Wine & Other Alcohol

Unfathomable Depths said:
Australian lager on the whole is excellent

That's probably why they export XXXX and Fosters :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Feck sake.

Welsh beer is like having a Scottish salad. No one's heard of it and no one wants to try it.

Nog is an award winning brew from Norfolk. From the Woodforde brewery, which has quite a reputation. I add a few more hops to the mash when I'm brewing my own.

By the way, you'll hate me even more when I tell you I've only been in Wales 9 months and I'm actually a Cockney. ;)

Gold top Fosters used to be the import version. Don't think they do it here anymore.

VB only ever made it here as import - I thought that was a much better beer than XXXX or Fosters

Beepo said:
Feck sake.

Welsh beer is like having a Scottish salad. No one's heard of it and no one wants to try it.

Nog is an award winning brew from Norfolk. From the Woodforde brewery, which has quite a reputation. I add a few more hops to the mash when I'm brewing my own.

By the way, you'll hate me even more when I tell you I've only been in Wales 9 months and I'm actually a Cockney. ;)

I don't hate you.. We could be mates - except you drink 'real ale' and probably think having the original brewers foreskin in yer pint is a bonus ;)

Cloudy beer isn't my thing.

Gold top Fosters used to be the import version. Don't think they do it here anymore.

VB only ever made it here as import - I thought that was a much better beer than XXXX or Fosters
Yeah, sorry, should've been a bit clearer there... Exporting the crap and keeping the good stuff, etc. etc. :huh:

Edit: Ninja quote again

I don't hate you.. We could be mates - except you drink 'real ale' and probably think having the original brewers foreskin in yer pint is a bonus ;)

Cloudy beer isn't my thing.

Only if he has a face like a burst couch.

Sorry to derail, but right now it's Klitschko vs. Johnson, good stuff!
Edit:
Well, it's more Kindergarten right now. Klitschko has a cut, that might make things more interesting.

fr4n said:

Yeah, sorry, should've been a bit clearer there... Exporting the crap and keeping the good stuff, etc. etc. :huh:

Edit: Ninja quote again

I understood what you were saying. The imported Fosters was better than the shite they brewed here - so that gives you an idea how bad it was.

The number one selling beer in Scotland is still Tennants. Who brewed Fosters under licence up here. The just filled the can with with the same crap and rebranded it.

Hey, we drank Tennants when we visited Glasgow... Can't fault it for being cheap. :)

We keep the real stuff away from tourists though.

I'll have to have a chat with my wife's cousin when I see him again. <_<

There have been sonnets written about it

The Old Purple Tin - Alabama 3

As good a testimony as I've ever heard!

The whole 3 years I worked behind a bar, the only lager I really truly liked was Coors Light. Man, when we first got that in it was amazing. So fresh and cool. Customers seemed to avoid it though because it was a few pennies more then the other lagers we had on offer. So eventually it died. Such a shame. I don't drink anymore now :(

Tennent’s is something consumed when you hate living, but want to just hate it that bit more.

It’s manufactured by wringing out a tramp’s jacket.

Chip! We already have a booze thread not much more than halfway down the page!

Remember, drinking in moderation is fine, but not drinking and moderation.

:D

Tom` said:
Chip! We already have a booze thread not much more than halfway down the page!
Gah. I have my preferences set to 20 threads per page, so it wasn't on the first page for me. Didn't think to go hunting for an existing booze thread. Just wanted to move the conversation out of a completely unrelated thread. :)

Back