anyone ever gotten high on fart smell/gas?

I sometimes like the smell of mine...which is ultimately just the smell of faeces.

letting-off-steam.gif

Yeah, Guinness is surprisingly light on calories, about two fewer calories per ounce than Budweiser.

I think the best stout I've had was this one. At 10% ABV I wouldn't drink more than one, though. Never tried an oatmeal stout, but I want to.

I've been drinking quite a bit lately (by my standards at least), but never more than one or two drinks in a day, because I find intoxication very unpleasant.

Bourbon has a specific taste that I don't like at all, I'm not sure what it is since I've never tasted it in anything else. Maybe it's just the corn. I've never tried any "good" bourbon, though (just JTS Brown and Evan Williams).

Jameson is a very inexpensive, smooth Irish whiskey that I've been enjoying lately (in strict moderation, of course).

Oatmeal doesn't really add any flavor to a stout, but it does add body. Founders makes a Breakfast Stout (double chocolate double coffee oatmeal stout) that brings me to my knees it's so good.

That Brooklyn stout is really good. I've had that one before as well. Try the Founders one though. I think you'd like it.

Back