Release SuperZaxxon v1.76

ok, I tried that, but it didn't change anything...(also, its not triggered under 1.75)..can it be caused by a fault during the system upgrade? cause I noticed some of the pandora scripts referenced a non-existing op_path.sh..forcing a opkg reinstall of pandora scripts fixed that (but not yet the usb issue)..are there any other opkgs I should try to reinstall??

I haven't worked on it for a long time so I simply don't remember the opkgs. If you have random missing files, the charging monitoring service might be broken too. Or some messed up configuration files that are not updated by opkg. I'd recommend redoing the SD card or reflashing the NAND.

Yeah, sort of few days ago in IRC we realized that opkg is not really good at keeping track of files.

Sleep mode does shut down the USB host to save power iirc, maybe it's related? I think it can be changed somewhere too...
I always charge with the barrel jack with my psp charger and never had any problems with it. I'm looking to buy a USB to barrel connector now, for just in case... to add to my zombie apocalypse Pandora USB stuff pouch. :)

Soon my Pandora will turn 7, think I'll buy it a cake and sing it some songs. :)

Gamestop sells PSP chargers with a normal wall plug, that detaches for usb to barrel jack. It is really handy.

ok..always feels a bit like a defeat to do a clean install ;) i have reflashed the NAND now and that works properly.. (will do sd card later)

the only weird thing my Pandora does during charging is to display negative times how long the full charge will take. :D Don't know since what Firmware update this is but the charge goes normal through. My Batery stops charging around 80% or so, but after reboot it's over 90%. Never reaches 100% but I have an old classic Pandora, not the newest Battery for sure.

fusion_power: me too with my classic UNLESS I charge it through USB, then it seems to get 100%, might just be the lower charge for longer?

My Pandora seems to stop charging at about 80% and if taken off the charge for at least five seconds then put back on will happily then charge to 100%. But I've not yet managed to prove that's what's happening, because the LCD on my unit is broken, and I can only check charge when I take it to the TV and plug it in, and also I've rarely been looking when it comes of charge, so it's possible it charged to close to 100% then discharged all the way down, although it shouldn't have been able to go much beyond 90% I'd have thought in the few hours I estimate between end of charge and my checking. Although maybe if it's only charging to 80% it will come to that point earlier in the night, I've not really considered that.

It's not a big issue. If I've charged it overnight, I'll just replug it when I wake up, and let it grab a little more charge while I'm having my breakfast.

I had a battery issue at some point last year, the meter was stuck at 0% while the unit was still running, or showed 100% after hours of use. I removed the battery and let it sit for a day, then charged it back to full. That seemed to fix it for the time being.

My pandora feels much faster with this update. For some reason I had totally missed that there were updates since 1.54 so this was a happy find. Thankyou!

been away a long time, can I ask if this is ok for the pandora 1001 with the lower ram? many thanks

been away a long time, can I ask if this is ok for the pandora 1001 with the lower ram? many thanks

As @TrashyMG said, it will work, but if you have a very old version of the OS it is better to do a full reflash, because just using the update script could lead to various issues

it's currently running 1.71, it's been a year or so since I powered it on. think full reflash is best bet, cheers guys

Hi all :)

@notaz : I just reflashed my Rebirth Pandora with your SuperZaxxon v1.76 image, and it worked like a charm !

Then I used your "Upgrade Pandora OS" tool to fetch the latest changes :)

Thanks a lot for your continuing support !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Pandora fell and although xinit worked to get it into GUI mode, I just reflashed and ready :) Thank you @notaz

As there were quite some updates after 1.76 release and because future updates are unlikely (3.2 kernel went EOL a year ago), I'm thinking about packaging everything we have now to a likely-final SZ 1.77 release.

If anyone has any wishes or not-yet-included fixes to share it's a good time to raise them here.

I would love two have two options:

1. Fully featured
2. Minimal version without most of the default apps

It's kind of a pain to strip all the stuff out vice install a few things in a bare install.

Back