Temper Bugs/suggestions/compatibility Issues

I guess that leaves out 50% of my rips. My ratio is 40/50/10 (bin/mp3/ogg). Been trying to upgrade all to bin but haven't bothered in a long while. I'll compile a list of games I can test and PM. Lot of good it does to have all the games if you can't play them where you want to. <_<

Thanks for the offers, I'll send out betas to geise and bman later today when I'm back home.

bman; Do the iso/mp3 rips have cuesheets? If not maybe you can reconstruct those, then transcode the mp3s to oggs (I don't have any utility to do this but if you send me one of the rips maybe I can figure something out). That'll come at a loss of quality of course.

I'm looking forward to getting > 5-6 hours of sleep tonight *_*

Exophase said:
Just to let you guys know, I'm finally making good progress on CD-ROM emulation for the PC version of Temper. I hope to have it in good working shape for a first release by next weekend. From there I don't see any major reasons why it shouldn't port over to GP2X, and hopefully it won't put too much of an extra performance strain on it (especially considering in a lot of cases the CPU is freed from having to pump out audio)

.. oh, and in case there's any confusion, even though I originally planned to do SuperGrafx first I changed my mind. So this doesn't mean I did SuperGrafx >_>

WOW!
can't wait to try Ninja Action Kaze Kiri and Lords of the Rising Sun >.<

good choice to do TurboCD support first... if you want a tester, i have an huge library of turbocd isos for that.
So the emu needs ogg for audio? *starts converting stuff*

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you guys who want to test have AIM/MSN/Yahoo/ICQ please contact me there, or on IRC (I'm Exophase on efnet). I need as many dedicated people as I can get because it seems like there are some major snags in this working for my one tester so far. If you have an F200 that's good, and if you have both an F100 and an F200 that's even better. Real time communication is good. If any of you somehow have a way to debug on an F200 (like a serial cable) then please contact me if you're interested in testing at all, I don't care how many games you have.

Also if any GP2X experts want to take a crack at debugging it, if it doesn't work for them. I can send out the source. notaz, I can use you especially ^^

Temper doesn't need OGG, you can use bin/cue (or iso/wav/cue if you want that for some reason). It's just smaller that way of course.

Exophase said:
notaz said:
Exophase said:
I did some more looking into things and I think that moving the OGG decoding to the second core shouldn't be all that bad. I'm a day ahead of schedule, so I might throw this at beta testers earlier and try doing a 940T decoder in the extra day.
You probably already know, that ogg decoder port for 940 already exists. It's under BSD license, so should be ok for you.

I know all about it, but it's completely unsuitable for my needs. I can't use a decoder which relies on the entire file being loaded into memory. I need something that can dynamically request seeks and reads from the OGG file.

Putting this together shouldn't be that much of a big deal, but it'll still take some elbow grease (working with the 940 seems a little scary...). I also intend to use Tremolo, which is a little faster.

Hirolaser; Originally I was saying that people would be better off porting Ootake or Mednafen for Pandora, but now I'm thinking I'll push Temper on to it. It took a lot of work, but for the most part the PC version is as or more compatible than the other emulators, and it should be much faster on an ARM platform (actually, I doubt an Ootake port would run all games that well on Pandora..)

That's fantastic really looking forward to Temper on Pandora, It's going to be awesome.

Exophase said:
bman; Do the iso/mp3 rips have cuesheets? If not maybe you can reconstruct those, then transcode the mp3s to oggs (I don't have any utility to do this but if you send me one of the rips maybe I can figure something out).
Yes, I have cue sheets in each file. I verified most with the PCE TOC collection. I usually convert them with xaudio.dll back to wav to play them.

Here is my breakdown:
iso-ape - 16
ccd-img - 17
bin-cue - 228
iso-mp3 - 116
iso-wav - 11
iso-ogg - 93
iso-flac - 2

For others that might eventually have problems with rips, go here In the tutorials sections are ways to rip games, and it has the tocfixer program by Nightwolve. It will be needed for some iso/mp3 rips. Some get so out of synch it can cause major problems. Remember, that there's nothing Exophase can do about games that play bad if it's from a bad rip.

To all the people I've sent out builds to for testing:

I've noticed some discrepancies that could cause (otherwise fine) cuesheets to crash. I'm going to work on fixing that up, but since they're out there I'm also going to work on support some PCM WAV encodings aside from 44.1KHz/16bit/stereo.

I'll get that tended to today and send out new builds.

I need more people whom I can talk to regularly in real time :(

Exophase said:

I've noticed some discrepancies that could cause (otherwise fine) cuesheets to crash. I'm going to work on fixing that up, but since they're out there I'm also going to work on support some PCM WAV encodings aside from 44.1KHz/16bit/stereo.

the version you gave me seems to run flawlessy all the isos i'm throwing at, check your PMs!
I'll continue playi.. ehm, testing a lot of stuff this night. :lol:

with that ogg support this emu will be another pillar in the gp2x software temple, just like the Picodrive

Eclipse said:
Exophase said:

the version you gave me seems to run flawlessy all the isos i'm throwing at, check your PMs!
I'll continue playi.. ehm, testing a lot of stuff this night. :lol:

with that ogg support this emu will be another pillar in the gp2x software temple, just like the Picodrive

It has OGG support. Check out the readme ;p

Farjius no Jakoutei - Neo Metal Fantasy (J) freezes once I'm on the "Wold map". Is this a known issue? I use OGG format.

hi, is there some special option i have to activate to use normal save in cd games? rondo of blood doesn't seem to be saving, even though it's supposed to.
i know there's save states, but i'd much prefer to be able to use normal saves

Dude... gravedigging (last post is from like a year ago) is generally frowned upon and on the internet you can even *gasp* get banned for it! Though not on this forum. I would still recommend you to stop that and open a new thread with your problem since it will draw more attention and you might find a solution much quicker.

i've never been on a forum where it's a problem. any place that would ban for such a bizarre and trivial reason probably wouldn't be wortth posting at. i guess i'll make a new thread, even though it seems like a massive waste of time.

Back