Release Telegram

Alright, no rush! What's wrong with the audio? It works for me. Well, I mean it makes sound, like when I get a new message. It needs a less soft sound though.

@Silent-Hunter: with the beta version, Ingoreis reported issue with audio, and I could see on the logs that openal failed to initiale the mic, and thus fail to initialise at all (so no audio).

Ohhhh for recording audio to send? I didn't know it was supposed to do that! I hope you can work it out!

Notaz did many Updates..maybe it work now with OpenAL?
When you have a newer Version i will be glad to test it because this "Compressed..Animated..Gif"Support in the newest Version from January.
My Brother Kevin use Telegram on a Pandora too :)

I'm working on codeblocks & dosbox first. I'll resume my work on Telegram after codeblocks (hopefully this weekend, but not sure, as I initially intended to start middle of this week).

Ok, I have finaly got a new build. That custom patched Qt is always a pleasure to recompile :(

I still had issue with the alsa mic input (that stereo mic is difficult to make working!), so I forced openal to use oss instead. There is no error, but I'm not sure it's working.

Please test before I put on the repo, I'm still not sure it's working properly.

PND => Telegram.

Gif suppport work perfectly,
Audio Messages from other People to me play fine too :D

..but the Pandora Microphone dont work for Recording either.
The Microphone is no so much Important for me..thx for this new Version.
Worked good and had no Crash here :)

PND Runout say:
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
old version, removing old .alsoftrc if exist
installing default .alsoftrc
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
AL lib: (EE) ALCcaptureOSS_open: Could not open /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
AL lib: (EE) ALCcaptureOSS_open: Could not open /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
AL lib: (EE) ALCcaptureOSS_recordProc: read failed: Input/output error

[swscaler @ 0x22e5550] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgra.

Thanks @ingoreis for the quick test.

Can you open the file appdata/telegram/home/.alsoftrc
search for [oss] than change
Code:
## capture:
#  Sets the device name for OSS capture.
#capture = /dev/dsp

by

Code:
## capture:
#  Sets the device name for OSS capture.
capture = /dev/adsp
and see if it improve the audio capture?

i tried it and with the new Setting it dont work too.
This File is written with every start of Telegram new and Telegram do not sense my Changes.

Opened it on a Windows PC with PNDTools and with Notepad++ i changed it manualy inside the PND.
Now is here after a start of Telegram the right Setting with this /dev/adsp in the correct Row but dont work either.

here the PNDRunut:
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

ah yes, my fault, I forgot something in the runscript... I'll update the PND soon.
[doublepost=1453033314,1453031910][/doublepost]I uploaded a new release, same link. it should fix the .alsoftrc always beeing overwriten, and hopefully also enabling the audio capture part.
[doublepost=1453037838][/doublepost]I'm not sure if a "Double Post Merged" still mark a thread as new...

Anyway, @ingoreis if you can test the new version.

unfortunaly no working too for the Microphone.
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/telegram"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/128GB_SD/pandora/appdata/telegram=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/telegram=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/telegram"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
old version, removing old .alsoftrc if exist
[ogg @ 0x2024b20] 727 bytes of comment header remain

there ist written:
[oss]

## device:
# Sets the device name for OSS output.
#device = /dev/dsp

## capture:
# Sets the device name for OSS capture.
capture = /dev/adsp

but it still try to use /dev/dsp like before

no, capture=/dev/adsp is fine, and it's not consistant with the error you have.

So, I hardcoded /dev/adsp (instead of /dev/dsp) is openal, for a last try to get sound. I updated the pnd, still on the same link.

Unfortunaly not. :(
I will try it this Evening with an Empty SD Card and a fresh reflashed Pandora.
Maybe somes Settings are not ok on my Nand.

But i must say....
..Maybe the Micophone simply do not work :(

Thx for your Hard work..i have Visitors and try this Evening more :)

Last edited:
I'm quite sure DraStic use the microphone. So it's doable. And Audacity is mentionned as working too (and I tried with simple command line arecord and aplay, and it was working too).

I'll publish this version, and will let other people try to get a working config.
Use the .alsoftrc to change backend and other things, and if needed create a .soundrc in the same place to change alsa setup. If someone find a working config, I'll integrate the changes in a next build.

Linphone also uses the microphone, but you need a properly set up .asoundrc in order to use the mic. This is what vandyswa came up with to make it work:

Code:
pcm.dmixed {
type dmix
ipc_key 1234
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
buffer_size 8192
period_size 2048
#periods 128
period_time 0
buffer_time 0
rate 44100
}
}

pcm.softvol {
type softvol
slave {
pcm "dmixed"
}
control {
name "Master"
card 0
}
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "softvol"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
}
}

ctl.dsp0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

pcm.imic {
type route
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.0 = 1
}
}
pcm.xmic {
type route
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.1 = 1
}
}

@edgex004 thanks but I have the same error at init with that .soundrc
[doublepost=1453054978,1453052920][/doublepost]Ok, last last attempt. I have uploaded a new pnd (still the same link). it's using alsa again, and I don't have the error anymore. But still not sure it's working.
@ingoreis you'll have to remove appdata/telegram/.alsoftrc to have the new config.

Back